Name a better guitar album

Protip: you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vl8m8PzmdbA
youtube.com/watch?v=YXb6yNvbggs
youtube.com/watch?v=9YiGSmy0LvE
youtube.com/watch?v=MXBIKN4GyEg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's just the same hook for the whole song every song. Protip: that doesn't make it great guitar

Guru Guru - UFO
DIIV - Is The Is Are

on a technical level yeah, but as a "guitar album" i'd probably go with Daydream Nation

I can literally name three just off the top of my head

>Built to Spill - Perfect From now on (the GOAT)
>Dinosaur Jr - YLAOM( All about tone)
>Converge - Jane Doe(Just listen to it)

Marquee Moon is good but not the best

There's a lot of good guitar on it, but the biggest appeal for me has always been Verlaine's vocal lines and words. He's an oddly evocative singer with good melodic intuition.

Django Reinhardt - Djangology
Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
Glenn Branca - The Ascension
John McLaughlin - Extrapolation
Sonny Sharrock - Ask The Ages
any of Pepe Romero's performances of Concierto De Aranjuez
any album that has a half decent performance of Asturias on it

I love the dinosaur jr album so ill check out the other two, but i wont deny that i prob put marquee moon at a higher status because of nostalgia as well.

All three are literally incredible albums, have fun dude

>>Dinosaur Jr - YLAOM( All about tone)
>>Converge - Jane Doe(Just listen to it)
these are two of my favorite albums but marquee moon's guitarwork is superior

Thanks, i added some of them to my list. Listening to sharrock rn, its pretty good.

Not a fan of krautrock, tried it several times and it just isnt for me. I added the diiv album though, i listened to one song and liked it, thanks

I could see you disagreeing with dino jr if maybe you took actual playing over tone, but Marquee Moon over Jane Doe? Really? Man idk, I think the guitars on Phoenix In Flames are absolutely incredible and show the variety and talent in Kurt's playing. Like maybe I would put Marquee Moon ahead if Phoenix in Flames weren't on Jane Doe but IMO that one song pushes it over.

Not that guy, but Converge brings far more variety and energy in their riffs on a track to track basis, and they keep their solos/fills short since having long ones doesn't really add much to the experience they were going for. MM actually has solos and shit, but I would argue that those aren't that great of solos to begin with, kinda lacking in variety as well compared to the giants of cool solo guitar bits from classical or jazz music.

Not either one of those guys, im OP but could you reccomend one of the jazz albums youre referencing? I always hear about the godly jazz guitar albums but i dont know what to start with

No problem

Only here to help, not to troll

So what albums do you suggest for someone who hasnt listened to any jazz guitar

Already posted Django and Sharrock earlier. Other cool stuff include the albums under Jazz guitar on this guide, also John Scofield's Blue Matter.

Oh and that John McLaughlin I already posted as well.

Also, if you're also curious in the interestingly timed guitar riffs that aren't solos on Marquee Moon, post-hardcore bands like Slint and Fugazi are a great place to go to as they are the ones that went on to develop that style further.

Oh i didnt realize that was you that posted it, but the list is helpful thanks for that. I love spiderland and repeater, listened to them about a few years ago.

This thread has introduced me to good albums so far. Just wanted to thank OP and all the helpful anons for the suggestions. Can't wait to hear these throughout the night

OP so not gonna take the credit from anons for suggesting the albums but glad you could benefit from it too user. I usually only post on here when my list is getting dry

Interpol - TOTBL

>calling anything by diiv a better guitar album than fucking television

Listening now, obstacle 1 is pretty good so gonna add to my list, thanks user

Owls - Owls
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Durutti Column - Return of the Durutti Column

Guitar on Marquee Moon leagues ahead of everything posted so far in this failure of a thread

t. Person with such a short attention span that they can't pay attention to more sophisticated guitar work.

Second Coming - Stone Roses

Insane guitar playing throughout

Soft Machine - Bundles
Allan Holdsworth - I.O.U.
UK - UK
Shakti - Natural Elements
Camel - The Snow Goose
Genesis - Selling England by the Pound
Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow
Larry Coryell - Barefoot Boy
Al Di Meola - Elegant Gypsy
Grant Green - Idle Moments
Mike Stern – Standards (and Other Songs)
Herb Ellis & Joe Pass - Two for the Road
Bill Frisell - Have a Little Faith

The Empyrean by John Frusciante

RIP Nick Menza

Aside from being a fantastic guitar album, everyone on that album was on their A game. Fantasic from start to begining.

Daydream Nation
Loveless

Every Mick Barr project ever.

>Television Marquee Moon
>Guitar album

What did OP mean by this?

anything by john fahey or django reinhardt

This, bitches

Easy

The best.

>Perfect From Now On (GOAT)
This.

He's letting his hair touch his guitar strings, that's disgusting.

doug martsch is so underrated as a guitarist. same for isaac brock, must be a genre thing.

why and how can you fucking say that a DIIV album could be ever be good as a television album, never in my life I was disrespectful with the music taste of others, even in Sup Forums but fuck you, really, fuck you and all those indie kids who listen to this shitty music.

and also verlaine was a great lyricist too so that really adds to the album too

GLENN FUCKING BRANCA
THE FUCKING ASCENSION

I can even name a better Post Punk guitar album.
youtu.be/vl8m8PzmdbA

marc ribot's ceramic dog - party intellectuals
youtube.com/watch?v=YXb6yNvbggs

youtube.com/watch?v=9YiGSmy0LvE

youtube.com/watch?v=MXBIKN4GyEg