Why don't you guys like country music? Are you averse to good music, or something?

Why don't you guys like country music? Are you averse to good music, or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0rrqBsG1yXs
youtube.com/watch?v=g33tVhHj5PY
youtube.com/watch?v=kI5VXlLcJUI
youtube.com/watch?v=UPNDK46QiRM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>muh truck
>muh wife
>muh cold beer

Just as bad as rap and I have a feeling you're one of those vocal faggots crying about how bad that is

I feel like anything good I could possibly like about country music would be in folk music.

wait

>Just as bad as rap
>crying about rap being bad makes you a faggot

you're gonna have to walk me through this one

anyway, great taste OP

youtube.com/watch?v=0rrqBsG1yXs

>truck
Truck driving country is its own subset. A very small one, might I add.

> wife
I guess I'll have to give you that one, but I'm not sure it's a country exclusive topic

>cold beer
Okay so you've never listened to a country album a day in your life, huh?

>Just as bad as rap and I have a feeling you're one of those vocal faggots crying about how bad that is
Not at all. I like rap.

One does not preclude the other

I got one for ya... Gilded Palace of Sin or Sweetheart of the Rodeo?

That's kinda like saying anything that's good in metal can be found in rock music.

If you feel that way, it's probably because you're averse to the things about metal that differentiate it from rock.

Anyway, I love rap and country. They're very aesthetically and culturally rich genres; they both have a lot going on. Country is a little past its prime, though. It's gotten a little stagnant. Redneck America needs to develop a new musical interest.

Oh shit Golden Palace of Sin is great

checking out Sweetheart of the Rodeo

the only problem i have with contemporary country music is how you have to go through so much of it just to find the good stuff. otherwise, i'm fine with Country.

This guy is being raped in the ass right now.

you obviously have never heard of gram parsons....

I love country though

i really hope youve heard Return of the Grievous Angel

Country is love-able in its simplicity- it tells a story (love, loss, good times), uses simple melodies and rhythms, and is catchy. There's nothing wrong with that.

>Country is a little past its prime, though. It's gotten a little stagnant.
Country in 2017 is surreal. The popular stuff does have good stuff, but it's few and far between. Not to mention what makes it good has more to do with pop than country. The underground scene, like it is with most genres, is where you get the good stuff but even there it's just a throwback. But they're good throwbacks, so there's that.

youtube.com/watch?v=g33tVhHj5PY
youtube.com/watch?v=kI5VXlLcJUI

Carries on the traditions of trad folk and blues in that sense

I heard a cool story about I heard about Gram Parsons. The Byrds said that they thought when they hired him, they had hired a keyboard player, but instead they got a steel guitar and George Jones in a fuckin rhinestone suit.

Anyway, I bet at least half these people hating on Gram Parsons are unaware that he's partially responsible for the sound of Exile on Main Street.

People like country music when it's packaged like rock music. Everyone's favorite Stones album is either Exile or Let it Bleed, which has a fucking fiddle on it, haha.

>People like country music when it's packaged like rock music.
More than you know. People's "exceptions" are always usually Johnny Cash or Gram Parsons, which have major rock and R&B influences. Nitty, gritty country from the ground up like The Louvin Brothers or Loretta Lynn tends to alienate peeps.

I especially like that second link. It's a throwback without being kitschy. Plus it sounds more like Conway Twitty than Waylon Jennings, which is cool and different. The first one's fine, too.

I overstated my case earlier. I agree that there is some good top 40 country out there. Thomas Rhett springs to mind. He's always doing different shit; I remember when this one came out, everyone enjoyed how it sounded kinda like yacht rock or disco.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPNDK46QiRM

Well there's Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves and Ashley Monroe too.

Anyway, Cactus Blossoms are pretty blatant Louvin Brothers worship.

also everyone listen to Townes Van Zandt

Favourite country records; have at it

Kacey is great, class act.

My personal favorite country music artists are John Prine and Hank Williams. Oh, and Stringbean.

all of Townes Van Zandt
all of Gram Parsons
Kristofferson
most of Johnny Cash
Nashville Skyline
The Red Headed Stranger
Willie and Family Live

the list goes on but im too drunk to remember all these album names

number one for me is The Return Of The Grievous Angel

I love country, it's just that most stuff that is called country isn't actually country at all, the Bakersfield sound killed country music as a serious genre

16 Horsepower is truer to actual country than fucking Garth Brooks or Alan Jackson or Carrie Underwood or whatever the fuck is popular now

I don't like any of the folks you just listed, Sixteen Horsepower included

Have a cookie

No, thanks. I don't like cookies.