"protests" against a country that supposedly oppresses people of color

>"protests" against a country that supposedly oppresses people of color
>will still accept his paycheck of 19 Million that contributes to the same problem he is protesting

Good lord what a fucking idiot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKpXQIf9exA
newnation.org/NNN-Black-on-White.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minersville_School_District_v._Gobitis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>this triggers the amerilards

Don't even like him but that argument is really retarded, it's some middle school tier argument

This is retarded white people logic OP. Go back to Sup Forums or just get the fuck over it.

Black apologists pls go

Actually it would fly well in an American college

youtube.com/watch?v=wKpXQIf9exA

>black president
>the guy who won best player in the nfl was black
>tonnes of black millionaires in sports in the US
>he's a half-black millionaire
>country frees black people as slaves and allows them to protest over and over for more and more rights
>they get them, and white people are the ones who gave it to them
>black americans get influenced by hollywood and rap
>start doing what rappers talk about
>get shot by police or put in jail
>whites are oppressing us

How?

Wew lad nice argument

right, do they even know that .000003% of the black population get killed by the police every year?

I don't really understand.

I don't think Kaepernick even used the word 'oppressed' did he? I thought he was protesting against the shootings this year?

>op green texts
>2 out of 3
>lines
doesn't 'compromise' by making 2/5 of the lines
black

He did. Literally in in the first sentence of his initial statement on the issue:

>"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color...."

>crackas be killing us n shieeett

newnation.org/NNN-Black-on-White.html

Don't read too much of this, it'll make you want to buy an AR and purge the nearest ghetto. #freedylannroof

he's not protesting anything. he's just exploiting a volatile social issue for attention. a lot of people have been doing it lately.

>accept his paycheck
how about earn his paycheck?

>he's not protesting anything. he's just exploiting a volatile social issue for what he mistakenly thought would be business leverage.

FTFY

>not cashing his checks, that'll show 'em!

I hope more players sit and assravage the last of the Republican base into strokes

Would you argue that because there is a male president that men face no discrimination in America? I don't see how you can bring up America outlawing slavery as some great and noble act, when it had been outlawed in the rest of the civilized world for decades by the time the US was torn apart because the south wanted to retain their slaves so badly. Besides all of that, Kaepernick is specifically protesting about the unequal treatment of black people by law enforcement. You can talk about black crime stats all you want but it's a fact that black people are proportionally more likely to be prosecuted and tried for committing the same crimes as whites, as and be given longer sentences. White people in total and proportionally use and deal far more drugs than black people, yet blacks are the ones far more likely to be thrown in jail for it. I'm sure you would argue men being given longer sentences than women for the same crime is unfair, why doesn't the same argument work for people of different colours being given different sentence lengths?

>land of the free
>tons of americans are losing their shit because someone disagreed with them

This isn't pointed at you Sup Forums, but holy fuck. He's overrated, a bit of an obnoxious douche, but isn't it ironic that in the oh so holy country of the free, one guy is denied the right to speak his mind because of whatever excuse people can come up with?

well 98% of them stood for the anthem, in even the SF/Hawks game. If you add up all the name game, the percentage would be even higher.

And yeah sure, Kapernick certainly won't be turning away any money.

Dude is a complete joke

>raised by whites
>makes millions sitting on the bench

WE WUZ OPPRESS

Bottom line, there are no racist laws in the US. In fact, there are the opposite. Hence no 'systemic racism'. That's all you can do as a society. After that, the results are just reality. Life's not fair.

He's free to stand or sit. The 49ers are free to cut him if they want or trade him.

The USA doesn't historically like people making political objections during the national anthem. However, it is widely accepted that certain religions forbid their followers from taking oaths or standing for the anthem.

at least they didnt make it against the law to have the """wrong""" thoughts or ideas like the fatherland, bernd.

>However, it is widely accepted that certain religions forbid their followers from taking oaths or standing for the anthem.
Which religions are these?

Jehovas witness IIRC

Kaep and jehovas are dumb
Though

>it's a fact that black people are proportionally more likely to be prosecuted and tried for committing the same crimes as whites, as and be given longer sentences
it's also a fact that black people are more likely to be repeat offenders than white people, which would account for that disparity.

>the US was torn apart because the south wanted to retain their slaves so badly

Do retarded leafs really think the US civil war was mainly about slavery?

In the NBA players are required to stand for the anthem.

You know laws are only as good as their enforcement. I can make all the laws I want claiming to protect the equality of people, if I then let the very men trusted with the enforcement of these laws blatantly disregard these very same principles they are supposedly upholding, I'd say that's the ultimate failure of government. You can't just write a law and say "racism in the judicial system doesn't exist anymore!". People are still discriminating against blacks, just because they're given equal treatment in the law books doesn't mean they're given equal treatment by law enforcement.

Being publicly lynched and hung out to dry by media and population for """wrong""" thoughts is arguably worse, since the law explicitly states the opposite should be the case.

Probably, hell, most Americans do.

