DUDE

DUDE

Other urls found in this thread:

nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/king-gizzard-lizard-wizard-rattlesnake-1846546
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>microtonal dude

such a good album

I enjoyed it. Not their best but still an enjoyable album. I do think they took the "dude microtonal it's so different and unique 24 TET super complex" thing a bit too far though.

I didn't realize this leaked, I'll upload it in a sec for the archive

Literally who cares about this kind of music in 2017? King Gizzard, Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees, The Growlers, its all been done over and over and over

The Growlers? like King Gizzard? lmao

Cali hispanic kids

Not in relation to each other in terms of sound, but in relation to each other in the way that the put out the same record over and over without a single risk of stepping "outside" their sound, its so horribly boring that I really can't understand why people listen to stuff like this. Ty Segall has put out the same record every year for his whole fucking career, even across different projects of his

I'm with ya.... kinda whack.

?

Never listened to this/these guys before. Wow, this is great.

This band is fucking gay. So fucking gay I can't believe it.

Aww :)

$$$ to cristis => hype

>Best
Nuclear Fusion
>Runner-up
Rattlesnake
>Worst
Melting

Never heard of them before now but I already really like Rattlesnake. You made a fan today.

King Gizzard have LITERALLY changed their sound on every single album they've released

Bait.

>"put out the same record over and over without a single risk of stepping "outside" their sound"

>Implying Nonagon Infinity and Paper Mache Dream Balloon are even remotely similar, and they come right after each other in King Gizzard's discography

Listen to Quarters!, Paper Mache, Nonagon and Mind Fuzz and tell me that they all sound the same you dunce

>Sleeper and Emo Mugger and 1st S/T and Manipulator are the same
Nah dude

When will Stu Mackenzie die

>DUDE 2 DRUMMERS! LMAO
But 2bh I like them

hopefully he lives forever.

Best album coming through to fuck your stupid face

>Ty Segall has put out the same record every year for his whole fucking career, even across different projects of his
kek no

Only if they remove his vocal cords.

>rattlesnake
>rattlesnake
>rattlesnake

>rattles me

Yeah dude their album using only acoustic instruments writing psych folk and low down acoustic rock sounds just like their fast paced looping garage psych album which in turn sounds just like their lo - fi surf debut ep.

Rattle
Rattle
Rattle

Shitpost all you want but Quarters was fucking great

>artists attempt something involving music theory
>it's an accessible and good album
>somehow they still took it too far
You're an actual retard, good lord

It's really good. Has a cool middle eastern tinge to it

I've only heard nuclear fusion and it was really good, when is the official release?

Releases the 24th. Leaks are pretty much everywhere at this point.

I genuinely believe The River is the best thing they've ever written.

which all sound like their spaghetti western audiobook

well you're wrong because that's god is in the rythm

I was just about to mention how everyone seems to forget that one.

this. if you have trouble seeing the stagnation/saturation within this scene you're just a fanboy. i don't mind it per se because the live shows are fun but it really has become formulaic and unadventurous for a while now

Shhhhhh dont tell that to the poor little shitposter.

How can they both come after each other? Gizzard fans truly are just as retarded as they seem.

I have not heard of this at all until now, what the hell?

>dude the burger scene is killing garage rock lmao

They're excellent, and ya know what's really cool? It'll be the third album, and the third album sounds just like first one. So, you're guaranteed a good time, ya know? There won't be any surprises. No forward movement.

What are you on about mate?

>Best
Nuclear Fusion
>Runner-up
Sleep Drifter
>Overrated
Rattlesnake
>Worst
none

I get that criticism with burger bands and all, especially growing up in california but King G is not repetitive at all if you look at their releases

>third album

>Best
Nuclear Fusion
>Runner-Up
Billabong Valley
>Worst
Anoxia
>Overrated
Rattlesnake, but it's still a fucking jam

Yeah it was fun but now it kind of gives me a headache.

RATTLESNAKE
RATTLESNAKE
RATTLESNAKE
rattlesnake

naaaaa Rattlesnake fucking bangs

>Best
Rattlesnake
>Runner-up
either Nuclear Fusion or Doom City, both are fucking jams
>Overrated
Sleep Drifter
>Worst
Anoxia

I thought this album wasn't out yet, did it leak early?

