The great debate

The great debate

slayer

>meal

Metallica switched to hard rock, made one of the shittiest albums of the 2000s and scorned their fanbase for not "getting" Lulu

Megadeath at least sticks to their roots

trade kirk for mustaine keep james and cliff kick lars out and get the guy from testament or exodus or slayer even just anybody else really and maybe trade james for the first anthrax guy or exodus guy

>Metallica

Because they released Ride the Lightning.

megadeth are damn good at what they do but not very experimental

metallica is just shit after injustice for all

Testament

Anthrax

Metallica's 80s albums > Megadeth's 80's albums

Megadeth's 90s albums (mainly the first 3) > Metallica's 90s albums

Megadeth 00s > Metallica 00s

HTSD > Megadeth's last 3 albums

MESHUGHASHHA

The only record among the I still listen to is KIMB, so Megadeth I guess.

>not very experimental
Megadeth objectively have covered more ground from a songwriting/composition perspective. Metallica has for the majority of their career stuck to the same few notes on the same side of a guitar. If you prefer Metallica that's fine, but to claim this when evidence shows otherwise is disingenuous.

but i actually like megadeth better. i just don't feel like the did much to realy change up the formula they just did it very well.

>Megadeth's 90s albums (mainly the first 3) > Metallica's 90s albums
Most shit beats Metallica's 90s albums though.

Overkill.

Pantera.

>this fucking guy
lmao

Megadeth 100%.

Fuck Meme-tallica. They're protesting by playing with Lady Gay-Gay at the Grammy's or something. If you watch that documentary on them 'Some Kind of Monster' it is impossible to retain respect for them.

the newer metallica albums are pretty much back to their roots, the members have mellowed out and are no where near as pretentious as they were in the Lulu phase (which I think should be regarded as a mid-life crisis album, also it's a terrible album and this is coming from a fan of Lou Reed, noise rock, and industrial rock) and most of their fan base have forgiven them it seems.

You boys are hilarious.

CTE and RISK were similarly closer to hard rock like Load/Reload were. They also did ballad acoustic stuff (Tout Le Monde) similar to like The Unforgiven series. Metallica used an electric sitar, but played the same damn chords they always do, while Megadeth had already been using scale modes to sound far more exotic. Megadeth also went a step further in a couple records where it sounds like some kind alt rock/NWOBHM album (but done their style) like Youthanasia. One can make an argument for LuLu, but listening to it, the riffs are obviously still standard Metallica. Just because Metallica wasn't received as well for branching out, just because Megadeth also released a lot more records that are also thrashy, just because Megadeth still maintained their identity to an extent, and just because a lot of their realm of experimentation isn't immediately noticeable, doesn't equate to them having not gone as far. In fact, I would say that "hard rock + Megadeth" is far more ultimately experimental than "generic bluesy hard rock" that Metallica ventured to.

Megadeth all the way.

both bands are liberals, also take that shit to Sup Forums, who gives a fuck?

dave mustaine is a born-again christian and i'm pretty sure he's a conservative

Mustaine is a devout born-again and highly conservative.

well, at least some one has an actual musical argument, unlike the rest of the thread, which just argues image and poilitics.

Tornado of Souls sounds a lot like a Stained Class track. The chord progressions and guitar tone remind one of White Heat, Red Hot.

James Hetfield is a gun toting redneck conservative as well. Lars however is an elitist liberal artfag and Kirk is just a California hippie.

though I will say that all those "just because"s at end there makes it hard to follow your argument and is actually rather cringy, maybe you should have thought how to word it a bit better.

Mustaine is not only a turbo-conservative, he's a full-on Sandy Hook-truther crazy person.

nigga i will kill you

James Hetfeild may be a gun toting redneck, but he's not a conservative in the way most americans use the word these days
also who gives a fuck
also

>but he's not a conservative in the way most americans use the word these days
Neither is Trump, but hey, who cares, right?

>though I will say
I get wonky service in my bathroom in my phone, so when I am taking a shit it's hard to post here, so I tried to find a way to summarize.

what? Trump is the personification of the stereotype of the modern censervative, he hates people of other races, he hates gays, he wants to cut off the US from most other countries, I could go on

your "way to summarize" is hard to read and is longer than it would have been to just say the things out right so you didn't really accomplish your goal, did you?

Okay, I can see by " a conservative in the way most americans use the word these days" you meant "Strawman Republican I heard on the Daily Show", so all possibility of rational discussion has ended here.

Nope. Also wtf I just noticed this topic Sup Forums as fuck all of a sudden.

what else would I have meant? it's how actual people that identify themselves as "conservatives" see themselves now even, sadly this is the reality of the current mentality over here, America is in a dark time.

For all the world that Trump has a very diverse White House staff with women, people of color, thought there was a gay guy in there somewhere too.

in all honesty, who cares, this is a troll thread anyhow, people make this same thread over and over all the time. It's like the "why do you like grimes, I bet it's just because she one of your shitty waifu" type threads.

he doesn't hate black people, he hates middle eastern people and latinos.

no, people of other races does not instantly mean black people, anyhow this entire thread should be on Sup Forums

How cute, he thinks "Muslim" is a race.

Both are good. I dig more Megadeth. Has a punkier attitude, like dave is just pissed off and plays fast and doesn´t give a fuck with no pretentious. Metallica has been pretty pretentious since MOP, still a good album along AJFA. Both band did shit records in the 90s-2000s but metallica just was JUST. Last record wise goes to Metallica i admit.

Also, i like when i hear the bass.

Both are shit.