How do we fix football?

how do we fix football?

>muh money is bad

Set a spending limit

>caring about how wealthy people spend their money

>you can't see your team in their stadium for less than 40£ per match
>PL buy overrated players for incredible price, killing their youth formation
>UEFA want to seduce the asiatic audience, so they will make big teams full of stars sure to access CL (they even want to create a closed euro chip)

fantastic

send football clubs to the stock market for trading

oh wait, they already did

>you can't see your team in their stadium for less than 40£ per match
Support your local team then you cunts. You know, the lower/non-league ones you drive past every week to get to "home" games. Where you sing about how you support your local team whenever a club with 'bandwagoner' fans comes to town.

Football is actually wanting to copy the american system (closed CL, sensationalism...) without the good aspect (draft, salary cap)
It will be interessing to see how the game will change between 10 or 20 years

>how do we fix football?
Form fan unions that refuse to pay over the odds for tickets/live broadcasts/merchandise.

Reminder that unions are the only thing that are truly accountable to the people because they literally are the people. Any other institution will just be taken over by big money.

>>you can't see your team in their stadium for less than 40£ per match
Not true, I pay less than 20€ to see my local team and even for bigger team like dortmund or bayern it's never more than 30.

That's what I'm doing

I was talking about PL and clubs with money, I don't have this problem.
Germany is a great model when it come to supporters, France (particulary PSG) begins to reject "ultra" and lower class supporter from the stadium.

We don't.

Look at other leagues where the top team hoardes everything, from top players to TV revenue while other teams are rotting away in debt.

The EPL is as healthy as it gets, it is also sustainable as fuck, basically >we spend that much as a while simply because we can.

whole*

nuke england

Problem with that is clubs in big cities like London or Manchester will just replace seats with tourists/bankers. See Arsenal for example. A majority of their actual fans, the ones who used to live in North London and followed them from generations, are getting priced out by media/bank wankers living in London who can afford it with travel expenses which ends up killing the atmopshere entirely.

That being said some of the smaller clubs which rely on the locals to fill their stadiums could get away with it.

Wasting money in meme players is bad.

we all know the only correct answer is

M U L T I B A L L

it is when you pump it into an extremely risky market.

has a legit salary/transfer cap ever been put into place for a relevant league? Also have the wages inflated the same as transfer fees?

stop attending games and watching on the TV so that ticket prices and television deals plummet so teams don't have so much money to spend.

that or introduce a salary cap

yeah m8 theres one in the MLS

This will happen either way because football is getting more boring every year and the costs of watching it are rising.
Inevitably:
>people stop watching (or watch >for free)
>new tv deal for about a third of what it is now
>all the clubs anticipate 3x as much money as they're getting
>clubs will die

It's the new internet and the new housing market

you can't adequately cap something with a league in every country in the world.

This 2bh
European football (especially in England) is one big bubble that will burst eventually. And then all clubs will be left with average players on insane salaries that they can't afford anymore.

In the US banks that make shitty investments are rewarded with bailouts and the people seem to love it

So you expect over half of the people who currently watch football on TV to stop doing that over the course of the next 2-3 years?

lmao

you just had one of the greatest cinderella runs ever with Leicester in the PL, Madrid have won one (1) league title in almost a decade with an all-time great, and neither PSG or City have even sniffed a CL title

what "issues" does a salary cap "fix"?

it has not done anything to stimulate competition in the NHL, it's still largely the same contenders and pretenders year after year

it doesn't need fixing it's bigger, more popular and more entertaining than ever

Salary cap would be awesome, but I just don't see how you could implement it with the numerous leagues across the world.

It'll just turn into rich arab and chinese tourists going every week kek

England is going to bust. This is like a bubble, right? It's going to bust eventually.

No. it's nothing like a bubble because there is no artificially inflated demand that's going to suddenly drop. It's just a booming business.

Yes, it's arguably gonna burst because there's no return to the massive investment, they're giving more tv rights money than they get back from viewers and the transfer fees let alone contracts are gonna make EPL look like San Francisco.

>Support your local team then you cunts

Imagine being such a naive retard that you think all clubs use their money wisely

Many leagues around the world are run like shit, and even when they do have the money to improve, little of it is used properly, and in some cases, a large amount of their profits mysteriously disappears.

Did you even think that maybe, some leagues are run by corrupt folks? Of course it didn't.

