There's no debate anymore, God hates my team more than any other

There's no debate anymore, God hates my team more than any other.

There's legitimately no point to being a Vikings fan anymore, we aren't ever going to win anything because the second we have anything good it will somehow go to shit.

There is no debating this Sup Forums because I'm right.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0c17edmKEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>caring about teddy memewater
he was unironically shit m8

Your mascot is a cis white male. Serves you right.

So is New England yet they win championship after championship.

I mean for fuck sakes the Cubs are likely going to win the world series either this year or next. THE FUCKING CUBS. The Vikings are one of the winningest teams of all time in the NFL, have one of the highest playoff percentages of all time in the NFL and still can't even get to a Super Bowl let alone win one.

Vikes have a good defense and a good running game.
Hill just needs to be a game manager, and you win 10 games.

>the Cusb
yeah that's what they were saying last year too. your shitty expansion team didn't even exist when they won their last championship.

>new stadium
>team is part of historical fabric of the NFL
>One of the best RB's of all-time
>Zimmer is a good coach

You're going to be ok, Vikings fans. At the very least, you're going to get a decent draft pick out of all this. At the best, you sneak into the playoffs with a little luck and Shaun Hill playing conservatively.

The point is that the Vikings will easily have the most tortured fanbase when the Cubs finally do win.

This team actually makes me question why I'm a fan. Sports are supposed to be fun and shit but I despise being a Vikings fan

Wtf are you crying about Faggot. You lost a qb who hands the ball to ap and averages 14 td and 10 int. A back up qb can fill those stats in.

the season hasn't even started yet. this might be a blessing in disguise. and no way are you faggots more tortured than the browns, at least your people try to make the team better.

>Expansion team

Even fucking Cleveland has won a championship

>no chips in 25 years
>a team in what is supposedly "your" sport leaves town and wins a title
>the WNBA is unironically a big deal there

>Browns
>Tortured
If I was a Browns fan, I wouldn't care about the team because they suck so much. Apathy is easy when your team sucks, same goes for Lions fans. It's hard when your team is good and then somehow gets fucked right before they win something.

I'd rather not be hyped at all for the upcoming season than be hyped and then lose everything.

what did you think you were going to win? your shit team couldn't even score a touchdown in a playoff game.

lol breh if you think the Cubs are going to win anything I sincerely hope you also stock up on supplies because that truly means the end times are upon us as was foretold when Old Man Wrigley ritualistically slaughtered that goat that one time

>implying you know what suffering is

Dedwater wasn't even good.

>saying this when >we're in the same division as the lions
sure it sucks but that's life dude. at least there are low expectations for >our team now and we can just enjoy a comfy NFL season without stressing over every game

have not even been to the playoffs since 1999. theres always next year

Vikings are in the special category of privileged chokers, this is fact

See Also: Falcons, Atlanta, Bengals, Cincinnati, Jets, New York and also a few others that I'm surely forgetting.

eternal bridesmaids, never the brides, begging the question of their fans: would you rather root for a sad sack of shit team like the Browns or Lions or would you rather get a taste of championship games only to choke it away

What happened?

Is there at least concrete plans for a new stadium? We're at least glad the Bills didn't get sold to the Bon Jovi group

The Vikings have been to like 3 or 4 super bowls you fucking retard. Still no wins.

Lifelong Vikings fan here.

I remember '98, and '09, and Blair's shanked kick from last year.

Part of me wants to quit and pick a better team, but I also know that with my luck, as soon as I do, the Vikings are gonna win big. And I have no emotional attachment to other teams like the Vikes.

Its like an abusive relationship.

>implying you have a choice of team to root for
you only have a choice if you're out of country

there are no concrete plans theres always just talk. ralph just got renamed to new era stadium. at least new era is a buffalo company

Maybe after GOATWOPpolo leads the Patriots to a 4-0 start, the Vikings could fork over a 1st round pick for him.

This is basically what Teddy was. Don't fuck up, give the ball to AP, let the defense do its' thing.

The Vikings have a top 5 D, I'll go to my death defending that. Barr, Smith, etc...

We still have a probowl kicker r-r-right guys?

You weren't going to win shit with that guy this year anyway the Packers are a much better offense with Jordy back in the equation and a semi-proven tight end finally to pair with Rodgers. Shaun Hill is probably also the most capable backup in the league so I bet you probably will lose only 2-3 more times this year without Bridgewater, turning a potentially 11-5 team into a 9-7 team, what a travesty

>Jest
We'll win again s-some day, r-r-right guys? Guys?

