Why do people treat this sudointellectual like he's the second coming of Christ?

Why do people treat this sudointellectual like he's the second coming of Christ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0g0PMDYjk6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sudointelllectual
sudo kill yourself

I don't know. Joni Mitchell is far more talented in every aspect.

>Lyrically and melodically more talented
Try again son

Cause he's cool

treated*
And it's because he was charismatic, mysterious and because he was an icon for the protest movements and the media milked that out so much

Why do people treat this pseudointellectual OP like he's worth replying to?

boom headshot

Don Juan's Reckless Daughter is more conceptually ambitious and successful than anything Bob Dylan's ever attempted.

And I know you motherfuckers have only listened to Blue and think of Joni as "le big yellow taxi cab blonde folksy lady" so I'll spoil the surprise for you:

17-minute jazz-folk-prog song called "Paprika Plains" about alcoholism on Native American reservations that features a string section and Jaco Pastorius on bass

but okay sure Bob Dylan wrote "Mr. Tambourine Man" and picked up an electric guitar when all the new york hipsters thought electric guitars were for poseurs

Here you go, fucking "Paprika Plains." I'll take the fucking Pepsi challenge with that "Visions of Johanna" and "Desolation Row" shit.

>b-but Bob Dylan got booed once

At the time it was released, Don Jaun's Reckless Daughter was the most returned record of all time. Mostly because of this track.

youtube.com/watch?v=0g0PMDYjk6I

kek this post sucks

well maybe if it can keep on sucking for fifty straight years it'll get a nobel prize for literature

BOOM. roasted

damn...

I like Joni but that's just wrong.

You do realize the only reason it was even possible for her to make songs like that, is because of Dylan, right?

>Being this much of a contrarian

>she writes political songs with overrated bassists

That's supposed to make her better?

I dont get your point. Its better cuz less people liked it?

Why is it an either/or situation?

Joni and Bob's approach to songwriting is so vastly different, but they're both incredible.

hey that's pretty humorous.

I don't know, but I do know that he actively disapproves of being treated like a musical god or, worse still, like a great moral teacher.

I like him for what he is, an artist who made some good art.

I understood that reference fellow Mint Linux user!

I think there's a case to be made

Bob really *is* pretty mystical and hard to interpret a lot of the time while Joni has a great talent for making the listener understand how she feels and making a strong impact

I don't think Dylan has ever matched songs like A Case of You, The Last Time I Saw Richard or Barangrill in terms of effective personal and emotional self expression - for me Mitchell is unrivaled as a lyricist in how she can make a clearly female viewpoint feel absolutely relatable

Dylan is a poet, but the more he speaks the less you know who Dylan the person really is