Yep

Praise be
I'll check the catalogue

B8 or ignorance

>can't refute an argument so I resort to nitpicking grammar

link?

archive

>Best
Open Water
>Runner-up
Melting
>Overrated
Nuclear Fusion
>Underrated
Flying Microtonal Banana
>Worst
Billabong Valley

Great picks man. The lyrics on Melting seem pretty lazy but the music is tasty as hell

>Best
Nuclear Fusion
>Runner-up
Doom City
>Worst
Billabong Valley

reverse this

>not liking Billabong Valley
plebs.

>implying I don't like it
every song is good!!

>>Overrated
>Nuclear Fusion

Every Ty Segall record sounds like the last one. He's so unoriginal even when he tries to sound different he sounds exactly the same.

ur not very good at this user but nice try

Has anyone here seen them live before? I got a ticket to see them this tour and the videos I've seen online make it look awesome.

Any stories/experiences?

It's not bait. The only people that like Ty Segall are fanboys of the genre. Everybody that plays in that scene other than John Dwyer thinks he's a rich kid faggot.

Yeah seen em 4 times, they're consistently phenomenal. Absolute madness really. Hope you're seeing them in a small venue cos that's really where they're best.

what the hell are all these psych rock dudes in australia trippin on that gives them this all dope music?

Seeing them at the Metro in Chicago. It's more of a medium-sized place, but I like it a lot.

What's the mix of stuff that they do? Like do they do a lot off of their most recent project or keep it pretty consistent?

But that has nothing to do with the albums sounding the same though. I don't care if they're rich kid faggots if the music's good

2/10 made me respond

Been a lot of Nonagon stuff recently. Which is the best stuff live imo. Check setlist.fm

>He thinks Paper Mache is the first album
>He thinks Paper Mache sounds like Nonagon Infinity
>He thinks Nonagon Infinity sounds like Flying Microtonal Banana
>HE THINKS THEY HAVE THREE ALBUMS

But that's where you're wrong. All of his albums sound the same. Yes some of them are acoustic but it still sounds like "oh boy ty's trying to be t. rex again" truly unimaginative music

I want to like them but I just find them kind of annoying.

What have you listened to? If you've only heard Rattlesnake or something then it would make sense.

listen to The River, unreal song. Especially the last 2 minutes absolute groove

The fact that you think that's true just proves how retarded you are.

Just listen to what they're ripping off instead. Thee Oh Sees and krautrock.

it's really boring

they've done the same thing but better on previous albums

i just want them to make another good folk rock album like paper mache, because their psych/garage stuff is pretty bland

Lmao this band kicks John Dwyer's ass

Looks like some good shit. Hyped to see Lord of Lightning especially

I keep hearing stuff that they officially said there's gonna be a Nonagon sequel album with Balrog/Lord of Lightning/Crumbling Castle on it. Where did they say it?

nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/king-gizzard-lizard-wizard-rattlesnake-1846546
>One’s kinda jazzy and is a collaboration with our buddies Mild High Club. The other is kinda heavy and has some ties with ‘Nonagon Infinity‘. Four and five are too far in the future to think about right now!

RATTLESNAKERATTLESNAKERATTLESNAKERATTLEsnail

Proof you've never heard his stuff outside Thee Oh Sees. That is as real as they come.

Seen John Dwyer projects and King Gizzard both multiple times and there's no way King Gizzard beats out John Dwyer & Thee Oh sees

>Microtones on any other KG album

They literally aren't even playing normal western scales on this

They're making the same type of music. All of this microtonal bullshit sounds just like they're other stuff but just tuned differently. Also nobody in these threads knows anything about microtones. You literally learned about from Australia's best Oh Sees cover band

Excuse the typos

Don't worry, I'll excuse the whole post :^)

Sorry you're not able to get into critical thinking. Sorry about your shit taste too user.

Nigga you know like 60% of all rock music made today is "ripping off" kraut in some way right?

No it's not. Krautrock is not as huge as this board makes it seem. Most people don't even know what the fuck it.

lol you're an idiot user

>i don't know jack shit about theory so therefore nobody else ITT does either
the microtonal guitar thing is the only reason why i gave a shit about this album to begin with. i haven't really cared for any of their other stuff.

But why is it being microtonal praised when it sounds like the same songs they were doing before just a little off because they're in a different tuning?