Where is a nation which invents the most useful gun?

Where is a nation which invents the most useful gun?

i recommend Germany. Germans are smartass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NZfoXEgLBuA
youtube.com/watch?v=BJtaBmKq-Xc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Be G36
>Dump two magazines
>The plastic surrounding the barrel extension warped from the heat and now your POI's shifted off somewhere else
>Dump another two magazines
>POI shifts again

And before anyone says HK416, it's a piston AR-15 that can't even take a folding stock.

That gun looks like it isn't balanced very well. Also Swiss guns are neat

The balance on that would probably be fine without the grenade launcher. Grenade launchers fuck every gun's balance.

Belgian guns are cool.

>Bundeswehr wants the gun as light as possible
>complaints about accuracy problems due to barrels overheating

Kraut Space Magic

The charging handle is still pretty neat. Although I'd still ditch it in favor of an AR-15 style one if only so you didn't have to have the carry handle and could lower the height of the sights over the bore.

>not using REVOLUTIONARY caseless ammo

C'mon now, bud.

We future now

Dumping some roller-delay

Behold, the 80s incarnate.

>Highway to the dangerzone starts playing

I think Austrian guns are pretty underrated.

What is FN Herstal up to?

>tfw our last manufacture d'armes closed 10 years ago because nobody bought FAMAS

Although I have to say that the Type 38/Type 99 are probably the best bolt action rifles of WW2.

Anything branded "Browning" or "Winchester" is probably made by one of their subsidiaries.

FNM (a subsidiary based in Columbia, SC) makes barrels for just about everyone here in the US.

Always trying to sell the SCAR to militaries, but nobody's buying except for rich civvies here who want to be operators.

FN2000 was pretty much a flop.

I'm not sure any major government has bought any of their pistols recently.

Also they were the ones to manufacture the last batch of M4A1s for the US.

They do make good machine guns. Not sure if they've done more than make replacement parts for them in the past twenty years though.

Italy for best revolver

Those things are sexy but the insides look like a German tried to "improve" on an already-complicated Swiss watch.

Have some Russian gats.

That looks so excessive for .357, I was expecting it to be .50 revolver.
Looks pretty cool tho.

And some actual ones.

As I post this I would like to mention that AKs can and will malfunction. They aren't magic.

Just because I'm a Russian doesn't mean I like the kalash and its derivatives. I actually find it a pretty shit gun. It looks and feels like it was made from a repurposed and remolten moskvich hood. Not much going for it besides being a poorfag gun of the people. I prefer murikan six-shooters desu. They are just as simple, but infinitely more loud and sexy.

Woops, that's not the .gif I thought I had.

Oh well.

Fair enough. I don't have many pictures of wheelguns though.

>AKs can and will malfunction. They aren't magic.

lies and slander

The triggers on these are awful but they can be fucking sexy in the right setting.

The only reason to live in your country is the gun laws. I sometimes cry at night because I can never legally own anything besides a shitty hunting 12 gauge. The most I can hope for is a Saiga, which is nice, but I will have to go through thousands of hoops. Muh Walker :c

Czech these dubs.

Sorry mate, your AK knockoff will explode in your face.

Yeah, you've got like a five year wait until you can own anything rifled, right?

pls buy

I know that feel

They are extremely versatile

>Kniegelenkverschluss

Actually the only similarity that has to an AK is the ergos. The insides are completely different.

redpill me on glocks

Not "anything" rifled, just a hunting rifle. Not even a fucking sidearm, unless I served in the army and am in police or something. Considered buying off illegit markets, but tovarish mayor will probably fuck me in the ass if he catches me with a shooter, and why else would I get a gun other than shoot shit in a local forest or something?

Wow, is that a pin? A pin that doesn't fall out? It's 2017 and Izhmash still can't figure out how to make those.