I'm a proud northerner and I love shitting on inbred southerners but even I admit the civil war was justified on the south's behalf

Yeah, maybe you should learn your history instead of believing in the historical revisionism of the reconstruction. "The civil war wasn't about slavery, it was about economic conditions and state rights! It just so happens these economic conditions and state rights which caused so much conflict between the north and south, were directly related slavery! Total coincidence."

Why are you pretending you know anything about this country?

Go hump a moose you retarded mountie

PUHleeze. You sure do point a lot of fingers. Laws don't control how people feel. Grow up. Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime in the United States. This is an undeniable fact.

>Which religions are these?

Jehovah's witnesses.

Also some Quakers, IIRC.

They have to have a separate oath to swear them in for legal proceedings too. Atheists have a separate oath too, which may be administered in chambers if requested.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minersville_School_District_v._Gobitis

That's a case from 1935 where a school district upheld the rights of Jehovah's witness children to not be expelled if they did not salute the flag or say a pledge.

>People are still discriminating against blacks,
'People' make their own decisions and value judgments. It's called freedom.

>Jehovah's witnesses.
Serena Williams is a JW and she stands for the anthem.

Race is a social construct. The fact that this is a problem is part of the problem.

You can belive it was justified, but you can't deny the fact that the declarations of seccession for all of the state's including length and explicit statements on their desire to uphold the institution of slavery, the right to have slaves, and the benefit slaves gave to the economies of the southern states. It was about slavery. The state right which was being "violated" was the right to subjugate their fellow man. That's like if I got arrested for kidnapping and I said my arrest wasn't about the kidnapping but instead it was about my personal rights, those rights being my internal belief I was allowed to kidnap that person.

>In the NBA players are required to stand for the anthem.

That's unenforceable. Even when Abdul Rauf refused to stand they reversed his suspension. (He later agreed to stand but make a muslim prayer gesture with his hands)

I hope white people die out soon.

>race is a social construct

Why do races have different skull shapes?

Why do races have vastly different median IQs?

Not even a Sup Forumstard (hell, I'm black as night), but race is the furthest thing from a social construct.

My race of people has bigger dicks and lower intelligence on average. Luckily I was blessed with the big dick but higher intelligence as well, but as someone who grew up in a black area as a black, there is a definitive difference between races

It was instituted after Rauf. It was collectively bargained etc.

Yeah I'm sure if someone wants to take it to the supreme court etc., but no one's tested it yet.

>Serena Williams is a JW and she stands for the anthem.

She got criticized by other JWs for that as well as marching in the Olympic procession. I think she kind of gets a pass because she's the most famous and respected JW.

I don't see not standing up for the flag.anthem as a big deal at all. He is just being a fag about it.

I can't understand the asshurt some people can have for not standing up.

Wasn't MJ a JW? Are they ok with diddling?

>hell, I'm black as night)

>saying this
>then making those comments
you're going to have to post your hand and timestamp it tbqh

>I can't understand the asshurt some people can have for not standing up.
Mostly FAKE narrative.

Sure there is a little of that. But, for most sports fans I think it's more an issue of dummy Kapernick attempting to exploit a (fairly moronic) hot button political issue for his personal gain.

>All this assrage
Clearly he's doing something right otherwise you still wouldn't be talking about it, he's got your attention.

Why? So the Chinese can take over and start treating niggers like dogs?

Black people think they have it bad now. Western whites are the only people on this planet with enough tolerance and guilt to put up with this shit. I can promise you the Chinese won't be as accommodating.

>he's doing something right because people are talking about how stupid he is

really makes you think

I thought he was just pussy whipped and is trying to divert attention from a JUST ending to his career.

>Mostly FAKE narrative.
A lot of people are pissed over such a small thing. I wonder if he was sitting down for an issue that wasn't about nignogs how people would respond. Like a very localized issue about taxation or something.

>Wasn't MJ a JW? Are they ok with diddling?

I don't know about MJ but Prince was a JW. There are a lot of black JWs.

>I wonder if he was sitting down for an issue that wasn't about nignogs how people would respond. Like a very localized issue about taxation or something.
If it was a player that people actually respect, for an issue that actually made sense, I think most sports fans would accept it.

He does seem kind of incoherent and just shooting the side of a very big barn.

>more whites are killed by cops than blacks
>blacks kill more whites than whites kill blacks

We wuz uhpressed n shiet!

>showing personal timestamp on Sup Forums

Noooooope

Don't even care if that means you disregard me, I'm not that stupid

based aussie dropping hard knowledge

>someone makes money therefore isn't allowed to have an opinion

literally what?

>implying anyone said he isn't allowed to have an opinion

he can have an opinion. and people can have the opinion that its stupid.

you're a mindless child

+1 upvote

what right is he being denied axactly?

Why don't you focus on your own problems turkfag

t. deadspin

I think people would be fine with any old scrub protesting something that made sense.

