>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8eDc0iE0A8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1EsIhFSoM
sweetwater.com/store/detail/VO4099G
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Lexie

>gibshit

High quality electric guitar manufacturers that are not gibson, fender, or manufacturers of meme guitars?

Waiting for digital drums user to show up ;-;

Someone needs to fix the OP links. Like consolidate the similar ones into a pastebin or something.
And add something more useful and relevant like some links on how to set up a Floyd Rose or do guitar set ups at home.

Ibanez desu

Hagström

Overpriced as all hell.
They may very well be good, quality guitars. But not for that price.

I should clarify ESP japan
The bullshit they offer in america is too tailored for the tasteless metal crowd.

Not an argument. All guitars are overpriced seeing as they are just shiny pieces of wood.

Most of the guitars in the world are made in the same 5-10 factories, in Korea,China,Japan,Indonesia, Mexico. Most of their guitars are great if you spend over $1000 from any brand. Reverend,Peerless, D'angelico are some good Korean made guitars. Like always you get what you pay for...

Eastman is good if you like semi-hollows and archtops. I think they're kind of in their own league, the finishes on their guitars are better than Gibson imo.

I mean, they're quality construction. Mostly solid neck through stuff that looks really good. Lots of ugly meme guitars, but generally good.

Compare that to Fender which just screws some planks together as cheaply as possible essentially and slaps their logo on it so people will pay 1000+ or whatever they ask for them. And people will pay for that shit because >muh Fender

There was a video on youtube where a guy played a $1500+ american strat next to a $150 squier strat and it sounded almost exactly the same lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=f8eDc0iE0A8
The tone comes from the player's hands. That's all.

>I'm sorry user, but the tonewoods are locked away safe in my tone vault next to my office. If you want to access the tone library you'll have to purchase a PRS Private Reserve guitar. I'm afraid that your, heh, alder.... body guitar isn't quite what we're looking for.

G&L

Note: not G&L Tribute series far eastern plywood horseshit

>far eastern plywood horseshit
Its still just wood with bits of wire stretched across it. Why does it matter to you where it's assembled. Your shitty licks will be shitty no matter what you're playing.

also Fret King

also not the far eastern plywood shit ones

Have you played one of those Tribute guitars? The fingerboard isn't rolled over worth shit, it just goes NEDCK -RIGHT ANGLE - FINGERBOARD. And the fret finishing feels like it was done by a brain-damaged toddler, fret ends sticking out all up the neck. They feel horrible to play, the proper US built ones are a thousand times better made.

>just wood with bits of wire stretched across it

by that logic, a Squier Bullet is identical to a Martin acoustic or a pedal steel or a mandolin or a banjo or a fucking harp

Is Jeff Loomis an Albino?

Fuck off poor faggot. Shit guitars sound like shit and play like shit.

Whatever he is, he's a fucking fretboard god
youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1EsIhFSoM

>shreds
>EMGtv

>close preview without listening

What is the ideal beginner guitar?

>he doesn't know about Jeff Loomis

Missing out, desu

Music Man

PRS private stock

ok now it's for real

post a prettier guitar

glasgow tip: you kent

But only if it's in the rare Chinese oak with curly quilted tiger striped birch fretboard and unicorn dust encrusted maple top.

>the year is 20XX
>Emperor Paul Reed Smith rules from his throne of light-weight but suprisingly resonant mahogany
>having bought off the lawyers with his selection of tacky stained figured maple guitars, he owns the courts and stands unopposed
>he hoards all the tonewoods in a secure vault deep in his palace
>you, a freedom fighter and rebel, have broken into the palace to claim this wood for the tone-starved masses
>you sneak past the guards and cut power to the alarms, cautiously opening the door to the vault
>the cool, dry air feels nice on your skin, as you survey the stacks of toanwood inside
>you take a tentative step into the room-
>*RING*
>No, that's impossible! You turned off the alarms! But looking down, you see the vault's true security system
>The floor of the vault is one giant piece of mahogany, tuned to ring out at a perfect 440Hz!
>You hear the tone echo through the palace, and the footsteps of guards rushing towards you
>You have failed. Perhaps your remains will be used to fertilise the Imperial Tonewood Groves,

I already posted my Pimpcaster so here's my Tele

that gold would actually look great if it was a black finish

I'd never buy a guitar with gold hardware, as soon as that shit starts to wear off it looks cheap and nasty

And the whole time he's watching the security footage and acting like a cocky asshole telling jokes that aren't funny and are more insulting than anything.

grestch

?

and a couple of blue Strats for good measure

>8 screw single ply pickguard
>Eric Clapton's scrawl on the headstock

NO SALE

THE best shit right here

I prefer the single ply. Double and triple ply looks cheap.

Also, what's the best amount of screws?

is it worth installing a pickup in an acoustic i already own or should i just buy a new acoustic with a pickup already installed

also what are hte best pickups for an acoustic

If it's a cheap shitty acoustic then you'd be wasting your money upgrading it. Better to buy a better acoustic that has a pickup installed.