America, by far. First of all, the tilting barrel browning system is used in practically all locked breach pistols. John Moses Browning played a massive role in the development of modern firearms and his contributions are still used to this day in most guns. In many ways the Austrian Glock is the final simplification of the semi auto pistol and many other companies have produced their own guns that operate similarly. It took much longer for semi-auto pistols to reach convergent evolution than revolvers, but they're at that point.

The AR-15 is the standard by which all automatic rifles are judged. Its worldwide prevalence is a testament to how influential it was and remains. It's used by many modern military forces across the globe, and the modular meme has spread from it to many other rifles. Most new rifles these days are internally an AR-18, which was the cheap export version that made a number of improvements. The G3, which you posted, is internally almost identical to an AR 18.

In other areas and genres of firearms, though, other countries were more influential. For example, the German Mauser action is by far the most successful bolt action design. The Germans also developed many of the effective machine gun designs. The M60 is internally very similar to a shitty MG42.

Many of the recent innovations and trends in small arms technology are propelled by the US consumer market due to its size and how competitive it is compared to other markets.

Pic related, my collection.
>M16A1 (parts kit build)
>Swedish M38 mauser
>Mosin 91/30
>Chinese Type 56 (SKS)
>Mossberg 590A1
>Ruger 10/22
>Smith and Wesson 28-2
>Ruger LC9s Pro
>Mauser C96
>CZ 75 BD
Ruger Mk. III

Saved

What's the requirements to get anything that's self-loading, rifled or not?

I love revolvers more than anything.

return to sender

>The G3, which you posted, is internally almost identical to an AR 18.

I hope you mean G36

Captive pins are a wonderful thing, tovarisch.

Also, you hear it you lose.

>hispanic
>gaudy shit
like pottery

I did, of course. If he posted a G3 it wouldn't be anything like an AR-18

To own it as a civvie? You can't. You could own a semi-auto sidearm, I think, but you have to have ties to the army and law enforcement, I think. Other than that, Saiga is self-loading, but you have to be a member of a hunting club for five years at least, and pass tests and medical checkups that cost money.

Rifle for civil shit. Sight sawed off up to 200 meters. The pin is inserted into the barrel to the military can not shoot bullets. Or step rifling the bullet tumbling and increased after 200 meters. Clip no more than 10 rounds. Automatic fire is out. In cartridges for civil less powder than in military cartridges.
All that is not converted from SKS or AK is the price the car.

Swiss guns were generally good, although understandably none ever went through a real trail by fire to prove themselves.

But some were very questionable.

Even the italians had a better SMG

Peaльнo? He тoлькo пpидeтcя oтcocaть тoнны хyeв, тaк eщe и пoдcoвывaют кaкoe-тo гoвнo? I feel even more betrayed.

Yeah, I know they require you do something weird to the chamber. It's almost like it's got a step in it, so that any ejected casings can be ID'd as being fired from a civvie-legal gun.

I know Molot converts a bunch of SKSs to being civvie-legal. Pretty straightforward process. Grind off the bayonet lug and replace the rear sight with one that's only graduated out to however many meters.

Why they're concerned with someone being able to hit at 400+ meters with a rifle chambered 7.62x39 that isn't especially accurate to begin with is beyond me.

Behold the riced out Mosin.

Либo изнacилoвaнный CКC c штифтoм в cтвoлe и oтпилeнным бoлгapкoй пpицeлoм, либo Tигp зa 60+ килopyблeй. И пaтpoны бeз лaкa, ecли нaмoчил-пopoх oтcыpeвaeт.

Yes, the shooting of civilian rifles required. Bullets and shells from each sold rifles stored in the evidence. In addition, there is no place to shoot. For shooting in the woods as a fined or accused of poaching and confiscated rifles.

>why russian legislation is retarded is beyond me
Same here, bro, same here.

>pic
Wait, if it's a Mosin, how do you put bullets into it? It's loaded from where the scope is, so do you have to remove scope every time? So much rice.