What a load of shit. Sky has been posting record profits and revenues over the past year or two

*Of course you didn't

they all make huge profits every year, they're getting £100m a year alone in TV money, thats pounds sterling not that shitty monopoly money you have on the continent

>wealthy people spending more money on their hobbies
>"just get me the colored boy with the yellow hair"

What exactly needs fixing?

who cares, epl is pretty much a circus during trans, it's not like they really succeed at something with their new players.

this is good though, englul overpaying other european clubs for mediocre players is just dat epl money cascading down

>yfw a season ticket for dinamo zagreb is around 70euros (including CL)

West Bromwich Albion earns more than what Manchester united earned in revenue 18 years ago it shouldn't be particularly hard for you to understand why transfer fees are getting larger

We don't

most english teams have succeeded at something with new players

nah, its only going to get bigger even. there are still massive markets that arent fully penetrated yet, like china, US and india.

I meant outside PL, manchester united didn't bought zlatan and pogba to achieve FA cup lad

Cheapest Bayern Tickets are 15 Bucks

multi-ball

lots of english teams have succeeded at something with new players outside the PL

Are you talking salary cap or transfer cap?

lmao fuck off familia

English clubs have more european cups than any other league except lol liga and more winners than any other league, is that not considered success in cokeland?

in recent CL history England is irrelevant, and the way PL teams spend their money is source of the problem

As opposed to the German league or the Italian league or the French league or the Dutch league or the Russian league or the Portuguese league that have won so much with their frugality

you're misunderstanding me, I'm not saying EPL is shit or something, or that they shouldn't by expensive players, i'm just sayin' thah this usual trans hype and only that, hype, it's been a while since any english team won something with their new expensive player leading the way.

>recent

What arbitrary time limit on success would you like to impose this time lad?

at least some of these leagues have competitive teams on a european level

Transfer cap
Salary cap
Minimum of six national homegrown players in squad
Minimum of three homegrown club players in squad

since EPL started to buy expensive meme players

Duh...

spain is the only club that's been recently successful in the CL, so by your rationale every team in the entire world is shit except real mad and barca

and when was that exactly?

Yet they win fuck all the only reason they're there is because they're filling the void not because they're good or their policies are good

man city were in the CL semi final last season and Liverpoo in the EL final, that's better than every league except la liga

so 1995?

>every team in the entire world is shit except real mad and barca

No, but behind them there's no Arsenal or Chelsea, or anything, you guys can't even compite.

>Transfer cap
Why are people even suggesting it? This is the dumbest idea in history

>transfers capped at, let's say, 30m
>Spurs have Bale
>United, Real, Bayern, Barcelona want Bale
>all offer 30m because it's nothing for a player like Bale
>Bale chooses Real because they offer the best wages (way more than than they would otherwise since they're saving 70m on the transfer fee thanks to the cap)
>Bale still leaves for Real but Spurs are 70m
The only thing it would achieve is make the smaller teams poorer since they wouldn't be able to ask for large transfer fees

After Bosman arrest I would say.

Spanish and German teams (unless Real Madrid) have excellent policies

Of course they can go far with individualities But with a good management PL would be a lot more competitive

Bayern has fuck all to show for it since they got rid of Heynckes

I mean.. Stamford bridge is my closest football stadium, your counter argument is riddle with stupid shit.

you probably should've read his post further

anyway, with all that money, why are english teams so unimpressive in the CL? like they won it only 4 times in the last 20 years and 3 of those were on penulties the other on a lucky last minute comeback.

Pep team was goat last season
But I agree that firing Heynckes as a mistake

Barca have Messi and Real have spent more than anyone else it's not hard to figure out

Take money, put it into community. Football can serve as taxes, except people want to pay it. Also, reduce ticket prices.

was a mistake*

Stop subscribing to Sky fucking Sports

but City, Chelsea and United have spent more than Real in the last 5 years.

This.

Real is the exception

Real have spent the most on transfer fees in the past 20 years, they have the highest wage bill pre tax and Spain taxes footballers less than every other country in Europe. A country like France could never hope to compete with Spain for wages they have a massive advantage

We should use a trade system like the American sports leagues do

This smells like communist talk.

Not communism, just really heavily taxed football clubs. Each club will still strive to increase its revenue to get any little advantage.

I remember the Monaco owner who was ready to spend a lot on the team. Then the French league imposed a French tax on AS Monaco. So PSG went on to win the league every year. Portugal has overtaken France in the UEFA league ranking.

Walcott--Ozil--Sanchez
-----------Perez

How scared is your 5 a side team?

neat

>Problem with that is clubs in big cities like London or Manchester will just replace seats with tourists/bankers
>problem with that
lad, that's the solution.
let english football die altogether, lose it's soul entirely.
only then it'll be able to die and born again.
if that way of doing things becomes viable you'll have 1-2 titan clubs that'll empty the sport, and thus, the sport dies.

let it perish so they learn. let true fans abandon football, it's already not for them.

Foreigners never place the Pound sign correctly