Artists you've have bad experiences with?

Artists you've have bad experiences with?

I was at a Swans show (front row) an it was purely amazing but sometime during the show I decided to take a quick picture of Gira and HE FLIPPED SHIT on me... it was just a single picture. I wanted to keep a memory of an awesome moment ya know? But then I read more on Sup Forums that he does this very, very, very often. He yells at everyone I guess.

It was kinda hard to enjoy Swans for like a month after that because it always reminded me of that rather embarrassing moment... but it's apparently just a thing for him. Good thing I know never to do it again at least.

Still massive love for Gira, he was going through hard times with rape accusations.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=Gira yelled
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S65846960#p65847102
youtube.com/watch?v=dRl8EIhrQjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Still massive love for Gira
???

Ayy
Michael Gira, the lead vocalist of Swans.

There are a lot of stories of him yelling at people or taking their cell phones away

i know that lol im just tryin to give you a hard time

kek

what an asshole

glad im not getting tickets to a swans show

OP here, also to mention... I bought a vinyl and a shirt after the show and when I met him and I politely apologized he just didn't say anything and ignored me. Kind of funny I guess, he's just an angry dude. He signed my vinyl at least.

What a cunt.
Still, fuck phones. You shouldn't be taking pictures or snapping during a concert. It's fucking stupid

Why would he hate people taking photos of him? Happens at every gig ever. Huge douchebag move to flip on a fan who has paid money to see you.

Yeah I agree man. But.. Just a simple, really quick picture though... I loved the show.

That's Gira for you

Don't try and interact/meet him he's just a dick. Don't be offended.

It's hard to process the disgust I feel from your posts towards him. Stories like this takes bits and pieces away from the sentimental values I cherish of albums like White Light, it's a sham.

Also I see posts like this all the time, I keep losing respect for him.

I don't know if you're serious or not, but these kind of posts are elaborate meme. Gira is a nice dude actually.

well i´ve never went to a show where the guy is first doing the privileged cunt role to the audience and then expecting any sales, everyone i´ve seen has been really nice and respectful, especially if they´re someone huge

swans should start hanging out with deadmau5 since they both get a boner from trolling random people

why is it fucking stupid?

That's a very dumb decision, my best ever concert experience was a Swans concert and it was 10 times better than hearing any of their albums. You should really go. Also, Gira always stays to sign anything and maybe chat with fans a few hours after the show so he's not really that bad.

I saw Michael Gira at a grocery store in Los Angeles last year. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yelling really loudly.

Good bait reverse psychology master

>according to OP flips off audience, no chats afterwards
>bunch of middle aged whitemen
>best thing ever
i´ll rather get tickets to random nigga rapper live

Hahahaha Gira is a mad man

As people said, don't be offended.

My interaction with him went well but his face in my picture with him is priceless. He was rude as hell to other people, and during the show he freaked out on the audience for random shit. Everyone was just standing there giving their full attention idgi but hey at least you know now not to pull your phone out during a Swans performance. That still probably won't save you from getting yelled at. kek

I honestly think that yelling and having a temper tantrum is part of his performance. He even yelled at his drummer when I saw him last summer.

100/100 show though, mind bending

Signed my WL vinyl/poster as well, only Swans album I really love but... Glowing Man live was quite the experience.

Enjoy OP

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=Gira yelled

And start enjoying Swans again btw, it wasn't personal. Don't let his habits get you down.

So it appears he just kinda does this:
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S65846960#p65847102

I'm calling bull, it's all an act. Swans trying to be Swans.

That's degenerate and just kinda pathetic on his part. I don't even care what anyone says, fuck this guy. Especially this post triggered me. What a try hard. Literally GG Allin tier

yeah I'm not seeing them live, kek

>saw the Brian Jonestown Massacre back in 2012
>asked Ricky Maymi to play My Sharona as a joke
>he launches into a tirade about how I should be appreciating the fact that he's even there playing for me
>$40 tickets, overpriced merch
>Anton Newcombe smirking like the arrogant cunt he is

petty shit like this turned me off BJM, as well as Anton's pretty awful social media presence when he had a Facebook too

The infuriating part of OP's post is this

>tried to take a quick picture

oh fuck fripp don't kill me i swear i didn't vaguely remember a king crimson cover art

I sperged out and thanked him after the show I went to last fall and he shook my hand in a way which felt both like routine but also sincere.
I was on cloud nine for about two weeks after that.

