*snare x4*

Heard

Slowdive - Soulvaki
Fleeting Joys - Despondent Transponder
Ride - Nowhere
LSD and the Search for God - s/t
More MBV
Monster Movie -

Monster Movie - Last Night Something Happened (but more of a dream pop album, still good)

F to a G, A# to a C

A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Planning Weed Like It's Acid

What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.

Good bait friendo. Noone can not love Billindas heavanly vocals perfectly laid on top of that awesome guitar.

>Good bait

Is this bait ?

How many times? I've gone through it about three times and still don't get the appeal
Please tell me it's not the lyrics because I never pay attention to them.

Is this album supposed to sound like shit? Every encode I've tried sounds like someone covered a microphone with a wool sock and used it to record from a boombox

It's supposed to sound like how it sounds, yes. How your ears perceive its intended sonics isn't subjective, but the production is absolutely deliberate.

not OP but it took me like 6 or 7 times before When You Sleep clicked, then the rest of the album clicked

You mean you listened to like 60 songs before to like it

you asswipes keep making the same post and you never respond to my comments
here, I m copying and pasting my comment from the last loveless bait post

Stop baiting!
It is one of the best albums and shoegaze albums of all time.
However, there also other god tier shoegaze albums
- A place to bury strangers- st
- Swirlies -Blonder Tongue Audio Baton
- swirlies - Swirlies They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days in the Glittering World of the Salons
- Ride- Nowhere
- Slowdive - souvlaki
- My bloody valentine- isn't anything
- difference engine- breadmaker
- Yo la tengo - painful
- sweet trip- velocity:design:comfort
- autolux- future perfect
- bowery electric- beat
- my bloody valentine - you made me realise GOAT EP
- haveanicelife- Deathconsciousness
- flying saucer attack -s/t
- the boo radleys- Everything's Alright Forever

I truly do not get Sup Forums. You guys instantly love shit like Spiderland and Trout Mask Replica, but somehow it takes multiple listens to "get" the appeal of the sound of a soft angelic voice over a huge crunchy guitar like a jet engine revving up and the whole thing buzzes in your ears like ear vibrators.

It is not a complicated album.

OP here, I probably listened to it 8-9 times, I always kinda liked only shallow and when you sleep though. Once you're familiar with it, it's just great

Neither is Spiderland, dude.

why does everybody act like this album is hard to get? i hear it when i was like 15 and liked it

I think it's because of how fuzzy and unclear it is on the first few listens. It takes longer to really "hear" what's going on

I heard it when I was 7 and i loved it from the first snare hit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l9-NOIalUYU
I've been listening to this whole album on repeat for years. I literally hear this song non-stop. You all should give it a chance