ITT: relics of a bygone era

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=88zQ_sf6BMg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remember how easy everything used to be?

Lets get fucked up

indie/rap crossover had so much potential in 2009. unfortunately, the white kids just ditched indie entirely in favor of rap. can't we all just get along?

2009 feels like it was 8 bajillion years ago.

Splatter is still a great track

NME, rest in piss

OK, you got me.

are there any ugly girls in the audience tonight?

Remember New Rave? That was a mistake.
I unironically love that album

fucking hated the kooks but i always thought that was a good album cover

New Rave and Dance Punk were the absolute same thing right?

Early stoner days
Most white kids got into hiphop rap thru them

NEW ALBUM THIS YEAR GET HYPE
youtube.com/watch?v=88zQ_sf6BMg

The song they did with Icona Pop is still my fucking jam

THEY CALL ME STACY

New Rave was indie meets dance punk, and also everyone involved dressed like a proper wanker in public.

fuck that song so much

Those facial expressions are ancient relics too

don't think we've forgotten about your unbearably white indie period dev u poser!!!!!!

Hurt is still a banger desu

I still love this album i don't care if they fell into a black hole after it came out

damn :(

Can trance make a comeback?

>basshunter
>trance

man remember this?

I remember people not caring about it. Which they still do nowadays.

fuck off with your shitty album

Seriously. Really fucking annoying to see bands cash in on the Sup Forums audience. Even indie bands wanna become the new Death Grips. Fucking viral marketing shit.

guilty pleasure t.bh f.am

fuck off brian

ALL THE GIRLS POSE THE SAME FOR PICTURES

:)

On his old blog he once made a post bitching about someone on the street that said he didn't act black and how he was better than thugs who "intimidate grannies." Now it looks like he's become a woke hotep.

I wish they put out more music

Mind you not the band itself, but just the album alone seems to be stuck in this weird stasis of 2011. Unpopular opinion, I know.

I would've bet anything that Pete Doherty would be dead by now

Underrated

Miss this scene. Used to skate to these shitty burger albums all the time

Remember MGMT, Foster the People, M83, Fun, and all that indie-dance shit that was big on the radio for a bit?

I much much prefer that to ignorant trap rap and soundcloud EDM that is everywhere now.

still good every once and a while IMO
ashamed I still never got around to listening to this
nah even the band is old news

HOLY SHIT
MY NIGGA
FUCK

i still have my wu lyf paraphernalia like the bandana from joining the movement when they were fundraising fuck

Itt: trendhoppers

>more popular than ever and artistically at their prime
>"nah even the band is old news"
Sometimes I feel people just say the things they do because they think they have to.

>Right in the feels.

What other albums are part of that scene? I really like that one desu

Anything by burger records c2011, you'll find other shit from there. Crocodiles were the shit.

WOLF GANG YO THAT WRIST SPLIT SPLATTER

Unironically one of the greatest openers in the history of hip-hop. Song itself is okay but that line though, man.

DIPSET UH KILLA

this is actually one of the most fun rap albums ever

Also

I literally don't recognize any of these albums except OF and Yung Lean

Only songs that hold up are Seven, French!, ad Assmilk

There's no other album on this Earth that's aged so poorly

fucking hell theres a blast from the past

"Ima mother fucking Martian" was lil Waynes swan song. That shit does seem old now. What about goblin though?

Anyone remember leviscommercialcore?

I fucking love this album. Still rock it at least once a week.

Forgot these guys existed. I know Jarer voices Chuck E. Cheese now but what has the band done recently?

I remember their song was in the fast and furious movie trailer
And being very dissapointed it wasn't in the movie itself

Not really forgotten since they released a new album recently which was pretty good, but they are not as big as they used to be in 2008 when they won Mercury prize and Grounds for Divorce was a huge hit.

They were often lumped with other post britpop bands like Coldplay, Snow Patrol, James, I Am Kloot, Keane, Starsailor, Doves or Travis, but their sound was more unique and instad of copying Radiohead they were mainly inspired by Genesis.

one of the producers on that album died recently

I'm an asshole for having feels from just looking at the cover

Still love this album

crazy how those 2-3 years seemed like such a moment and now its just gone.

as for pic related, its still good but I feel like it can only be heard in retrospect now.

This always fucks me up to think about. One of my favorite albums of all time and probably one of the most perfect debut albums ever. Can you imagine trying to put together something that looked like that? i think they really made the wrong move in the way they tried to make the second album so different, it wasnt even necessarily bad but it was so run of the mill compared to silent alarm. After that pretty much nothing they could do could bring them back to that level again, and as much as i liked the 4th album they'll probably fade completely into obscurity by 2020. Sad shit man

I still haven't heard the whole thing. The copy on the OF website was corrupted and it stops right after CAUSE I WANT TO SEE A BITCH INFESTED WITH MY SEMEN

It's a shame too. If you could forget the opening, it's pretty powerful shit.

so did mine
so I went on a different site and downloaded it like a normal person who wanted to finish one of Tylers best tracks

whats more music like this

>strong 2

wow

my god

>this came out in 2010
never got the appeal of his music or his persona but even thinking about him brings me back

I remember reading that this was written during a time when the band was living in their speed dealer's basement. Are there any comparable metal bands at the same level of degeneracy?

This guy

not sure if this exactly fits the MO but I remember being young just listening to this over and over thinking that I had stumbled upon the best music I'd ever heard. yeesh.

It was a good era ;___;

Sup Forums used to love Tegan and Sara actually.
Sainthood was huge on here when it first came out.