Gira is my hero.

May someone pass me that Swans' discography guide pic ?

Basically same here, I told him the Glowing Man show was like a religious experience and he thanked me. Truly was. His stage presence is raw as fuck.

i've met the guy and this seems like actual bullshit

This is the garbage one btw

There's a much better flowchart somewhere

I once tried to take a picture of Jeff Mangum

got it

You've been ruse cruised.

Thank you , guys .

Doesn't matter and it's not bullshit.

I'm not lying you stupid faggot

He's really starting to bore me with this kind of edginess

Jeff would probably never really get angry at anyone except if he was having like an insanely shitty day.
I don't think he's ever been mad someone filming but sometimes he seems terrified of cameras, and just stares into them through like half of the song.

Sorry that happened but don't let it get you down, dude is fucked in the head, (very clearly and openly.)

Gira's such a cool guy. Shook my hand, signed my copy of Swans are Dead, took a pic with me, and even answered a few questions I had

Where / how did you meet him?

not him but i assume he met him by the merch table after a show

Gira looks super tall. Either that or you're short, idk

>Music for edgy Hipsters
>Lead Singer behaves like an edgy Hipster

What a surprise. He has probably seen some corny Youtube video like "look up" about how we don't experience reality anymore man because technology is evil. This Rapist should really stop sperging out at his shows and deflate his undeserved ego a bit. The sad part really is how pathetic OP is in letting himself get talked to like that AND THEN still give this man money AND apologize to the cunt.

I don't like Swans' music and everything I've heard about this guy makes him out to be a huge asshole.

Buddy Guy handed me a pick at a show.

>starting with soundtracks, ever
lmao

>What a surprise. He has probably seen some corny Youtube video like "look up" about how we don't experience reality anymore man because technology is evil.
You're a retard.
>This Rapist
You're trying way too hard.
>should really stop sperging out at his shows and deflate his undeserved ego a bit.
There's nothing wrong with calling out people who take photos at concerts. OP didn't deserve to get called out but he's a very rare exception. There are tons and tons of idiots who spend all of their time on their cellphones during concerts.
>The sad part really is how pathetic OP is in letting himself get talked to like that AND THEN still give this man money AND apologize to the cunt.
No, what's pathetic is your pointless whining. OP loves Michael Gira's music so he isn't gonna let one bad encounter ruin it. He has moved on instead of holding a petty grudge.

I've seen him twice. Amazing man. Fantastic guitar player, great guy, and hilarious.

yeah, it was after the show at the merch table.
combo of both. dudes tall, but I'm not very tall myself

He really was great. One of the best shows i've seen.

>takes a picture with flash

Great points you bring there buddy. Especially the futile name calling and labeling things that are unpleasant to realize for you as whining. The fact remains that you are a pathetic excuse of a man with zero self respect if you not only let yourself get treated like that over some menial bullshit but also try to crawl up afterwards and apologize and give him money. You would have probably did OP one better and offered him to fuck your wife too.

>futile name calling
Both of your posts are futile name calling.

Nope. I made points and clearly laid out WHY this is spineless behavior instead of just saying "you're retarded" which I could have. But I want to help OP behave like a man with dignity in the future by pointing out his submissive cuckoldry .

I've never seen them live, but just looking at him you feel pretty sure he's a cunt.

Damn, y'all are making me wanna see him.

Why?

he's a fucking lunatic
his music is great tho

I'm going to see the Swans at the roundhouse in May and I'm def going to take his picture after seeing this thread

Long time no see

You didn't lay out anything, you just insulted Gira and OP. Also, you ignored the fact that OP shouldn't have had his phone out in the first place. Gira's reaction was a bit extreme but justified.

Do it user, you'll have a great time and see a show you'll never forget.

Do phones at concerts trigger you? Hope you bring a therapy pony with you to hug when it all gets a bit too much to handle.

Nice, more futile name calling.

i love this pasta so much

Point out the name I called you in that sentence.

