Name a better metal album in the last 30 years

Name a better metal album in the last 30 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FeohN5JMeYY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aesthethica

that isn't metal that is midi meme music

somehow the ark work was worth the wait

i just hope the next record sounds cleaner

hey leave summoning out of this

If New Introductory Lectures on the System of Transcendental Qabala is any hint, then no. It's all downhill from here.

person pitch

ITAOTS

This shitty album doesn't deserve a serious reply.

ITNE
DMDS
Filosofem

Take your pick

Any metal album in the last 30 years.

i actually really like The Ark Work, but there are plenty of better metal albums.

yes
"lol"
cuck

yes

I'm pretty sure New Introductory Lectures on the System of Transcendental Qabala hints to the opposite.

If he made this as a solo project, it probably means Liturgy will come back to a more traditional Metal sound, and he'll keep the electronic stuff for his solo albums.

I liked the Ark Work but i feel like Hunter was torn between making Metal and electronic stuff, so he did kind of both, which felt out of place

This is not only the most underrated album in Cryptopsy's discography, but one of the most underrated albums in all of death metal

This is the single worst album I've ever listened to, and I love aesthethica. It's extremely rare I hate an album but this music triggers me immensely. 0.5/10, has one or two acceptable synth climaxes but sounds like muddled garbage and HHH's vocals just make everything worse.

S U N B A T H E R

is unironically better

>Feb. of the year of our Lord 2017
>people are still attempting to pretend to like this album because "muh eclectic taste" or "muh black metal dialectic"

The only half-decent song on the album is Quetzalcoatl. Everything else is HHH stroking his dick and fanboys inflating his frayed foreskin.

go roll around in the gutter like the heap of garbage you are.

pretty sure OP is baiting and was hoping for a reply like this

>sounds like muddled garbage
well yeah, it's still black metal after all

>implying this isn't just feeding him some fresh pasta

>Quetzalcoatl
that's not Follow II
the noise synth in the second half is glorious

It's impossible.

S U N
B A T
H E R

that's not kel valhaal

Kel Valhaal > Follow I > Quetzalcoatl > Follow II > Reign Array > Vitriol > Total War > Father Vorizen Haelegen > Fanfare

Why do people like this still pretend to hate Hunter?

Come my Fanatics... was my first EW album. It fucking blew my mind.

cuz he's qt and they ugly

that album isnt metal op you fucking fag

DUDE CREEPY STATUES LMAO

tired of bands putting no effort into their artwork

lmao, too easy pleb

lmao dude who cares about artwork

LMAO DUDE RIGHT

lmao dude but seriously, only pedantic posers do

you have not the slightest clue what that image signifies. think of the cultural, sociopolitical, and religious conotations of an angel. think of what it means to represent one in stone in a 3 dimensional context. analyze what it might mean in regards to male phantasy in freudian terms of becoming one with the world around you. when one views an idealized human form that exists in the same 3 dimensional realm as oneself yet represents an abstract idea that is supposed to exist outside of oneself shit gets crazy. then again one is reminded it is a photograph in the sense that it is undeniably hotographic one sees the light source, the depth of field... think of what that means again when that image is distributed on the internet as a digital file. as thousands of digital files representing pixels on computer screens across the world. i cant even wrap my head around it exactly but its deep as shit.

pretty much all of them

this is the most fedora shit i've read so far this year

fuckin lol

only intellectuals, philosophers, and art theoriests like liturgy

Dirt - Alice in Chains

Underrated as fuck.

this is true, HHH trips confirm
this is the mindset of all liturgy haters

I could just name any metal album

He's such a nice boy

What the fuck is this shit?

Defs reccing this.

This is more for the more esoteric listeners.
youtube.com/watch?v=FeohN5JMeYY

Literally anyone can make a better metal album than this

given they have hunter's grasp on harmony, sure

not even close the artwork of the arkwork is about religious imaginary being sold like a product

Not a metal fan, but based on some songs I've heard, anything by Pig Destroyer, Dillinger Escape Plan and !T.O.O.H.!

I'm also guessing whatever anyone post ITT is also correct; that album isn't really anything especial and doesn't add anything to any genre they explore, I don't even think is their best.

Why did I get a weird feel from this. I think I know what you mean.

this is what post-irony should be, lads

Why is so much metal album artwork so fucking tryhard? This one not included

Karnivool is legitimately fantastic

how did I know this thread would be about 10% stuff I've heard of, 30% stuff I haven't heard of and 60% stuff I don't know if I've heard of because I can't read the name on the album cover.

probably this.