Did you know that the Korean High Speed Train KTX is in reality the korean version of the French TGV...

Did you know that the Korean High Speed Train KTX is in reality the korean version of the French TGV ? I saw a korean movie with the KTX train and told myself "wait I know this train, looks like our TGV"
And I was right.

You're welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EOdATLzRGHc
japantoday.com/category/kuchikomi/view/japans-shinkansen-best-in-world-at-safety-punctuality-tech-but-not-marketing
youtube.com/watch?v=b-xAqOPH0ow
youtu.be/dSUmeRT_jqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thank you.

Thanks bro.

Appreciated

I owe you one.

most of Koreans know that. Thanks.

>mfw Korea adopted French TGV design over Japanese Shinkansen out of obligatory butthurt despite the fact that its hilly, mountainous terrain and high population density similar to Japan's fit Shinkansen system rather than TGV that fits continental flat terrain with less curved tracks, and of course they encountered lots of problems and shamelessly pleaded Japan for technical support

In korean high speed train program, France TGV won the bid aginst Germany ICE and Japan Shinkansen.
During the program, performance of train, economic feasibility(expense), support activity, technology transfer.were considered and France had the best offer.

Thanks.

You can't strump the TGV

youtube.com/watch?v=EOdATLzRGHc

thank you

>implying TGV can't handle mountain terrain.

Compared to TGV, Shinkansen actual exports is joke.
And in case of korea, Japan offer was worse, like you got BTFOed once again by France in Australia submarine program.

this is the fact. they likely had to hate the japanese one at any cost for the ideology that most of them arent at heart want to agree with

It's starting to dawn on me why we chose TGV.

>implying it's an actual operational speed
It's easy to achieve a sheer high speed record if you don't really consider other operational factors in the speed test.

lmao
Shinkansen is expensive for its incredibly high operational capabilities that realize tight operational schedule in complex terrains with high population density and its super high reliability proven by the non fatal accident record since the beginning even in a natural disaster ridden environment like Japan, and so few countries can buy it in the first place. It's the train for elite countries xD

japantoday.com/category/kuchikomi/view/japans-shinkansen-best-in-world-at-safety-punctuality-tech-but-not-marketing

as a result, KTX has suffered from collisions many times kek!

It's starting to dawn on me why they chose TGV.

poor KTX....

youtube.com/watch?v=b-xAqOPH0ow

btw does TGV have dining cars?

Every TGV has a wagon bar and some TGV has dining cars

those are due to faulty manufacturing and human error you dumb nip

very noice and comfy, better than Bento boxes

>humans are prone to err

where are safety equipments that automatically prevent collisions? not integrated into the system, that's why it sucks

funny thing is KTX-1(2004 Model) is using 1993 SNCF bellsound
youtu.be/dSUmeRT_jqo

>where are safety equipments that automatically prevent collisions?
But they are.

>On November 3, 2007, an arriving KTX-I train collided with a parked KTX-I train inside Busan Station, resulting in material damage of 10 billion won and light injuries to two persons. The accident happened because the driver had fallen asleep and disabled the train protection system, and led to the trial and conviction of the driver

if you google-earth japan, south korea and france, you would realize that sk's terrain is way more similar to japan than to france, and korea's population, even higher than japan in density (korea's population size is about 75% of france's while its land size is 20%), is packed into a couple of metropolitan areas unlike france, which is known for well distributed population arrangement throughout quite a large and relatively flat landmass (for a european country). korea's situation requires an operational pattern which shinkansen is best at. so, excluding shinkansen is pretty much an unreasonable decision. that said, it's korea; they might not be entitled to have the train for elites ;^)

Korean steals things of others and thinking it's invented by Korean themselfs. Every K-culture(lol)is this.

Vive le Japon

but it doesn't explain why KTX hit another express Mugunfa
again an idiot driver cancel the protection system? If so it's helpless

>MOVIE WITH TRAIN
Train to busan?

We already know that ktx is made by french

Wtf. Were they OK?
High-speed train accidents would bring very sever situation. I hope the passengers were fine in those accidents, although I can't imagine how awful they were because Japanese sinkansens have never caused those sever accidents.

The accident happened because the conductor was being retarded. Only two slight injuries

>"The ministry team concluded that human error rather than equipment malfunction or signal failure caused the crash. It found that the conductor handling the slow train misread the signal and told the train driver to depart, while the driver failed to double check and the overall traffic controller did not inform the driver that a KTX train was passing by on the track it was about to merge with."

do not trust anything french

Thank you for your information. Too scared, but it might be consoling to think that no one was injured seriously.
I googled and found there were some accidents about KTX, but it is not French fault.