Exactly, fucking sucked.

The Packers are an 8-8 team

t. Falcons fan

The Vikings are still a good team, have a top 3 defense, a solid offensive line, and a RB capable of winning another rushing title. They are well set up for a backup to take over. They are still very capable of making it to the playoffs, though I don't think they'd get far if they made it there.

>ottomans
>winning
You clearly do not know much about baseball to ever consider this happening

The ownership is a problem, just like the Knicks. Just switch over to the Giants already.

Well done assembling your team, Vikings.

HOWEVER

I've been a vikes fan for life. There is no going back. At least we can go into this season knowing its going to be a rough one, not like 99 or 09 where the rug was swept underneath us.

Maybe we go 10-6 and win a game in the wildcard round? Probably not, who knows

at least you're not from st louis. plus they just lost the rams.

>is too retarded to post the pic
Sup Forums is rivaling Sup Forums as the shittiest board

I think its time to turn that shit in to a square

>He can't stop thinking about the Sup Forums boogeyman

Seek therapy reddit faggot.

I honestly feel the Vikings have improved their odds with no Memewater to hold the ball too long and take a sack.

>team is part of the historical fabric of the NFL

Vikingfags are without a doubt the most delusional fanbase in the NFL.

they are the most forgettable team in football

>Titans

>teddy exploding knees memewater
>shaun over the hill
>joel .. you dont even have a name tag, why dont you just fall down.

titans at least lost a memorable owl
whoqueens just lose

>has only been watching football since 2013

Not really. The Vikings win one Super Bowl and they instantly go from borderline top 10 NFL Franchise all-time to argument for top 5 based on stats.

I have no data to back this up but the Vikings have to be a top 5 team in winning percentage in the Super Bowl era, they possibly could be as high as 2nd (behind Dallas).

I almost felt bad for you an other Queen fans for about 5 seconds today OP when I first heard the news over the local sports radio. Then I laughed and said fuck 'em. Go Pack.

They are 8th in winning percentage and 16th in overall wins.

The problem is their backup is old man Shaun Hill. There is a reason why you've always heard the Vikings being interested when names like Foles and Sanchez would be floating around. It's not like 98 when Brad Johnson went out and Cunningham was able to take over seamlessly. I'm really curious to see who they'll pick up in the next few days.

Why yes whoqueens fans have only been watching football that long, probably even shorter

I know that's their rank all time but exclude everything before the 1966-1967 season.

Certain teams are propped high in the all-time win percentage because of pre-1960 football. Cleveland would be near the bottom if that wasn't the case, yet they are above .500 by a few seasons.

Maybe you guys can trade for Kaepernick, although he's just another QB who can't stand.

If the Bills win 4 owls in a row they're the GOAT, so what?

What-ifs are meaningless because they didn't happen.

They are 7th since the NFL AFL merger, highest in the NFC North

>Worst 10 years in team's history
>Getting bandwagon fans
Not happening, they haven't won enough recently to get any bandwagons. 2009 hype has far from worn off.

Bills still aren't the GOAT if they win 4 straight. They have shitty numbers over time. It's an impressive achievement but they are still overshadowed by Steelers and Patriots in the AFC.

Future hypotheticals aren't useless at all, because it can happen. I wasn't using a past hypothetical because the Vikings needed their 4 super bowl loss seasons to get where they are.

If the Bills beat the Giants in SB XXV, Belichick never makes a name for himself and never becomes a head coach and the patriots are mired in mediocrity forever.

How's that for a hypothetical?

Just looked it up, thought they would be higher. Of course, Baltimore is probably a little higher than they should from small(er) sample size. They haven't had a bad stretch yet.

I did some math and "projected" records I had seen would have had Minnesota pass San Francisco this year. They would have been top 5 (assuming Baltimore wins 5-6 games)

I have no idea how underage or foreign you have to be to believe this.

I'm not even a Vikes fan but 4 Bowl appearances and numerous well noted moments of heartbreak make that fucking franchise anything but forgettable.

MN-bros and Bills-bros have it worse than anyone just based on losing SBs, and the number of awful playoff disappointments the Vikes have had in the last 20 years? Fuck.

No franchise deserves anything, but that's some fucking bad luck, and only a GB homer or absolute idiot would think the Vikes are a forgettable franchise.

Are you fucking stupid or a fucking illiterate? I said past hypotheticals are useless because I was unwilling to change past history. Past history is what I was basing majority of my statements on.

