I can't even get it that low, sorry

How has Tones been doing lately?

Why do you do that to me that took me 10 minutes to load

I ain't getting NBN in my area until roughly early-2018, fucking this

smallest pic I have
australian grandparents would probably know who her husband was

comeback soon

I guarantee you our internet is faster than Indian internet

I believe it's the smallest one I have. Fits the australian shitposting nature.

There, under a kilobyte now.

it's retarded that that image took about 6 seconds to load in chrome

No that's probably just the shitty Sup Forums servers

i got a little note like 2 months ago that said "we're gonna build NBN in your area soon or something"
my net has deteriorated since

NBN could have been great - if slow to roll out. Now it's slightly faster to roll out and pointless to do so because it's shit. Could have had some of the best speeds in the world but most importantly it would be consistent nation-wide. Lots of countries have good speeds in their main cities and areas but not everywhere in their cunts. Now we're just going to have consistent mediocre speeds.

yeah wtf is that, other shit loads fine but sometimes images don't load at all and they almost always load slowly.

Contribooting

>tfw all these cucks have to compress images just for us
at what age did you realise this is an australian board and you're just living in it

the western suburbs are literally third world

just remembered, does anyone else have trouble uploading some images?

you irl

ahaha i win

Not enough sheep for ya kiwi?

I live in the Hunter Valley and got NBN 2 weeks ago with Dodo.

The connection thingy, dunno the name, is less than 300metres from my home so I get the max 108mbps download speed. Feels pretty good, but it took me forever to make up my mind because all i've heard is that NBN has been really bad.

Australia is the proof that brits are most kind people on the earth.
They even provide prisons with internet.

>Dodo is still a thing
holy shit
Also, you probably mean exchange point lad

the libs butchered it, they honestly did

>108mbps
seriously? thats an improvement?

It's shit. No notable difference.

From less than 512kb to 108mbs in Aus, that's like going from horse 'n' carriage to ferraris.

i really don't get why australian internet speeds are so atrocious, i had a fucking nigerian seed a torrent at 2mb

Its fine

it translates to about 11mb

my point was its a slight improvement over nigerian speeds

Nigeria will be a superpower by 2030 though

we were going to get good internet

then tony abbott got elected

nigerian empire incoming

what did he do to halt internet speeds?

The previous government had just started building the NBN (national broadband network) whereby NBN Co. would buy all internet infrastructure and replace it with Fibre to the Home. Tony Abbot (and malcolm turnbull was his telecoms minister) got elected and his platform (which nobody actually liked) was to change this so it would be Fibre to the Node, nodes being cooled boxes every couple of blocks, like mini exchanges. Those exchanges are then connected to the existing shit copper network, essentially creating a bottle neck in speed. This was supposed to be cheaper and quicker. But of course costs and build times have blown out. And the copper will still have to be replaced soon enough, whereas fibre essentially never has to be replaced.

tl;dr We were having first world internet being built and Tony Abbot/Malcolm Turnbull said "no let's build trash instead, it's cheaper".

*what did BASED TONES do...

so basically australia voted for a retard before it was cool?

He was supposed to b the GOAT PM but he went back on his promises like crazy.

Wish he could have finished his term 2bh

yeah, he was an terrible leader and a terrible PM.

He was only good for memes. All he could do was say how shit the other guy was, he had next to nothing constructive to offer.

fuck, I always thought slow aussie speeds were merely a meme.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Broadband_Network#Expected_cost

WHAT THE FUCK IT TOOK ME 2 HOURS TO DOWNLOAD THE PICTURE

post australian-friendly images

beat this m8

This wouldn't have been an issue if people didn't vote in labor.

Howard was the best PM we'd had in decades and then cunts have to go vote for the whiney little bitches.
Fuck Australia and their corrupt government.

>be australian pm
>get knifed

> Political affiliation effects the speed of telecommunications infrastructure

WTF I hate Tone now

daily reminder that poor zealand is rolling out our very own nbn AS WE SPEAK with ZERO issues

I heard bitsy calling you out in the paddock. Better hurry before you're using a maoris sloppy seconds

It does when different political parties have different telecommunication infrastructure plans with different speeds. If the party with slower planned speeds gets voted in it has everything to do with the populations political affiliations.

>country colonized by people that didn't shoot the nigger
>besides earthquakes it's a great place to live
>LOTR
>sheep pussy

I'd live there but maori women are men.

