Why did they tarnish their legacy with this piece of shit

Why did they tarnish their legacy with this piece of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/99979000@N05/sets/72157634976521667/
youtube.com/watch?v=i46sF1PcqL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought it was better than The Powers That B part 2, Jenny Death.

It was still a huge disappointment after Interview 2016. Those tracks were so good, and then BP is Linkin Park tier drivel.

They wanted to double down on their Sup Forumseddit audience and rake in the meme bucks, your precious Death Grips are shit

its a good album you contrarian piece of shit. they didn't tarnish their legacy, most people like it.

It's an enormous drop in quality after amazing albums like GP, NOTM, and Interview 2016

BP is generic garbage bordering on self parody

>amazing albums like GP, NOTM
you have patrician taste my man

BP is still pretty good; Hot Head, Spikes, BBITJ, and Two Bedrooms are really good, and GBPGI is amazing live

>Interview 2016
People give no fucks about that, man. You might as well consider No Hands something to be considered and judged along with their studio albums.

Sorry hipster fags but interview 2016 is just shitty repetitive beats that andy morin made in like 1 month

There is nothing patrician about his taste. Government Plates is the sloppiest, most inconsistent collection of songs they've yet released, and Niggas on the Moon, while quite innovative, is totally front-loaded. BP is easily their best album since NLDW.

I actually found the sense of humor and self awareness on BP refreshing

it's far an away MC ride at his most evolved, it's basically objectively true

that being said all that geeitar production they keep insisting on using is so amateurish it sounds like its all been done by a guy who's been playing guitar for less than a year

You lookin for a scrap mate

Government Plates is their best album tbqh but I can't really explain why right now

I feel the same way, but with Niggas On The Moon. I just like it the most, and I don't know why.

You posted the wrong image bud.

I respectfully disagree. GP was like their bubblegum album for me; I loved it at first, but it very quickly lost its flavor. Starts off strong, but the second half really meanders... And it doesn't help that Ride is only on a handful of the tracks or is treated as a repetitive vocal sample on others

Have a sad cum

Every day.

>NOTM is front loaded
>Big Dipper
>Fuck Me Out

Fuck Me Out's a mess

Yeah, Have a Sad Cum BB through Voila is trash. Big Dipper is solid though

I think it's their best work to date

It's their most consistently catchy, exciting pop foray since TMS

And that is my jam, no shame in my game

BP is a near masterpiece, only outshined by NOTM.

Fight me.

>this is your average DG fan now

Stop talking like a numale.

I feel sorry for DG desu. They seem like cool guys and they make cool music, but this is what their fanbase has become.

Accurate. These people championing GP as their unsung masterpiece are entirely delusional

Because they just do whatever they want to do

I don't see anything wrong with the band focusing more on strong songwriting and hooks while still maintaining their edge. Get over yourself dude

BP was self parody, but I didn't mind it.

They desperately need to do something new on their next record. I love Nick Reinhart but do not use him again, it's played out.

Or if you must use him, then tour with him and let him kick ass. Is he in the band or not

This guy doesn't like fun. No fun not ever

Their most fun tracks are Get Got, Bitch Please, and @Death Grips

No Spikes? No Pss Pss??

Don't forget True Vulture! Fuck I wish it was 2012 again........

Seems like your dick is contorted you little faggot. Fuck off

2012 was a great year desu

I was talking about the way you talk you cum gargling faggot.

>consistently catchy pop foray

You sound like some flannel shirt wearing pitchfork writer or something. Get out

I imagine you to be a remarkably insecure person

Not him, but I don't think there is anything wrong with using vocabulary to it's fullest extent. Sorry if you have to look up words like "foray".

It's better than TMS, Exmilitary, Jenny Death, and ten million times better than the piece of shit that was government plates.

THANK YOU
Someone had to say it

Kill yourself my boy

woah is that the beware music video?

Great rebuttal
>funny reddit dog meme XD ecks dee!!!
Fucking faggot

Anyone know what MC Ride is saying right before spikes spikes spikes spikes? I've looked up lyrics to spikes and none of them have it, they just go straight to the spikes part.

It's a chopped up verse from either Spikes or another song. It's nonsense really

There is literally NO FUCKING WAY that Bottomless Pit is better than Exmilitary or The Money Store.

Jenny Death, maybe. Even then not really.

TMS
Exm
BP
NLDW
JD
NotM
GP
FW / Interview

Thanks man, I've been scratching my head over that for a while

Bottomless Pit was defintely more a critique on themselves as a band and their shitty leddit audience, BB Poison and Hot Head being the two most obvious songs.

