Friendly reminder it doesn't matter they're using microtonal tuning when they're just making 9 more generic garage...

Friendly reminder it doesn't matter they're using microtonal tuning when they're just making 9 more generic garage psych songs.

Other urls found in this thread:

___uploaded_._net___/file/___ovgaxwy2
youtube.com/watch?v=RobhSr2bozU
youtube.com/watch?v=nC7ii3Ir-no
youtube.com/watch?v=PUZn1I6llJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

did this need to be a thread? couldn't you have just kept that thought in your head and enjoyed it there?

No it needed to be a thread

if you insist

It really didn't add anything to their music.

they literally aren't playing in western scales anymore

Anyone have a download link ?

What a stupid ass band. Why would you listen to this shit when you can listen to Ghost?

What the fuck? Their music isnt even remotely similar. I enjoy both bands but I dont see how they are at all related

Lol, you wouldn't understand then

Requesting this

i agree that theyre getting overhyped but not to lame impala's degree. theyre not really pretending to be more than they are either, its pretty unpretentious, just trendy like garage rock

Took a while but this is the only one I found
___uploaded_._net___/file/___ovgaxwy2
remove underscores ofc

Thanks

That's just unpretentious fun psych rock music. It doesn't have to be original or avant garde. It just have to sound good.

Stop being a fucking cunt and enjoy stuff dude.

~SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC~ >_

There's literally nothing wrong with enjoying something. If you want to make a thread specifically for not-enjoying something you can go ahead.

Lol yall fell for all the Sup Forums spam and didn't realize this is nothing but a meme band.

Protip: This is the Disney channel version of psych rock. It's cringe.

It made it trippier

This thread is full of idiots

If you weren't told they were doing it you wouldn't have noticed.

Is this all modern music has to offer? muh microtones?

Sad.

It's literally 2017, why anybody gives a single thought to psych and garage rock is beyond me. Some of the most boring music I've ever heard

>14 posters in 22 posts
More like 1 or 2 anons are feeding a bait thread.

I feel the same way about hip hop my dude. Then again no one is forcing me to listen to hip hop, so I just don't. Maybe you could try that with garage rock.

You'd have to be deaf to not hear microtones.

what do you listen to? please for the love of god don't say hip hop or edm

>This is the Disney channel version of psych rock. It's cringe.
This isn't Tame Impala

It's almost like different people have different musical preferences and don't care if people say they shouldn't?

Pretty good album 8/10

Not as good as Nonagram or Paper Mache, but still pretty good

doom city tho

t. rockists who know deep down that anything "rock" is part of a dead genre and their favorite bands will never be relevant again

You having a bad day user? It's gonna be okay.

Having a pretty good day, just got a haircut and a new jacket plus it's Friday

>im-fucking-plying
Nigga if you think I'm a rockist you're out of your mind.

Awesome enjoy your weekend :)

Microtones sound god awful.

I think that's probably a subjective thing down to acclimatization, for instance people who grew up in middle eastern cultures probably perceive microtonal scales differently from westerners. Because the twelve tone chromatic scale is so embedded into our heads, we round them to the nearest chromatic interval and hear it as that note out of tune.

round microtonal intervals, that is

WTF why the hate suddenly?!
does Andoni Fantmno or p4k gives them a 3.0?! did i miss something
It's as good as Nonagon.

They're excellent, and ya know what's really cool? It'll be the third album, and the third album sounds just like first one. So, you're guaranteed a good time, ya know? There won't be any surprises. No forward movement.

This isn't worthy of being pasta, stop.

No, it's just Sup Forums being Sup Forums

and Sup Forums hates psych rock and garage rock, so yeah.

Real patricians listen to every genre and decide that they like. Do not concern yourself with them

You don't know anything about microtones. The only reason you know that's what they're doing is because it's in the album name.

No, it's because they're very obvious.
Think about it, a song deviate for from the system you have been listening to music forever with?
How do you possibly think someones going to miss that???

it's not though. All they've done with microtones is make generic garage psych sound out of tune.

sorry i'm not drinking the "king gizzard does everything different every time" koolaid. they don't. they've made the same record 8 times.

they really havent (it's only about 5 the same haha lol), but they are incredibly overrated

Honestly the only instrument on the album that really makes good use of mircotones is the piano. Everything else stays way too close to standard western scales and chords.

Yeah dude this:
youtube.com/watch?v=RobhSr2bozU

Sounds just like:
youtube.com/watch?v=nC7ii3Ir-no

which sounds JUST like:
youtube.com/watch?v=PUZn1I6llJs

Man, this post makes me happy I'm not tone deaf

People have such a varied reaction to this band, it's crazy.

Have any of you seen them live? They're insanely accomplished. I don't give a shit if all 5 studio albums they plan on releasing this year end up being Nonagon clones.

Also, their music is incredibly detailed and imaginative. I challenge all the "generic psych" naysayers to back their bullshit up with specific evidence.

why is henry rollins so based

Ghost is nothing like this and sucks fucking ass

>Ghost is nothing like this
i'm not that dude but even though they have no stylistic elements in common, they are comparable in the sense that they are both celebrated within their respective genres for putting the form to imaginative use, and sort of exploding the form's cliches to maximum/subversive potential

>and fucking sucks ass
wtf no. these are miraculous artists that everybody should be proud to have been alive to witnessed.

desu it sounds pretty normal except the occasional sour note

If you think garage rock is unpretentious you've never been to a gig in your life