How did I miss this?

purile trash for the unsophisticated ear

>muh Alive 2017
its not gonna happen, not even announced or hinted at

so is everything that gets more than 20 replies on mu
what's your point?

>Alive 2017

IT'S HAPPENING LADS

What a better place to announce it than at the Grammys?

How do you perform at the Grammys if your album for that year hasn't been nominated yet, let alone released?

Daft Punk is performing (and possibly kicking off a world tour) at Day For Night 2017.

Screen cap this.

Why wouldn't they do it retard? It's easy money.

Get real. Don't treat Daft Punk as anything more than a product.

>the band your grandpa´s dad used to listen to is making a comeback
woah isnt that awesome its not like they´re fucking 40 years old and late and boring by now

i dont give a shit anymore about daft punk gorillaz lady gaga or metallica but these out-of-touch promoters think those are still the hot shit

lmao at how outdated record labels and event bookers are. absolutely no taste, just MTV memes.

so how obscure does an artist have to be for you to call them "real" music?

Where did I imply that? And how does getting replies on threads on an anonymous image board make a band relevant and popular?

they're certainly not a product, they're two musicians with integrity who changed the landscape of pop and electronic

>they're two musicians with integrity who changed the landscape of pop and electronic
Integrity you say? Is that why they're making disco and synthpop music? You know, extremely cosmetically acceptable and successful genres of music?

And it's puerile, good sir. Now, good sir, if you'd be so kind as to sheath your katana, don your cloak and evaporate back into the darkness.

>not even announced or hinted at
woah there definitely isn't a trend of mainstream pop stars releasing albums unannounced, especially as exclusives on streaming services they are associated with

Oh, so you're a faggot, then.

Tell me, oh all-knowing one, what genres of music are acceptable to your perfect tastes?

You sound like the type of queer that jerks off to Radiohead and has a bearded anal plug so it really feels like Marcus Mumford is inside of you.

Let me guess, you'd go to Pride, but you wish they'd stop playing Pet Shop Boys and start playing more Frank Ocean?

What a fucking moron.

Great ad hominem attacks. Those really made your points more valid and reasonable. I'm not a 12 year old who tries too hard to fit in, I can actually think for myself and I haven't listened to Radiohead yet, nor do I want to listen to Frank Ocean. Funny how you didn't mention Kraftwerk or The Beatles as a highly influential pop bands. I'm not a fan of pop music, but those two are some of the most influential pop bands.

>changed the landscape of pop and electronic
How does it feel to have such a limited scope?

>changed the landscape of pop and electronic
Don't get me started on electronic music. You're so wrong in that regard, it's emberassing.

Shit b8

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

They used to be. Daft Punk's earlier stuff is amazing. Most of their recent material has been pop trash though.