/pg/ Pedals and Effects General

Post, rate, comment, share, recommend various pedals and effects.

What would be the best company to have a board exclusive to?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/sinning-sinner/cicada-dream
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Electro-Harmonix is what you should go for if you're going to try to dedicate a full board to a company. There is so much to choose from.
Glad to see a pedals and effects general again.

Probably BOSS IMO. lotsa quality shit, just not fancy designs.

Dunno about best but I reckon an all keeley board would be pretty good.

pleb-tier

If you're trying to get the most bang for your buck, Boss' pedals are fantastic for getting some of those classic pedal sounds.

Thanks! What's your favorite Boss pedal?

nice try, you're not going to fool me
Boss pedals are unreliable, they'll break on you when you're gigging and they don't have good tone.
delet trip. fake

r8, looking to trade the big muff and Acapulco Gold clone for a Hail Satan Fuzz.

If I had to make a board from one company, probably Earthquaker?

How do you like your Mel9? I think it may be one of the most interesting pedals available on the market as of now, I love the original mellotron but my god is one expensive.

How does it feel knowing Dunlop makes your flagship product better than you do?

Its great! I love that you can bend and stuff, which the C9 and B9 did not like.

I hope this trip is actually Mike

I play bass. I only have a DS-1, and I actually quite like it. Kills the lows, but I like the hollow sound for what I'm writing meow. Obviously the OC-2 is dope for bass, but I don't have one and I'm not really hunting for one cause I don't know if I'd be in a band that has an application for it. I'm on the hunt for a tremelo but we'll see, I only really buy used pedals so it's really about what crosses my path :P

First of all, you're not from Boss
secondly, how does it feel knowing that Boss pedals are poorly built, lowest common denominator cheap outs for people who don't really care about their sound?
Haha, I'm not Mike, I could only ever hope to be as cool as him.
I too, had that gripe with the C9 and B9, plus I feel that the Mel9 is just far more versatile due to the amount of sounds you can squeeze out of it

The Boss TR-2 is a really versatile tremolo and goes online for around fifty bucks used, about half the price for a new one.

The DS-1 is a personal favorite of mine, especially for baritone guitar: kind of like a bass, but not quite.

>TR-2
Dude! I totally saw one in a pawn shop by me like half a year ago and I fucking wanted it so bad! I was unemployed at the job so I couldn't buy it. :\ I'll keep my eyes peeled, not too fond of buying shit online. I've been watching some good youtube bassists that throw trems infront of synths and shit and the results are so cool.

Check listings on www.guitarcenter.com -- I believe they even offer financing options.

Thoughts on the Zoom G1on for someone that is currently pedal-less? It seems like it has a pretty massive range of sounds for what it is and the low cost is nice since I'm more of a dabbler than a "real" guitarist. Interested in hearing what people here think about it though and if there's something similar that might be better.

I'm not poor dude, I just know how to save/spend responsibly. I am of the persuasion that more gear will not really influence my playing ability and would only slightly alter my writing process (I'm really into riff-based punk/hardcore). From all the pedals I've bought I've learned that they are not really a source of inspiration, at least for me.

If you want to spend a shit load for an amazing tremelo, Boss TN-2
Or just spend 180$ for the Hummingbird

Mel9 is dope, want one really badly. Have you ever tried Haunt from OBN? I like the Acupolco but I'm not very well versed in fuzz

I think this is a lot better, costs less than one boutique pedal, gives you all of Boss's pedals, and it is a newer. It'll give you a jumping off point.

How are joyo pedals? I want to get new pedals but I don't have several hundred dollars

Haven't tried them honestly. Hotone and Tone City make some good cheap pedals, if you're looking for those. Some Ibanez ones are decent too

I've heard they can be hit or miss. Just do some research user.

Current board. Looks like shit but the material was all free so I made do. Hoping to replace the octave with something a bit more interesting like the Geiger counter and I need a reverb like right now

Thinking about making one of those Raspberry Pi ones. Anybody know anything about those?

Duder, what're your thoughts on that MXR preamp? I've been looking into a sansamp bass driver, I dunno. How's the Daddy-O? killin the low end?

MXR is basically the same as the Sansamp DI, to me anyway. Meaning they are both great. I just got the MXR because I like them more and it was cheaper. I haven't played with the Daddy-O too much, but the low end definitely does take a hit

Well baited desu

Patricians use Pigtronix

>Danelectro Daddy O

god man, getting rid of that pedal was a fucking chore

no one would fuckin buy it

Thank you. Just looking for cheap pedals. What the consensus on Danelectro pedals? They seem really cheap, like too cheap. I'm not trying to do anything crazy, I just need some basic pedals, but I don't want them to sound like ass

My board is totally different now, but I still have all these and probably 10-15 others.

I got a used DanEcho in from guitar center. I don't use it much anymore (as I've accepted my fate as a bass player, not that good for it) but you can get some fun sounds out of it. Like really short snapback effect (like a rockabilly sound) or long diminishing tails. I used it in front of the reverb on my old Marshall amp and you could get some really haunting sequences.

soundcloud.com/sinning-sinner/cicada-dream

a diddy I wrote using it from way back when, with some bass added under. This actually sounds pretty cool to me now, this is at least two years old.

>I've accepted my fate as a bass player
Why?

>What would be the best company to have a board exclusive to?
Why would someone do this?

well I know that it's what I'm naturally better at and what I enjoy playing more. I also like writing really active melodic bass lines and I've been told to tone it down by less ambitious people. Like the parts I wanna play are probably more suited to a lead guitarist type but the instrument I'm good at is bass.

Just ordered this... bretty excited for the reverse reverb

>What the consensus on Danelectro pedals? They seem really cheap, like too cheap.
They are very cheep and very breakable.

But at the same time, they make some interesting, cool sounding pedals.
>(as I've accepted my fate as a bass player, not that good for it)
Well, you can work on your craft and be the exceptional bassist that every guitarist wants to play with.

>Thoughts on the Zoom G1
It's pretty great if you are 14 and just learning about effects through your practice amp.

You've been had, user. That's got terrible reverse functionality and if you want quality you have to go either boutique or higher end.

If it doesnt sound good to me I may just return it but i have no reverb pedals anyway and the other effects on it sound good. All I really do is fuck around but thanks for the warning

Don't listen to him. That's a damn good reverb pedal. You'll be more than impressed with it.

This. I don't have one myself but I see it on pedal boards all the time. About 50% of the bands my band has shared lineups with, a member always has one and it's sounded great.

this. it would be expensive, but it would sound great