But why own a gun if you can't shoot it?

>In addition, there is no place to shoot.

This is sad. I know in Finland there's an action shooting sport taking off. I don't know the actual name for it but it translates to "reserve shooting" or something. Not sure of the rules.

Action shooting is sorta like this, although the rules and stages differ depending on the competition.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZfoXEgLBuA

In the barrel drilled and inserted carbide pin. He scratches the bullet when fired. This forensic mark. Prerequisite for military rifles converted. From pin accuracy becomes worse.

Brazilians aren't hispanic.
I like all kinds of revolver.

You can load the magazine from the top one at a time without a stripper clip.

Have a UK-legal wheelgat.

>loading a mosin without a clip
Is that even legal

For hunting or self-defense at home.

AK's are a lot more effective than an old six-shooter though. AKs are the drug dealers's favorite weapon here.

>n the barrel drilled and inserted carbide pin. He scratches the bullet when fired.

That is interesting. Didn't know that.

Over here there's been some push in California to require all new handguns that are added to the roster (otherwise not legal to ship into the state) to have a firing pin which "microstamps" the primer with some kind of ID mark.

Which is dumb for obvious reasons. I'm just glad I don't like in Cali.

what is that coming out the back? a counterweight?

BACKBLAST AREA CLEA-

It makes the british government believe it's a rifle rather than a pistol, like "arm braces" make an SBR a pistol in the US.

That, and it brings the gun further out to the legal minimum OAL for it to be a "rifle."

You can get semi-auto pistols like that too, but they have to be in .22lr

Belgians make the best weapons, this is not debatable.

I know, but I'm not a fucking soldier and I can't own either. Sixers are sexy and have large bullets, AKs are fugly and have wimp 5.56 ammo. That's all.

>this will never be developed further

Worst timeline

U.S.A
They're the one's with a large civilian market and the strongest military market. The AR platform is so widely used and robust that there isn't really competition.

The government is afraid that someone will shoot a high-ranking official from the rifle.
Moreover, all that is shorter than 0.8 meters illegally. If there is a folding butt the gun should not shoot if the stock closed.

I understand, in France I can buy old revolvers legally without a permit, assault rifles are a little more tricky. I own a Pietta 1851 navy and a Chamelot-Delvignes 1873.

>AKs are fugly and have wimp 5.56 ammo

Most AK's have 7.62 and 5.45 ammo. It's not wimpy at all, it's all about the powder charge, barrel length and bullet design.

I have to agree, but right now they really don't have a niche. They charge too much for the SCAR. It should cost less than an AR-15 to produce, but they still insist that it's worth $5k.

What's the legislation on cap and ball revolvers like in Russia? They're tons of fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJtaBmKq-Xc

Muzzle-loaded anything isn't even considered a gun here; get it shipped to your house, buy it from the store with no red tape, nothing.

non patriot

i see, thank you!

>5,56
Фaк oфф peтapд

You can get expert testimony that your old (over 100 years), the gun is not a weapon but a museum piece. But it's expensive.
Shoot them out of it can not. For storage of gunpowder - prison. Bullets and caps are sold freely.

What does the conformist W mean in cyrilic again?

This letter means "sh"

pistols are useful

Buttguns are useful too.

>For storage of gunpowder - prison

Been looking into the specifics of this, but I can't find any relevant legislation on this. Help me out? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

german autism materialized

Hey, our guns aren't that bad (now)!

>This is sad. I know in Finland there's an action shooting sport taking off. I don't know the actual name for it but it translates to "reserve shooting" or something.
Everything firearms-related in this country is dying a slow death; whether it be sport shooting, hunting or collecting, the government is (not surprisingly, given our track record on these matters) on a witch hunt against individual liberties. The amount of firearms permits granted has almost halved during the last decade, owing much to the unneccesary, across-the-board 2011 amendment to firearm legislation. As of yet, there is no light at the end of the tunnel.