Kstop

I want to address a serious question here? Why are these kpop general threads allowed on Sup Forums?
They're always there on the first page, and never really discuss any form of music at all. Not a single reply to these threads have anything to do with music, not even kpop music: it's literally only which painted clown looks the best.

These are Sup Forums tier threads and should most definitely not belong to a board dedicated to discuss music.

Also, why is kpop not just called "pop"?
There doesn't exist any "x-rock" or "y-jazz" based solely on the origin of the music?
What makes it an entirely different genre of its own?

krautrock is a thing

>What makes it an entirely different genre of its own?

it sounds different

>There doesn't exist any "x-rock" or "y-jazz" based solely on the origin of the music?

wrong

Okay, then perhaps that should be addressed as well.

It sounds different because it is in Korean?

Yeah, it very is much a thing. The aforementioned kraut-rock, J-Rock and Pop, and my personal favorite, ITALO-DISCO

Well, they don't have a board to go to. /jp/ is for japanese things, and Sup Forums is even below kpop tier.

So by that reasoning, in order to classify any song, we must not only identify its genre but also its country of origin?
How does that help us in any way?

Nah, because K-pop often has a distinct electro sound in comparison to other pop scenes. The sluttier songs (which is a damn lot of them) have some severe booty bass going on which you wouldn't hear in comparable American songs.

There would not have been an issue if they were discussing music. But what they do is off-topic.

You don't think cultural and geographical context is important?

If it is of such importance, then why not do that for every song? What hole does this context fill for you?

It would be great if you could site some examples. Also, if an American group used that "distinct electro sound" in their music, would they be classified as K pop?

We have this thread at least once a week, retard.

They're entirely self-contained and harmless. No one is forcing you to go inside their threads.

I want to address a serious question here? Why are these rap threads allowed on Sup Forums?

They're always there on the first page, and never really discuss any form of music at all. Not a single reply to these threads have anything to do with music, not even music: it's literally only which painted clown rhymes the best.

These are Sup Forums tier threads and should most definitely not belong to a board dedicated to discuss music.

Also, why is rap not just called "electronic"?

There doesn't exist any "sing" or "yodel" based solely on the vocals of the music?

What is with the constant newfags the past month or two and these stupid threads?

>hate on hip hop
DATS RACIST

>hate on Kpop
Oh that's fine

Go back to spamming /qa/ with your whining.

I think the turnover on this board is much higher than most assume.

>which painted clown rhymes the best
I guess that has something to do with music, as vocals and lyrics play an important role in many songs.

>Also, why is rap not just called "electronic"?
There doesn't exist any "sing" or "yodel" based solely on the vocals of the music?

Sure, why not. Good question.

imagine caring this much about what people post on an anime image board

When a localised movement has a very distinct identity, it follows that their nationality becomes their signifier. See: DC punk, Delta blues, grime...

I'm not saying that all musical nomenclature should be based on geography, but there absolutely exists a threshold that gets passed once a local scene or shared space becomes idiosyncratic enough.

Visuals are essential to kpop.

Asking questions is equivalent to whining?
Why would you even bother to reply here?

I'm just asking a question and begging a discussion. All you are doing in name calling.

This too.

It's a multimedia enterprise. MusicAL, not music.

Again, I have the same question: If a group from another location follows this K pop "formula", will it be considered a K pop group?

You're being a bitch so I am calling you a bitch.

its for webm of cute girls

So we just accept his absolute authority?
If it is discussing music, then it should be considered on-topic.

Kpop general belongs to /s/ but it has more music than bleep, rym and other off topic threads in Sup Forums

If you ban KPOP Grimes will leave as well because they're no doubt the same faggots

That's honestly a really dumb question. That answer is no; only Korean pop is Korean pop.

How am I being a bitch? Not once have I said anything against the genre. I just want Sup Forums to be discussing things related to music.

this and filters exist

you get banned for off topic posting though.

and lets not act like 90% of the threads on mu aren't off topic bait that spiral into awful 'discussions'. you are retarded if you think Sup Forums deserves to be hold to some standard when it's literally a glorified shitposting board on a cantonese tangerine peeling forum.

>Discuss music, artists, and instruments here. All images should relate to the topic at hand.

kpop waifus = artists

read the rules first autist and just hide kpg threads next time

Kpop isn't pop. It's Korean girls making money from the perverts they're aimed at

Okay, I accept this answer, even though I don't approve of it (but that is of no consequence).

All this hostility and garbage replies just for one simple answer.

