Do you guys think Young Thug will go down as one of the best rappers of all time...

Do you guys think Young Thug will go down as one of the best rappers of all time? Even if you don't like him you have to admit he's had a huge influence and put trap on the map.

He'll go down more as a 50 Cent.

Hugely successful and popular for a time but not really considered one of 'the best'. He's more just...a joke.

And that's not meant as an insult in Thug's case, most of his fans say his music 'isn't serious' and is more just for dancing and parties. And there's not a PROBLEM with that, just don't expect to be called 'one of the greatest' when you make that kind of music.

who exactly has he influenced

>rap

thuggers more than a rapper, hes a pop icon. idk how the public is gonna paint him but hes bound to influence vocalists beyond trap

>trap

every single popular rapper right now is trap since thugger came on the scene. rae sremmurd, lil yachty, migos.

I don't think he'll be considered one of the greats when it's all said and done. Like it or not, lyrics are a part of rapping, and Thug is not very gifted in that department. I'm not trying to deny his influence or his charisma on the mic, but you're not gonna be remembered as one of the best rappers when your bars are trash.

He's done a lot of fun stuff, but hasn't pushed past that "good" barrier yet. Put out an album with better lyrics, more interesting or experimental instrumentals and more of the cracked out vocals from the best parts of Jeffrey and I'll be a happy camper.

He's going to go down as your favorite music blog and critic's favorite rapper from the late 2010's along with kendrick.

I don't think he's going to hit the hype and cultural impact that wayne or 50 had or the influence and legend status of kanye but he's definitely top tier so far for this decade

he actually has incredible flow and lyrics at completely unexpected times like drippin and givenchy. It just isnt his thing, hes not a lyrical guy

based

I don't think you can pin the trap movement all on Thugger.

To put down 50 Cent like this is extremely ignorant of you

By the way, Future and Chief Keef have had more influence than Thug, but I like the three of them

For people judging Rap as a craft Thug is probably not gonna be in the Top 100. But people judging him as a musician/rap artist definitely have to put him in the top 10 of this decade.

Migos were big before Young Thug, and Mike Will Made-It who is the one responsible for Rae Sremmurd, was also huge before Thug

I don't think he will be considered the best. Hopefully in the future we learn to stay away form trying to rank artist cause their art is extremely subjective.
I'll think he will be considered the most influential.

>By the way, Future and Chief Keef have had more influence than Thug, but I like the three of them
And that's fine. Wasn't insulting Thug. Just saying why I think he may not be considered a 'best all time rapper'.

That part was actually directed at OP

problematic

You guys don't know what the fuck you're talking about, Atlanta had big name trappers making hits long before Young Thug. Jeezy and Gucci for one

And Thugger is part of a movement, not the originator by a long shot. "Mumble rap" is kind of a stupid name but that's the wave he's on, mumble rap and Atlanta.

Trap has so many big names for such a long time it's extremely difficult to pin it on anyone. It's just now that some of the production elements of trap have been commercialized and the lyrics somewhat softened.

But trap is such a large movement with such diverse sounds that it's hard to even say that trap has gone mainstream. Lighter Atlanta trap definitely has. But there are guys like Maxo Kream who don't have a hit because their music is incredibly raw and actually about trapping.

If he had kept up with albums like Barter 6 and SS1 then he would be at the top of the game right now.
But nope.
Now hes just plateauing... Hard.

idk but that one PacMan tweet is funny as fuck

>put trap on the map
>who is gucci mane
>who is jeezy
>who is ti
>who is future

Future was probably the guy who pushed trap to the forefront of Hip Hop, not Young Thug.

>one of the best rappers of all time
>can't rhyme 2 words to save his life

ur the fucking worst type of retard