Fishman and EMG do some pretty good pickups, pricey though.

its a seagull s6, my gigging acoustic. little rough around the edges but still sounds good

Yeah, that's not a junk guitar. Trouble is there's three kinds of acoustic pickup, the undersaddle ones take a lot of work to install and the magnetic type don't always give you a good acoustic sound. The ones that are based on a microphone that sits over the soundhole work really well but they can be extremely expensive.

sweetwater.com/store/detail/VO4099G

More helpfully, the Audio Technica AT831b gets good reviews.

that looks like something Guy Fieri would use if he were a guitarist

ill check em out

why do i see people with their soundholes blocked off?

Stops a lot of feedback. You really want to get a soundhole block if you're playing acoustic on stage.

And never mic the soundhole, it'll boom like crazy. Best mic place for acoustic is usually right over where the neck joins the body.

What is your dream guitar? Pic related

Is that a good thing?

Any bass players here? What's a good DVD for learning bass?

that looks like something Kirk Hammett would use if he were a guitarist

That's up to you

blues jr

yea ive heard 12th fret with mic angled a bit toward the soundhole

thx for the tips m8

Another thing about undersaddle pickups, search youtube for a video on installing them. You've got to sand down the existing saddle by the thickness of the pickup and drill through the wood to take the pickup cable into the body. Not a job you'd want to do yourself probably.

mustang/DS2 shape is so cute

Picked up a matsumoko country gentleman copy today is gooood

When I position my fretting hand correctly, like image, it really hurts my wrist and thumb. Is it because I'm just not used to it?

yes

yes take this guys advice and continue to force your hand into painful positions so you can develop tendinitis, carpal tunnel and a whole myriad of repetitive stress injuries

> CurrentYear
> not playing whichever set of rotosounds you like on your bass

What guitar is this?

Why haven't you got a duo sonic yet?

Never tried GHS on guitar but I love them on my bass.
pic related

I've had my bass for 9 years now and have ever put any set of strings on it that weren't Rotosound Swing 66s.

>really hurts my wrist and thumb
gotta be more specific than that im afraid

I guess like where my thumb meets my wrist at the back of my hand

i generally dont like gutiars without individual tone/volume controls. i tolerate it on the telecaster because its the only guitar that can twang but otherwise i like to be able to have different rhhythm and lead pickup settings

still need more information

>he uses tone knobs

Cause strats are better

Like when I get to the low E string my thumb is so extended to stay under the neck to keep my fingers clawed over the frets that it hurts

> not disconnecting the tone knobs entirely

nigga please

yea, sometimes i roll off the tone knobs a bit when i'm boosting the signal so it doesnt get too sharp

i still dont understand what you mean, try learning how to use your words in the future.

in general fatigue is normal. sharp or serious pain means something is wrong. try stretching and warming up, dont strain yourself. rome wasnt built in a day, you might just need to improve your flexibility

The fuck is wrong with you, I have a G&L asat special Tribute and it blows my Gibson away completely in terms of reliablity and it just generally sounds better than most Fender teles I have tried. Dont listen to this guy, buy a G&L tribute.

Do metal pickup rings effect the magenets in the pickups the same way metal pickup covers do?

It's weird how many people manage to buy $200 guitars that are better than anything Fender or Gibson have ever made. You must be a really lucky guy, when I pick up cheap guitars they feel like shit. I guess Gibson have a lot to learn from Cort.

who fucking cares? I mean, who honestly gives a shit about his? what are you going to do, change pickup rings to get a different tone?

>He doesn't

No, Im trying to change pick up rings because I don't like my current ones. Are you a retard?

>who cares if metal pick up covers effect your pickups man it's not like you got the guitar yo make music it something

This is how fucking stupid you sound. Why the hell wouldn't someone worry about if putting something that is fucking magnetic right next to their pickups will effect the pickups? You understand how pickups convert the vibrations of the magnetic metals in your strings to a signally that your amp makes it's sound from right?

Go ahead, put pickup rings made out of nickle on your guitar. Even better don't ground them. I'll wait.

Perhaps you're not familiar with Faraday's law of induction.

The induced electromotive force in any closed circuit is equal to the negative of the time rate of change of the magnetic flux enclosed by the circuit.

CHANGE OF magnetic flux. That means the magnetic body has to be moving in a magnetic field to inducve a current in the conductor. No movement = no affect on the voltage.

>I can hear the difference when I put metal pickup rings on a guitar

No. You can't.

>tfw want to be folk singer but cant sing for shit and dont know any interesting chords

uni isnt really working out idk what the fuck im gonna do

>too smart for trades
>too lazy for uni
>too weak for labour

>Even better don't ground them
wouldn't they be connected to the pickup's baseplate through the pickup screws? assuming humbuckers or tele w/ metal baseplate

buy a capo

i have a shubb deluxe and two keyser capos

>fucking magnets how do they won't

Depends like you said. On humbuckers it would be there but not a very good connection. On teles people have grounded their pickup rings to avoid this issue.

Pickup covers are soldered to the base plate of the pickup on humbuckers yet you can still hear the change.

Who said anything about inducting a current. It changes the field changing the way the field interacts with the strings. It's why there is a change in tone from pickup covers despite the pick up cover not moving. No one is talking about the rings generating sound themselves besides you.

Luckily for us we have brass pick up rings that can be plated with other materials like nickle and chrome so we don't have to deal with this shit.

>I can hear the difference when I put metal pickup rings on a guitar

No. You can't.