I said that if the Vikings won one Super Bowl (meaning in the upcoming year), they vault from around the 10th best all time franchise to an argument for the top 5 (likely 6th or 7th).

The stats are way better than expected. 4th most winning seasons, 3rd most divisional tittles, 3rd most playoff appearances. They are one of the greatest regular season franchises

Might actually be worth getting McCown for a fourth. Bridgewaters injury sounds fucked and he might need two years to recover (if at all), and McCown can at least get them through the next couple seasons if they beat the tendency to be too brave and get fucked up out of him. I guess Fitz and Bradford will be free agents next offseason also.

>your shitty expansion team didn't even exist when they won their last championship.
m8 the NFL didn't exist the last time the Cubs won a championship

That's why I thought they would be higher in win percentage. They were great in the 1970's but the Vikings have been historically always pretty good.

That's why I feel sympathy for OP, probability suggests that the Vikings should have won at least one Super Bowl by now for how many times they have made the playoffs.

>mfw age catches up to Peterson and the Vikings win 5 games this season

>I guess Fitz and Bradford will be free agents next offseason also.
I'm guessing they would rather take a shot at Bridgewater returning. However, Drew Brees is a FA next year. I think he's done in NOLA and he would be an interesting fit as a one year stopgap if Bridgewater can't make it back in time for the season.

>vikings are losers, that's why they're memorable
lol

The Bills need to move to Toronto, and I have no idea why this hasn't happened yet. It will eventually, but when? Hurry the fuck up NFL

>a fucking leaf on the flag
>they put milk in a bag

Is there a whinier fan base than these cucks?

>Leroy Butler - All Pro safety - career ending neck injury
>Sterling Sharpe - All Pro WR - career ending neck injury
>Nick Collins - All Pro Safety - career ending neck injury
>Jermichael Finley - Dominant TE - career ending neck injury
>Terrance Murphy - promising young rookie WR - career ending neck injury

Literally half a dozen other depth/role players from the 90's to today suffered career ending neck injuries for the Packers.

>Teddy Bridgewater - 31st ranked QB - season ending injury

>REEEEEEEEEE WE'RE CURSED GUYS!!!!

>>team is part of historical fabric of the NFL

>win that much
>only 19 playoff wins in 55 years

Yeah man... At least with the Browns there was never any false hope.

I expect the Vikings to lose in the most excruciating way possible now.

When we're being built up, something goes wrong and it all falls apart (Bridgewater's knee, Favre's ankle in NFCCG)

Daunte Culpepper.. Warren Moon

culpepper era was fucking awesome

Never forget, plaxico shoots his foot :(

Micro peen packer fan pls

The Vikings had one winning season during the Culpepper """era""". They went 38-42 with him as a starter. That era sucked.

>sneak into the playoffs
>only to get bounced by blair walsh AGAIN
>mfw

I can attest to this.

Not because my NFL team is shit (colts, have seen them win a championship in my lifetime), but my college team is one of the worst of the post-WW2 era, hasn't won a natty in over 60 years, and in general goes 4-8 or worse almost every season.

And yet it's really not that bad because I'm never hyped or get my hopes up.

>complain about the only player to put up points that whole game

I wouldn't say that Browns fans are apathetic. There are no expectations whatsoever and losing doesn't quite hurt as much as frustrate.

>tolerating choking

>mfw the Vikings thought they had a chance this season

Not really. Hell, they're probably the least relevant team in their division. They're not successful or memorable like the Packers and Bears, and they're not laughably awful like the Lions. They sure as hell don't compare with teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys, and 49ers in terms of history either.

Wake me when your team has gone 0-16 and wins only one playoff game in 50 years. Until then, stop crying.

>part of historical fabric of the NFL

So are the Buffalo Bills

I would also add Raiders, Redskins, and Giants. The Vikings basically qualify for the back end of the success list because of regular season success and appearance in 4 Owls.

Where does my team factor in on this?

I've always assumed we're the most forgettable semi-successful team, especially after Peyton went to the Broncos and won an Owl. This sound accurate?

We're more memorable than the other teams in our division but that's not saying much. Our division is two expansion teams and two relocated teams, only one of which has any history.

Basically I assume we're less memorable than most Owl-winning teams but still more memorable than say the the bengals or something

>Look at the front page of the Red Tribune today
> See this

I don't know if I should laugh or cry

I'm laughing.

Fucken saved

don't worry boys

I'm here to save the day

Long time Vikings fan. God hates us so much. Fuck this cursed team. I am now a Jets fan.

youtube.com/watch?v=b0c17edmKEU