How does Sup Forums feel about E-Sports potentially making an appearance in the next Olympics? Is it deserved...

How does Sup Forums feel about E-Sports potentially making an appearance in the next Olympics? Is it deserved? Should they allow it?

What a pathetic fucking world we've come to live in. Feels bad man.

no, it's a cancer that has killed multiplayer gaming and it should be banned from all countries forever.

what's so pathetic about it? They train just as much and takes a lot of skill.

Literally everything about the culture surrounding it is a total cringefest. The announcers pretending it's exciting, the sportscasters pandering to autists and pretending to know anything about the games, the people who fly across country to watch pixels on a screen, the way every dev wants their mp to be the next esport has completely fucked the way mp is developed for the normal gamer. I could go on and on.

Yes, I know the "pros" commit just as much time to it as pro atheletes, but something about that just seems so fucking stupid. At least in sports you get plenty of beneficial side effects like health, etc.

Literally this.

I train 9 hours a day flipping burgers at McDonalds. I should be in the olympics.

No it's E-Game not E-Sport, and no it obviously will never be a part of the Olympics.

Doesn't matter how much they train, it's not a sport and physicality is not part of the skillset beyond moving fingers.

there's also Olympic events like speed walking or throwing a fucking javelin. plenty of other silly events that I personally don't think is all that impressive.

I much rather have those robot making challenges that test autonomy. its actually usually and lol are you kidding me with it being in the olympics

>e-games
>skill

HAHAHAHAH LMAO get a life in the real world

It's a common misconception that top Olympic tier athletes are healthy. They aren't.

I had an esports phase that died about 2 years ago. I can assure you that nobody is pretending it's exciting. E-sports is legitimately fun to watch.

Yes, speedwalking is silly, but you are at least moving your body. Javelin is an ancient sport.

E-sports are not sports in any sense, it's various electronic games.

right, but at the end of the day it's still competition. large amounts of skill in both categories

are you really saying sitting in a chair for hours on end is healthier than moving around?

ok I want to see who is healthier your average gamer compared to usain bolt or any random athlete. yes it can be unhealthy but it still healthier then sitting doing nothing

Desu I already don't care about the olympics, so whatever, but honestly they are more a sport than some of the events there are, like every single thing that relies on judges and not merely referees.

Everything can be defined as a competition, there are math competitions that take far more skill than any E-Game. It doesn't make them a sport.

>mfw imagining a bunch of random Seung-Ho Parks in the olympic village trying to score

What is this screenshot about?

who /Global/ here

LEM or lower need not apply

>He plays 64 tick MM servers

most e-sports are gay af but the rocklet league shit was kinda cool. doesnt take a retard to figure out the rules and sick goals.... plus explosions!

but yeah seeing the commentators and generally everything else about it pander to autists really makes it tough to watch at times.