And now you're resorting to semantics.

michael gira is devil with anus mouth he do a rape to beautiful larkin she is innocent he is devil he tell the lie he play evil game of sex with larkin and he do it do evil gira rot in hell

>meet Gira at RI show
>"That was a great show"
>"Thank you"
>Shake hand firmly
>He doubles the firmness of the handshake and crushes my hand
>Respect for Gira multiplies

Never had the idea that if someone gives you a firm handshake, just crush their hand. A true legend, even his handshakes are no-wave.

Then it's decided. Thanks user for the inspiration.

Sounds to me like you're scrambling for an out user. Seriously though - why is it such a big deal if people take pictures at a concert as long as there's no flash?

No problem user, have fun.

The line for the current Swans tour is that it's the last one with the Swans in their current form. Has he said what's happening next? Just new solo stuff?

>Gira's reaction was a bit extreme but justified.

His Extreme Reaction to this shit makes it unjustified. A look of disapproval is all that would have been needed, but instead this asshole makes a point of shitting on his fans regularly. Everybody decides for themselves how they want to be treated and you apparently just want to be treated like a little bitch

I wouldn't give a shit if people just snapped a few photos. The problem is tons of idiots take snap billions of photos and spend the entire concert on their phones. If you're in the front row or in a moshpit it's easy to ignore but in every other situation it's an annoying distraction.

this. he's not actually insane. maybe a little bit in the 80s but he seems to have really chilled out since then.

Ah ok, that I can agree with.

Dude he handed me a pick once too. He also signed my copy of Living Proof at another show.

For an 80 year old man, he still sounds incredible. I've seen him 4 times and can't wait to catch him in Buffalo in April

>His Extreme Reaction to this shit makes it unjustified. A look of disapproval is all that would have been needed, but instead this asshole makes a point of shitting on his fans regularly.
He yells at people who take out their cellphones, it's not a big deal.
>Everybody decides for themselves how they want to be treated and you apparently just want to be treated like a little bitch
Stay triggered.

I dunno, Gira seems pretty nice to me. He wrote a song for me, and he seemed very down to earth in the video.

Why is it annoying? it has no effect on you whatsoever. You shouldn't get triggered over how people chose to enjoy things even if it makes you feel superior and "more authentic"

Stay a little boot licking Bitch

>Why is it annoying? it has no effect on you whatsoever.
A flashing screen is distracting which is annoying.
>You shouldn't get triggered over how people chose to enjoy things even if it makes you feel superior and "more authentic"
Nice projection.

I saw the Butthole Surfers' reunion show in Asbury Park, NJ in 2008. It was such a great show that some of my friends and I decide to see them again a week or two later in Philly. So, I'm in the crowd watching them set up, and Gibby points directly at me and calls me a faggot. I turn to my friend and I'm like, "Yo, Gibby just called me a faggot." I turn back to Gibby and he's just laughing his ass off at me.

I'm pretty sure he was just fucking with me because he recognized me from the last show. Paul Leary pointed at us and gave us a thumbs up as well. So, I wouldn't call it a bad experience, but I would have preferred that he not called me a fucking faggot.

That kind of shit literally hasn't happened since the 1980s as far as Gira goes. I'm super tired of the "le gira is so angry and edgy and he'll kill u xDDDDDD" meme. He's actually an extremely tempered and nice dude that's had kind of fucked up life

:^)

I highly doubt OP used flash as most people don't. Especially since most people take videos rather then pictures.

You probably think this is deep
youtube.com/watch?v=dRl8EIhrQjQ

probably because you paid him like $200

>He wrote a song for me
'This fucking faggot, by Gira'

>I highly doubt OP used flash as most people don't. Especially since most people take videos rather then pictures.
Cellphone screens can be pretty damn bright even without flash. If people lowered the brightness of their screens or conservatively took photos this wouldn't be an issue. The problem is no one ever lowers the brightness of their screens and tons of people will spend an entire concert on their cellphones.
>You probably think this is deep
No but I think your hipster accusations are pathetic.

well i dont think you should sit on your phone and record the whole thing but a picture and a short video are cool things to have to remind you of a great show, seeing your heroes