>Time is a jet plane, it moves too fast
GIVE THIS MAN A NOBEL PRIZE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mnBSqiOHZzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow

where can i find a qt who likes bob dylan?

I haven't met a woman young enough to be considered young that likes Dylan.

uh oh luo buckle my shoe hi ho the dairy oh oops there goes my button but thats just the way she blows

>More like

Though I know that evenings empire has returned into sand
Vanished from my hand
Left me blindly here to stand but still not sleeping
My weariness amazes me, I'm branded on my feet
I have no one to meet
And the ancient empty street's too dead for dreaming

I find myself liking the best of the poetics on Dylan's later albums a lot more than those on 60s and 70s classics these days. Ring Them Bells, Every Grain of Sand, Sweetheart Like You, Mississippi, Sugarbabe, do more for me than most of the electric trilogy.

>hmmm think I'll write a song
>let's see...
>G, C, D
>oh that sounds nice
>G,C,D, G,C,D, G,C,D, G,C,D, G,C,D,
>toots into a harmonica
>now I need some poetry to put on it
>hmmm...

SINGS [in no particular melody]:
>Well the executioner is knitting
>And snow white is smoking hash
>And an old blue cat is shitting
>By the creek where philosophers splashed

>And the prophets are all dying
>And Aphrodite ain't around
>And Michelangelo is crying
>While I'm laying the madonna down

>And the joker's got loose from the deck
>And your baby, she's at home
>And the magistrates all wanna' know
>How's life in the thunderdome?

Rolling Stone: ******
Pitchfork: 8.3/10
The AV Club: A+
Allmusic: ****1/2
Robert Christgau: "holy shit why do other people even bother making music?"

>those lyrics
nice attempt, but even the rather pedestrian lyrics of Idiot Wind is better than that shlock, even if it was half-assed

>All the tired horses in the sun
>How am I supposed to get any riding done?

>(((noble prize)))

Props for stsnding them up based Dylan. Based rebel jew.

Literally all of those publications have given Dylan horrible reviews. The late 70s to early 90s were not kind on the man. I have a few album guides from the mid 90s that even outright say he was just a relic from the 60s forced to play his old songs.

Bob Dylan's lyrics are mixed-metaphorical garbage where every magic potion is just a direct analogue for drugs, every woman is a temptress, and every man is a joker.

Like, what's "Hey Mr. Tambourine Man" about? Well it's clearly about a drug dealer, but Bob Dylan says it isn't, so it's probably something deep.

No it isn't. The tambourine is drugs.

come to my hood man I'll hook you up, i know tons of women and haven't had a dry streak since I was 16 years old, women love me personally and I know like, 4 maybe 5 women who straight up love dylan too, fine women too, good hair, come to my hood, you can pay me back whenever first time

he should have continued getting horrible reviews into the 00's and 10's

My gf and I are both seniors (not rule 2 IE) and she loves dylan and all that older folkrock, but it's mostly because her dad plays guitar and would play stuff like that around her alot. Not that uncommon anymore.

What are the drugs in Dirge, Shelter from the Storm, Mozambique, I Shall Be Released, Every Grain of Sand and Mississippi?

>he doesn't like time out of mind

a tambourine man in cajun culture leads funeral processions. a common theme in romantic literature is the use of music to soothe a tormented soul. Dylan uses symbols he sees around him to build on that tradition

stick to rap, idiot

I've been into Dylan since I was 16 (20 now) and the only people I've found my age into Dylan are white dudes at record stores (and I'm a non-sjw white dude, just saying it as matter of fact).

>THE SUN'S NOT YELLOW IT'S CHICKEN
I literally just had a braingasm

>those lyrics
Nice try, guy.

You can criticize the man on anything but his lyrical prowess. Certainly, your attempt just makes this all the more apparent. You're a memeposter and it's obvious. He's a master lyricist and it's obvious.

endurlife

>using a quote from a dimwitted character in the song to prove Dylan is dimwitted
You must think Charlie Chaplin was really a bum too.

There's a lot to critique about Dylan the person, actually. I haven't read a single biography that was kind to the guy.

>based Dylan

>the one guy in this thread trying so hard to not like something everyone accepts as great

Do you talk to girls at all? Dylan is still popular with some girls alike.

Also, going to a record store and getting your basis of the demographic of an artist that way is such a terrible idea.

I talk to basically an even amount of girls and guys. I rarely if ever hear them talking about Dylan.

I never said that was the only place I go to, I said that's just about the only place I hear people my age talking about Dylan.

an (at the time) smoking hot chick 30+ years younger than him, wrote a love song to him:

youtu.be/mnBSqiOHZzk

Cat Power isn't exactly young, user.

all I said was she's 30+ years younger than BD. Here she is when the song was released (pic related)

>b-but only neckbeard record store clerks like dylan

God I love all of the lyrics to that song

Yeah, she was young when she wrote that and she was young a generation ago. Tastes change in time. Since I apparently didn't spell it out for you, I'm talking about people who're young in the year 2017. I've seen girls go on about Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Nick Drake, David Bowie, The Cure etc. I haven't seen any go on about Dylan.

>I've seen girls go on about Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Nick Drake, David Bowie, The Cure etc. I haven't seen any go on about Dylan.
>only neckbeards like Dylan

You're literally retarded and very socially unaware of anything

It was like 9 years ago nigga. Dylan was well into his 60s at the time.

Are you some shill mad he skipped out on the (((noble prize))) or something?

Quote the post where I said only neckbeards are into Dylan.

Saying girls aren't into something != saying only neckbeards are.

You're right, it came out when she was a ripe 36 year old. My bad.

>I've been into Dylan since I was 16 (20 now) and the only people I've found my age into Dylan are white dudes at record stores

It's fair, contextually, to extrapolate 'white dudes at record stores' to 'neckbeards'.

Fuck off nigga.

Nigga if a girl who looks like that is into you when you're 64 you oughta suck Jesus' dick.