>all this kpop thread trash defending

this board is SHIT, ABSOLUTE SHIT

so kind of like pop

>I just want Sup Forums to be discussing things related to music.
You want to dictate what Sup Forums does and doesn't do, despite being blatantly, painfully new?

cause youre a fucking dumbass

>Be sure to familiarize yourself with the Rules before posting, and read the FAQ if you wish to learn more about how to use the site.

>I want Sup Forums to discuss things related to music
>but not music I don't like

Okay bitch.

I'm not really that new, but since I don't have the hiveminded demeanor, you will never accept that.

Never said that. My argument is clearly that these threads do no discuss music directly.

Do you go into restaurants, complain about their menu, and demand they stop serving certain things?

> hivemind demeanor

not him, but you are just a retard and making a fool of yourself.

They constantly steal gets and raid other threads and boards. It's time for them to be banned off the site and take their cancer elsewhere.

No. K-pop girls try to look and act like little girls. Western pop is more varied and it's not targeted at perverts.

>These are Sup Forums tier threads and should most definitely not belong to a board dedicated to discuss music.

>gets
go back to Sup Forums faggot

>raids
hide the fucking post faggot

>Western pop is more varied and it's not targeted at perverts.
Also western pop artists actually write their music, Kpop artists aren't artist, they are just performers performing whatever a hundred different producers behinds the scenes gave them

If it's an Italian restaurant, and they're selling shoes, I would most definitely question them regarding that.

Okay, once you've had your fill of name calling, go on with your day and have a nice one.

I just wish the threads were higher quality since there's no good places to discuss k-pop. It gives a bad impression of objectively superior music.

filter it and stop making pointless fucking posts like this

thanks

See?

They are Sup Forums quality threads.

They constantly evade filters to piss off Sup Forums, filters are useless

filter this post and stop making pointless fucking replies like this

thanks

This is so fucking naive that I don't even know where to start.

Very, VERY few pop artists write their own music. When there is that much money floating around, and between so many different parties, shareholders and investors, nobody is going to want to trust a single person's creative output.
Look how many credits are on Beyonce's albums.

so kind of like wetern pop music

haha

all you need to filter is KPOP GENERAL and kpop general

>If it's an Italian restaurant, and they're selling shoes, I would most definitely question them regarding that.
What a retarded analogy. It's already been explained to you that kpop is music related. In fact, I don't even know why we're both still discussing this.

>M-muh western pop is different guys, they don't appeal using sex or anything and definitely don't hire songwriters/producers

I don't think you idiots understand what I meant. These "Kpop artists" have 0 creative control on what they are given, sure western pop artists don't self-write or self-produce but they certainly have control on what they release while kpop is just forced to release whatever to appease the retard audience and to adhere to their 35 year contracts

>all you need to filter is KPOP GENERAL and kpop general
I've tried and they still get through, they keep putting i's in the place of L's to get past my filters and using strange blankspaces

Sounds like you're an expert hey? A lot of K-pop stars write their own stuff once they become established.

Delete your thread, bitch.

It's you that doesn't understand.

Kpop idols are performers. They sing and dance. They are performance artists. Artists operating within a musical context and generating musical discourse.

This thread is fucking over. Fuck off already.

I'm not a fucking expert but I can see the writing on the wall, my stupid down sydnrome sister listens to that garbage

compared to grimes threads where they make off-general posts just to start arguments k-pop is chill
i never filter their threads because i only see one

>because i only see one
Well you clearly aren't seeing the several that they make to flood the catalog

>I can see the writing on the wall

I don't think you understand what that expression means.

Fuck off

it's clear that OP understands very little in general

Don't forget Grimes, Lana, Lauren and all the western waifu spam threads.

only one of those are currently active
the other two are post goal and that one is from OP
i see an Asian face and ignore it. then again i been here since 2011 so its not a big deal for me.

accept your autism

kpg does not flood the catalog unless you specifically searched for it. so stop crying

Of course western pop appeals using sex... the difference is K-pop has a creepy infantile image that is targeted at perverts. And it's successful at doing that.
Also Ariana Grande is an exception in Western pop, seeing as she looks and sounds like a tween.

Whatever i'm fucking done with all of you, if you can't see the problem with this you are clearly too dumb to see the big picture and what this could do to damage this board

>Whatever i'm fucking done with all of you, if you can't see the problem with this you are clearly too dumb to see the big picture and what this could do to damage this board

this board is already fucked
majority of threads today they get popular are Sup Forums bait ones.
music is rarely discussed here lmao

Sup Forums is dead without kpg

OP has been refuted already and still can not be reasoned with

>Abandon the autist

Abandon the autist

>Abandon the autist

Abandon the autist

>Abandon the autist

Abandon the autist

kpop has been here for much longer than you have lmao

please don't come back

we really don't need more autistic retar