Twenty One Pilots

>everyone says they suck shit
>go check it out
>youtube.com/watch?v=r_9Kf0D5BTs&ab_channel=FueledByRamen
>it's a drum n bass beat
>that's fine
>rapping starts
>"This is not rap, this is not hip hop" line is embarrassing, but as far as rock/pop rock lyricism goes, it's fine
>prechorus at least sounds decent, even if they lyrics that reference gangsters just to subvert it is just really stupid hipster shit
>chorus is pop rock fare
>second verse has shitty lines like "Mindless zombies walking around with a limp and a hunch,
Saying stuff like, “you only live once.”
>in general it's just an edgy pop song
>it's not the bane of the earth
>it's not horrible
>it's just okay
>they deserve to be ignored, but not hated
Geez Sup Forums
They're at least slightly better than bands like Imagine Dragons, now that's some actual trash

Sup Forums just irrationally hates TOP because they were spammed here for a bit

Honestly they'd be a decent pop band if they cut some of the extreme edgy lines and either wrote better verses that competed with actual rappers' verses, or just stuck to singing, since he's a good singer.

I just had the worst thought but I think it's true
>add Logic to the group as a rapper so he can actually rap lyrics that are nerdy enough but also has enough emo(tional) qualities that appeals to the white girls
>this would be a decent pop band

"21 pilots is bad" is just meme

(You)

I've always thought TOP could be much better than they currently are but a lot of their potential is used exploring inane ideas (no more "reggae" tracks would be nice). If they tightened up their songwriting, took some literary classes to work on those fucking edgy lyrics and pulled influence from non-political sources their next project could be awesome. In the meantime, they straddle the line between acceptable and cringeworthy.

this is probably the worst post I've ever seen on mu

WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

they look like they're having a lot of fun

People like the people in this picture give me cancer

TO THE GOOD OLD DAAAAAAAYS

WHEN MAMMA SAID

cutie alert on the far left

us TO SLEEP but now wE'RE STRESSED OUUT

You mean the clown with the bowl cut? Yeah, kinda cute.

they're bleh

CAUSE NOW THE GUILT IS ALL MINE

>Tolerating mediocrity
Get off my board pleb

theyre real hip hop dont forget it

The Judge is catchy as fuck.

This board would be more popular if everyone wasn't such an autistic cunt and just let people enjoy fun music.

>linkin park with extra creamer and splenda

this
Their music is fun

Their music is catchy as fuck but catchy doesn't mean it's necessarily good

You nearly saved this thread

Their music, for the most part, is alright. It's the fucking Skeleton Clique that drives me up a wall.

Bump

but the question is - why?

also CHECK'M