Nirvana or Oasis?

Nirvana or Oasis?

Blur

Nirvana easily

The Prodigy

a

Would Kurt kill himself again if he came back alive and this was the first thing he saw?

Wow is that picture real? When was that taken? Kurt looks like he's already dead

Only correct answer.

Noel explains "Live Forever"-- "It was during the height of grunge. I hear Nirvana has this song out called 'I Hate Myself and I Want To Die', and I thought 'Fuck no, I'm not having that'. Even back when I didn't have a pot to piss in, I always looked forward to getting up each morning."

Ok so where's the good option?

Well Oasis have more than one good album so I'll go with them.

It's kinda worth mentioning though that Noel was actually a fan of Nirvana, which is funny when you consider how guys like Damon Albarn and Jarvis Cocker were sperging out at the mere mention of grunge back in the mid-90's.

Two good albums. As much as Nirvana. :^)

go to bed damon

>Billy Corgan fucked Courtney Love and cucked Kurt
>now Noel is fucking Kurt's daughter

life is full of nice surprises

*two less than nirvana had

>Frances Bean Cobain has stated that she does not much care for grunge music such as Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Soundgarden and instead prefers Oasis.

I wouldn't be surprised that a typical Millenial chick would prefer Oasis's sugary pop rock to loud, dire angst music like AiC.

In Utero's ok tho
Anyhow, thoughts on Herbie's solo in Hunter and the Hunted?

Oasis were all about being loud. Few ballads but they definitely weren't a pop band.

when is she gonna meet liam

Who is the kid?

Yeah most of that 90s alt rock sounds pretty dated, partly because it's very guitar-heavy and that kind of music is dead nowadays. Oasis haven't dated as badly and their approach feels somehow more modern even though they were around in roughly the same era.

I used to like AiC and Korn in the 90s when I was an angsty, suicidal 15 year old. I listen to something like Man In The Box now and think "What the fuck is this shit? I can't believe I thought this was cool at one point."

Turn On the Bright Lights [Matador, 2002]

They bitch because everybody compares them to Joy Division, and they're right. It's way too kind, and I say that as someone who thanks Ian Curtis for making New Order possible. Joy Division struggled against depression rather than flaunting it, much less wearing it like a designer suit. What's truly depressing is that, just as the hairy behemoths of the grunge generation looked back to the AOR metal they immersed in as teens, these fops tweak the nostalgia of young adults who cherish indistinct memories of much worse bands than Joy Division, every one of them English--Bauhaus, Ultravox, Visage, Spandau Ballet, Tears for Fears. At a critical moment in consciousness they exemplify and counsel disengagement, self-seeking, a luxurious cynicism. Says certified British subject Peter Banks: "Emotions are standard and boring. I'd like to find another way to live." That's thinking either big or very small. C+

Never thought how similar Kurt and Noel are.

Neither are particularly good guitarists but can write killer melodies which carried their music.

what kind of gay question is this? wasn't Oasis like some shitty one hit wonder who broke up because the two brothers were both whiny bitches?

Noel can't write a riff to save his life, though he has some decent psychedelic rock solos. Kurt very much could do riffs, but solos were beyond him for the most part.

>one hit wonder
no
>broke up because the two brothers were both whiny bitches
yes

Blur

>Supersonic
>Slide Away
>Some Might Say
i understand what you're getting at, but to call him a complete hack when it comes to all riffs is a bit much

but i understand, given his plagiarism accusations. but so were there mang plagirism accusations against Led Zep and Jimmy Page

At least with Led Zeppelin their ripoffs were from lesser known songs. Oasis blatantly ripped off relatively well known songs.

>Oasis blatantly ripped off relatively well known songs

Shakermaker and?

Nothing else is really blatant. Just simple chord progressions used all over rock music.

Nah, Nevermind and Bleach were shit. In Utero was pretty fucking good though.

Oasis were influenced more by The Beatles and The Who (and probably The Stone Roses on Definitely Maybe), so their material probably sounds more "timeless" for lack of a better word. However the brickwalled production on their first couple of albums has aged pretty badly.

Cigarettes & Alcohol is basically just Get It On by T. Rex, which itself is heavily inspired by Chuck Berry's Little Queenie, so in essence it's a ripoff of two songs

Forgot about that. IIRC he ripped off Gary Glitter too.

Still though, I don't get the mass plagiarism thing. As song/harmony writers go, Noel is up there.

Songs with a lot of riffs and solos tends to date more, however much the stuff may be ear candy. Oasis have a sound more based on vocal melodies and textures (see, there's the Beatles connection).

It's not merely that riff/solo heavy songs date more, that kind of music as a whole doesn't really exist anymore and gives off that whole dadrock vibe.

I can kind of see a bit of Christgau's point when he says he doesn't like metal. A lot of the music he likes has aged better sound-wise.

>It's not merely that riff/solo heavy songs date more, that kind of music as a whole doesn't really exist anymore and gives off that whole dadrock vibe.

Grunge bands were all just paying homage to 70s AOR anyway. Dirt is the best Black Sabbath tribute album ever--AIC even toured with Ozzy.

>Oasis is simple music for alpha males and hot girls
>Nirvana is simple music for beta nu-males and pretentious bitches (some f them are hot)
whichisworse

This tbqh

Looks like Noel britpopped Kurt's wife's daughter's cherry

he looks at least 35 in that photo, but he died at 27.

Drugs. It's called drugs.

fpbp

at least its not blur. emems aside, i seriously hate blur so fucking much

this

Damn...

/thread/ and goodnight