Don't both of those just make sense though? Of course cops would kill more whites in total, there are far more whites, or course blacks would be far more likely to kill whites, there's 5 white guys for every black guy, and of course whites would be less likely to shoot blacks, there's one black guy for every 5 white guys. It's all about the proportions. If shot every single black guy I knew and then also shot about twice as many white guys, I'd still be targeting blacks. It's a hell of a lot more likely for a random person I'm shooting to be white than black. Id have to go out of my way to make sure that the percentages didn't match up with the average proportion.

No one's hauling anyone off to the gulag diphit

"the presidents black and im a famous millionaire a bloo bloo bloo"- nigger

What's insulting to me is that I'm supposed to believe that Colin Crackernick actually has any real conviction, like he actually gives a shit about the plight of black Americans. I don't buy it for a second.

He can sit on his ass all he wants, but I think it's telling that so few have joined him in protest. He's just a scrub, which is why people don't respect him or his "protest".

but people have done this and it doesn't matter. Normies and the media hate it when stars share an opinion, they want them to be robots that only play the ballgames of children

Nah. You better be making a whole lot of sense to deny the anthem. Not really going to play in this country.

Again, you dumb fucking assholes: Blacks have about the same chance of being killed by police as being struck by lightning.

This is a made-up nonsense issue used to manipulate stupid people.

Who gives a fuck what brainwashed farmers think? This flag/anthem worship that's gone on in this country in the last 15 years is borderline creepy

I meant a scrub with a good reason.

"We wouldn't be mad if we agreed with him" alright cool man. America is truly a land of tolerance and respect. For all the talking you guys about how sensitive sjws feelings are, you seem to particularly ass blasted about a man silently protesting. It seems everything people say that you disagree with causes an absolute uproar. I've never seen more concentrated hatred on this site than I have about the Black Lives Matter movement. But hey, it's the sjws that can't stand to hear opposing opinions, right?

Like who? Who has done it? Kapernick is free to have an opinion, others are free to critique his opinion. It goes both ways.

Kapernick's opinion just isn't factually very strong.

On a case by case basis, it is not a made up issue at all. There are legit reason for people to be upset that clear cut cases of criminal police behavior has been unpunished. You're using this statistics thing to pretend real problems haven't occurred.

>This flag/anthem worship that's gone on in this country in the last 15 years is borderline creepy
kek. How old are you?

>implying Vietnam reactionism will ever stop after yuppies watched Forest Gump
>Thinking that the only issues with police brutality against minorities are those resulting in death, despite false imprisonment and plain beatings happening every so often

Good reply

PUHleeze. No one is assblasted. No one is is throwing him in the Gulag. He's just not the only one who gets to have an opinion. Grow up.

I've never wanted someone to get a horrible injury so badly. I really hope he gets tackled oddly, breaking his neck and killing him instantly.

Would it be different if Tom Brady started to do this?

In what way are blacks oppressed?

>No one is assblasted

the many daily threads say otherwise

150 out of 42 million where killed by police last year.

It's not a real issue.

There are TONS of more pressing issue facing the black community.

grow up.

Lol wonder how many death threats the dude has gotten in the past week alone.

Dude hates Hilary and thinks soda is the devil and no one cares.

They aren't free to break the law without punishment.

>PUHleeze. No one is assblasted
lmao

the last 15 years part was pretty funny.

what fucking law are you referring to?

People and the media have the right to disagree with him... so a certain percentage should change their opinions so he's not hung out to dry?

Your retardation is astounding.

Yeah but it isn't popular. Who wants to champion an issue that doesn't give you instant gratification?

Probably because stars are generally fucking idiots with worthless opinions. Normal people have to listen to bullshit from idiots all day long, we don't want to come home and turn on the TV to get lectured by people who are about as insightful as Joe Shmoe next door.

About 1130 black men were killed by law enforcement in the USA in 2015. There are about 20 million black men living in the US. The odds of being struck by lighting are close to one in a million. The odds of a black american being killed by the police in 2015 alone was 1 in 20,000. About 50 times more likely than being struck by lighting. Also, being struck by lighting is a lifetime cumulative probability. The odds of being killed by a cop in 2015, which is a single year probability, was 50 times higher than the cumulative probability of being struck by lightning during your entire life. But, why should I bother. I shouldn't expect anyone on spee to be anything other than a NEET.

jealousy isn't a good look, user

people have opinions. Kapernick and his detractors.

Muh assblasted butthurt interenet bullshit is irrelevant. Grow up.

You can only control the laws, you can't control people's reactions or feelings.

I'm not assblasted at all, I just can't stand for degenerate behavior such as this. It would be much better for the world if he would just die, that's really a fact not an opinion. It would be more funny for him to get cancer or a big tumor actually so he would have to suffer and die slowly. I would love every second and consider flying out for the funeral to wear casual attire, sit the entire time and laugh my ass off, maybe call and order a pizza in the middle of the service. Scum like him don't deserve to live, it's just a fact, not even slightly mad over it.