Wrong

NOTM
GP
TMS
NLDW
Exmilitary
Interview
JD
BP
FW

It was good ya dip

>Legacy
of what? some no-name experimental underground "rap" group that no one outside their cult of autistic manbabies cares about?

all their shit is trash, grow up

>GP>Exmilitary
No, man. Just no
Objectively false

>that no one outside their cult of autistic manbabies cares about
They've collaborated with Bjork, The Bug, and Les Claypool; shit, even Bowie was listening to them before he died

this post saved my life

>tfw they are more famous and have made more money than you ever will in your life

NLDW is their most consistent and cohesive album.

NOTM has their highest highs.

BP has their lowest lows.

>they've paid people to collab with them
not uncommon

you too m8

Wrong wrong wrong

Yep.
I don't remember which video it was, but they have one where they just flash a bunch of pictures during the whole song, and a few of them are pretty cool or show behind the scenes stuff.

what fucking legacy

death girps was always annoying garbage destined to be normie core

i've seen footage, some cool pics in there if you look through it

i think someone made a photo album of every photo, theres like a thousand in there

switch out NLDW and ExM and this is literally my list. Good taste

>I've Seen Footage
Yeah, that was it. I have a few, but not all.

flickr.com/photos/99979000@N05/sets/72157634976521667/

heres a photo album with all of them i think

>be Death Grips
>Make an album that's borderline parody of mainstream music
>People take it seriously and make fun of you

It's a good album, but obviously it's not meant to be held in front of their others. It's a completely different path. Most of you guys still don't like Government Plates, you are years behind Death Grips mentally

But I'm right though

Because it's not a piece of shit and they haven't tarnished their legacy maybe?

:)

But does he say NIGGUH NIGGUH NIGGUH NIGGUH after spikes?

I love Government Plates but Bottomless Pit is trash and you know it.

>muh post ironic meta commentary

Anyone can do that. There's nothing new or cool about that. Making a genuine, authentic work of art is a lot harder.

jesus christ i hope youre not serious

this is some tumblr level response

Yo I listened to it live and it's sound like he says "You cut that shit Spikes Spikes Spikes" or something.

Yeah, this sounds more like what he's actually saying. Works with what the song says too.

> Linkin Park tier drivel
exaggeration desu

NOTM
EXMIL
JD
NLDW
Interview
TMS
BP
GP
FW

No one in this thread is years behind them mentally. GP is just an abject failure. Sloppy production and songwriting, sounds half finished, minimal MC Ride. It just plain sucks

>minimal MC Ride.

I liked it though. It was cool how they used his vocal samples more sparingly like an instrument and brought the production to the front. It's a great album.

Their next album should have a very dark low pitched male choir in the background with chanting and heavy bass in the production and very primal, energetic drumming and they should experiment some more with playing with Ride's vocals like in Birds.

It's a fine record. All their raw, energetic, visceral records (ExM, JD, BP) are better than their straightforward ones (TMS, NLDW) which are 10000000000x better than their attempts to be "whacky and weird and ssssssoooo mysterious!" (GP, NOTM, Interview)

How about you go be gay back on r/music boyo

You guys are far worse than r/music.

r/music loves them their TMS and NLDW

You guys felate garbage like GP and Interview cuz muh memes

As a legitimate unironic listener of Death Grips and actually experimental attempts at breaks, ExM/JD/BP are the records worth listening to from Death Grips.

>experimental attempts at breaks

Death Grips have never used break beats you retard

That would be cool though if they made a jungle/dnb influenced album.

They should make a dubstep influenced album desu. Something like old school Skream mixed with MC Ride vocals.

No.

Eh and Spikes are s tier what are you talking about

They are a hip hop group, of course they have used breaks! What the fuck are you on about? Not all breaks is jungle/dnb or dubstep.

Show me a DG track with break beats cunt

Like the vast majority of their tracks? It'd be easier to name songs that don't use them, like say...the blast beats of the powers that b (the track from JD)

That's their second best album you fucking plebeian. Refrain from posting in the future, thanks.

please friend post a track that has breaks in it

Just give me one or two examples user

lmao get a load of this plebby mcpleb

GREED TASTES LIKE SHIT
GREED TASTES LIKE SIN

Pick any DG track, seriously.

To make this easier. Here's this old electro track with a faster break.

youtube.com/watch?v=i46sF1PcqL8

If you slow the drums down a lot, you get the *bass, snare, bassbass, snare* bit that you can hear in like...Up My Sleeves for example.

^my bad that track above has one additional bass hit when slowed down, but my point of breaks so obviously being in DG's music is made

oh it was a ruse
you had me man, that was good