>be australia
>elect kevin rudd
>get julia gillard instead
>decide to elect julia gillard
>get kevin rudd instead
>elect tony abbott
>get malcolm turnbull instead

I think you may have missed my point there, freindo. I was implying that stating the NBN is shit does not make you a labour shill. The libs can get fucked.

>I'd live there but maori women are men.

kek 2bh - i remember there was a maori girl i went to school with that was cute actually i was sorta friends with her

Pauline Hanson will get us NBN Fibre to the Premises guys.

You got me there faggot. I wish we had a trump

soon

Sorry mate. Its been a long day, I can't read between the lines anymore.

I agree though. When someone disagrees with one policy of a party they're not instantly a shill for the other. Both parties fucking suck anyway.

Just started pissing down with rain lads.

can't wait lads

Do you even have sharia law, a considerable amount of muslim refugees/mosques or rampant halal certification?

yes

of course not you memelord

pauline must be one of the worst right wing populists in the world

t. bill shorten

t. Melben

>his country's token anti-establishment populist isn't a career politician who shamelessly whores himself out to the highest bidder
>his country's token anti-establishment populist hasn't been an MP since 1978
>his country's token anti-establishment populist hasn't been a cabinet minister multiple times, in coalition governments led by both major parties
>his country's token anti-establishment populist didn't start his career as a member of the current ruling party
pathetic

Seriously she has the speech patterns of an ex-rugby player, she's a deadshit and has next to no charisma.

What's the appeal?

sounds like a top fulla

t. richard di natale

>Abbott caused bad internet speeds
>Even in the early 2000s as the Minister for Small Business and Workplace Relations he managed to fuck up the internet

Holy fuck, you're a whole new breed of stupid bogan.

>i really don't get why australian internet speeds are so atrocious
To try and explain it briefly, I'd say:
For a long time, telecommunications was not open to the free market. There was a single government provider.
Later this got changed and that government provider became a private business called Telstra. Now the downside is that Telstra inherited all the infrastructure. So they then had a monopoly on the shit infrastructure and all other providers payed rent to Telstra to use their lines, as building their own infrastructure was far too costly in a large nation with a low population.

That's sorta a rough explanation. But captures most of it.

pretty sure di natale is doing what the liberal democrats in britain did and might anger/splinter their voter base as well

have you ever actually heard a rugby player speak m8?

>Even in the early 2000s as the Minister for Small Business and Workplace Relations he managed to fuck up the internet
Are you seriously this autistic?

Also you can thank Howard for privatising Telstra and giving a private entity a monopoly over the wholesale of telecom infrastructure while still allowing it to be a retailer as well. That worked out really well.

The libs have been fucking our internet ever since internet became a thing. And I'm no labor lover.

yeah here's one

read this

hwww.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/40m0t8/eli5why_is_australian_internet_so_bad_and_why_is/

>Are you seriously this autistic?
How was that autistic? The Pom asked about why Australian Internet is shit. Australia's internet fell behind the pack ages ago. It's not some recent problem that occurred in 2013, mate. The other autist completely neglected the decades before Tony took office, and they're all incredibly relevant to the issue.

>for privatising Telstra and giving a private entity a monopoly over the wholesale of telecom infrastructure

I agree with the privatisation of Telstra (I hope the Australian Post is next). However I don't agree with how the infrastructure was handed over to them. That was a fucking stupid idea.

NBN arrives here March 1st

OP here, my area is marked as Jan-Mar 2017
I doubt it's accurate tho. They haven't even started building it
No doubt the tradies are gonna take a day off whenever the tempreature is over 25, or if a gust of wind makes them a little uncomfortable

>one of the greatest players of all time

makes you think

hmm

N O T H I N G
W R O N G

R A R E

>Live in Sunshine North
>get cable
>speeds hit 113mb/s

don't even need nbn

Remember those supposedly fake raunchy pics of pauline hanson

get 11 mb/s downloading games off steam after getting the NBN
I have fiber to the node though

I'm fairly sure cable isn't available everywhere tho, right?
My mate lives in the centre of Werribee and he got cable. He runs at around 110 on a good day, but normally ~85.

pls delet

I'm fairly sure all places are fibre to the node.
And then coax from the node to each home
(Except for rural areas, who have satellite towers, and then fibre or coax cable from there)
Although 11mb/s when downloading games off steam is lewd af
I can only dream about those speeds