Ian Curtis

Was he autistic?

probably

He was bipolar.

A dual of personalities, they kept calling him

He was a total madman who actually did it

Where would Joy Division have taken their sound if he didn't kill himself?

probably in the same direction as new order

ian curtis is the nickelback of dead pop icons

new order like the other guy said followed by experimental stuff like talk talk did

This is possible but it's also quite likely that his epilepsy medication gave him mood swings similar to bipolar disorder

Ian would have quit and teamed up with Genesis P-Orridge to make avant-garde music, rest would've formed New Order anyway. I read that that was the plan somewhere.

>discover musician
>enjoying their music, look them up and see they've been dead for a while
>find out they committed suicide
why does this always happen, makes me sad

by today's standards, yes. autism/spectrum disorders are your generations "ADHD"

peculiar human characteristics are now disorders

but, no... he wasn't autistic

autistic people don't sing in fucking rock bands

you guys are fucking pathetic for insulting dead superstars

like what you get out of this huh? he contributed more to music than any of you faggots ever will, you should be licking his feet for the things he did instead of acting like privileged spoiled pussies over having tons of pirated music in youtube to complain about

He was artistic

was he gay?

>I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A GUY TO COME AND TAKE ME BY THE HAND
>COULD THESE SENSATIONS MAKE ME FEEL THE PLEASURES OF ANOTHER MAN
What do you think?

I don't think so, he was married and had a daughter and didn't really show any signs of it.

was he handicapped?

This and he was 'cheating' on Deborah with another women.

The multitude of guitars and keyboard instruments blend together to create this kinda soupy colossus wall of doom, and forgive the comparison but to me '91-era Swans sounded like Joy Division being taken to the next logical level.

was he a qt?

Yes

good

saw Control yesterday, would recommend if you like JD and want to know more about Ian

>autistic people don't sing in fucking rock bands

epliepsy meds dont cause mood swings wtf are you on about. Half of them to this day can be prescriped as mood stabilizers too. And back in the 70s they were probably cranking him full of barbituates, which yknow, are basically horse tranquilizer.

No he was artistic

What about anti-depressants? From what I've read, he was also clinically depressed.