Haven't seen this album being talked about even once. What do you think about it?

Haven't seen this album being talked about even once. What do you think about it?

I think you're new.
It's the NLDW of Godspped's discography.

It's still a solid album but really sticks out as different (not in a good way) than their other albums. Feels like a few ideas stretched too far into a new type of songwriting (developed instead of vignette-based, which they would do much more successfully with Allelujah)
Contrarians will say it's a hidden gem.

I love it as much as I loved NLDW, it's just that I see a lot of people talking about LYSFLATH and FA ∞ that it made me question how much of them have listened to this one.
Personally, I find it really enjoyable, although it may be hard to get into it in one listen.

This album is often talked about.

It's great, didn't find it that good at first but it grew on me. Also one of the few products of its time (Bush era) that don't suck.

The worst GY!BE album.
It is still above-average post-rock tho.

This album is my fav

MLDW is my fav DG album
And this is my favorite godspeed album

For me the problem is that while it's enjoyable to listen to, there's not much that really stays with me after I listen to it. Al their other albums have those "holy shit" moments (the shoegaze section of Sleep, the frenzy in Mladic, you know them all) where this really didn't. The best moments on YUXO are like the pretty good moments on their other albums.

its like the song static, except its longer and worse. but still very very good. the crescendos arent as prolific as on LYSF

I like the cover

I think it's Godspeed's best album easily, fantastic record.

What about the end of the album (Motherfucker=Redeemer Part 2)? Or the bombardment on Rocket Falls?

i sort of agree with both of you. While the highs arent as high as a lot of the highs on Antennas and FA infinity, the overall consistency of the album reminds me more of a comfy movie soundtrack. my favorite godspeed album but i see where it has its weaknesses.

It's good. Although it's message is basically FUCK BUSH! but it gets a pass because that was actually a controversial stance in 2002.

I'd say it's the GP of their discography, still great, but not the underrated 10/10 masterpiece contrarians are always hyping it up to be.

But every Godspeed cover is top tier.
They are the masters of anarchojewish aesthetics.

Their F#a#infinity album is the gltteriest candywrapper in the stormdrain.

Pretty boring except for Rockets

2nd best godspeed album

>worst

he didnt post Asunder

Best production. Thank you Albini.

Asunder is the pinnacle of neo-GY!BE.
Literally kill yourself.

It was produced by Albini?
THAT'S WHY IT SOUNDS LIKE FUCKING GARBAGE
FUCKING ALBINI STOP FUCKING UP EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH

That's basically what I was trying to say.
ty

I don't even know what the name of the album is or who it's by and even I know just from the front cover that it's talked about constantly senpai

good but forgettable except for those drums on motherfucker=redeemer