Unwound

I have been getting super into Unwound lately. they went from being a minor curiosity to one of my favorite bands.

favorite album?

From best to worst, top to bottom

s/t
The Future Of What
Fake Train
Challenge For A Civilized Society
New Plastic Ideas
Repetition
Leaves Turn Inside You

I would actually pretty much agree with this. maybe switch Repetition and New Plastic Ideas for me

I'm somewhat comfortable with this, with the exception of their s/t as their best. I've never seen anyone rank it that highly.

What did you like about their s/t so much?

TFoW > CfaCS = Repetition = LTIY > NPI > FT > S/T

I'm just getting into them too, actually, but I did listen to LTIY a while ago and I really liked it. Recently I listened to Repetition and I thought it was great. Are those really there two worst albums, if so I'm about to be a huge unwound fan

They sound like linkin park

wrong

I remember when LTIY was sub-mucore, where did the time go

leaves turn inside you
new plastic ideas
s/t
fake train
the future of what
repetition
challenge for a civilised society

lmao I misread this, it's literally the exact opposite for me. LTIY as best and s/t at the bottom

>decide to check them out
>album is 32 tracks long

pleb

maybe if you're talking about one of the box sets, but none of their actual albums are this long

>LTIY above Fake Train
kys yourself

You got it backwards.

soon you will grow out of your teenage angst user

I ordered 3 of Unwound's box sets. AMA

you got it backwards lol

are they worth it? how is all the biographical stuff?

They haven't arrived yet =)

RemindMe! 1 week

Unwound was my favorite band from when I was 19 until I was 27 or so.
Probably the most consistently underrated band of the 90s underground.

I'm almost ordering the whole set from Numero.

I left out Kid Is Gone. I never liked the s/t so I'm not really interested in hearing more pre-Fake Train Unwound.

You're fucking stupid

unwound was my favorite band but then i grew into metal

I remember listening to their entire discography in order like 2 years ago because I wanted to listen to LTIY the right way and being kind of disappointed

They've been growing on me a lot more lately though. The three-song stretch of Valentine Card/Kantina/Is Were Was Is or whatever the last one is is 10/10. Also Swan is such a killer song holy fuck

Which one should I listen to tonight? I've tried New Plastic Ideas again a few times since everyone says that's their best but it doesn't do much for me

nice try :^)

Repetition

Leaves Turn Inside You sounds good but it feels so empty somehow.

It's probably the weird-ass somewhat thin production it has.

LTIY is even more angsty than Fake Train
>SUMMERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEZINGGG MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Literally the only good parts on LTIY are Treachery the drone on We Invent You

LTIY wound sound amazing if it had the same production as New Plastic Ideas, but it feels really empty. I think they produced it themselves so that could be why.

I would listen to Live Leaves. it's the best stuff off of LTIY in a much more visceral and hard-hitting context, along with some other really great songs. the sound quality isn't great, but you get used to it pretty quick.

the Live Leaves version of Arboretum is god-tier

I don't think of Unwound as being angsty, but it could just be that I rarely pay much attention to vocals unless they're the focus of the music. and they most certainly are not with Unwound, so I've never really noticed them

It's shit

I think you diminshed into metal. No one can quite grow into metal except pre-pubescent kids.

Unwound aren't angsty, they're more... cold, detached and kind of unfeeling.
Like that feel you get after being burned one too many times. That derision for everything that makes people into the shitstains they really are deep down inside.

At least that's the feels they evoke on me.

Personally my guy
Fake Train
Challenge For A Civilized Society
The Future Of What
Leaves Turn Inside You
New Plastic Ideas
Repetition
S/T
They are one my all time favorites with Fake Train being my fourth favorite album of all time.