/gg/-guitar general

/gg/-guitar general

>how do i learn to play this song?
Start by learning how to play your fucking instrument.

>im being bullied, plz halp!
You probably said/did something really fucking stupid and deserve it

>is guitar one of the last true art forms?
Lol

>what gear do i need to sound good?
A mute pedal

>why do people keep saying vomit when i post a fender?
If you have to ask you have no taste, or youre so far down the hipster train thatll youll start eating dog shit when they prove it has health benefits. Vomit

>can you rate my song?
Fuck off...ok fine....it sucks

>what can i change to make it better?
Everything.

>guitar seems like a fun w
Ill stop you right there. No, its not.

>what did i miss from the last thread
Absolutely nothing that wont get posted in this thread

>what kind of amp sho
Stop. Blues jr. Youll sound like shit regardless, might as well have the best shit can amp money can buy.

>whos crazyaga?
A jew, ignore him

>whats doom larping?
Pretty much what youll be doing

>Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iTO269GF3hc
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S70931134#p70931134
youtube.com/watch?v=8eDV4fJcRUI
edroman.com/rants.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for EHX

Strat is all you need.

how long do i have to play guitar to not make that awful buzzing sound?

>humbucker
>strat

As long as it takes to realize you need a set up

sure Strats can sound great on their own, but why limit yourself?
you may want to intonate your guitar, sounds like the action is off

Everyone knows you need at least 4 boutique pedals

Inb4 someone posts the old op with dead links

>retard
>(YOU)

Haven't played in years but just got this. Any suggestion for an amp around $200-400 I can pick up off Craigslist?

>this thread
>deader than guitar
Pick both

Blues jr

Line6 Spider

Rosewood or maple fretboard

>guitar

>shitwood

You should be able to find a Peavey Valve King for somewhere near $300-350, or maybe a Laney Cub, or maybe a Fender Super Champ X2, otherwise you're going into SS territory, which is fine too. I'm not really a tube snob, the Fender Mustang 3 II is good too.

Maple

>2017
>playing guitar
>still buying guitar related items
>thinking youll be a rock star
>devoting time to practice instead of making friends and enjoying yourself
>never actually finishing recordings so youll never have any sort of legacy
>unable to play with other people because of your special snowflake choices in music or overall awkwardness
>not selling your musical equipment while it still has value
>within the next 15 years there will be used MIA strats selling for $50 because no one will have any interest in playing them
>even with this still "wanting" to play guitar
I seriously hope you guys dont do this

>Superstrat is all you need.
Ftfy, you're welcome.

Look for something like a Roland Cube or a Peavey Vyper, solid all rounders.

Maple is my preferred fretboard material but I have not owned many guitars with them.

What's wrong with HSS Strats?

Nothing.

It's a very disliked configuration among the homosexual community

They don't have that spanking bridge tone

>buy shitty guitar thats only known for the sound you get from its pickup configuration
>change pickup configuration to shitty generic rock style
Whats not to love?

Is the finish wearing from maple fretboards that big of a deal?

maybe after like 10 years

Prominent fretboard wear will only be a long-term problem but in saying that alot of people enjoy the feel of a worn in fretboard assuming you are not missing chunks out of the wood or anything excessive like that.

Rosewood is kill

The Strat is one of my favourite gits ever, contending for the number one spot, but this "American Professional" and "American Elite" shit breaks my heart a bit. I really preferred the prior naming conventions of American Standard (why the change?) and American Deluxe.

I have the same aversion to HSS Strats but that's because I use Les Pauls or Custom 24s to fit my humbuckers and consider a Stratocaster the one and only true home of a single coil pickup. There's so many to choose from that I'd go aftermarket before I ever put a humbucker in there. I love SCs, a lot.

Fender Pawnshop '72 MIJ or Fender Jazzmaster Classic Player?
WHAT DO I CHOOSE?!

For those with an immediate case of buyers remorse heres the, "i cant play metal with this" conversion kit*. And they still say gibson is more expensive.

*emgs not included

HSS strats are the best strats. You get that lovely neck puckup tone (think SRV) and then an actual usable bridge pickup. The bridge on a Tele is great because it is nice and powerful but I find the standard Strat ones to be a bit anaemic. Mine is the most versatile guitar I own

>buddy left his Ibanez 5 string bass at home the other night
>changed his strings maybe 2 times in like 4 years
>I cleaned it top to bottom, the fingerboard was absolutely disgusting, 4 years of finger muck and cigarette smoke and shit there even was tobacco INSIDE the cavity even though he never opened it
>oiled the fretboard
>straightened the neck
>tightened the tuners and pots
>adjusted intonation
>raised action to lower fret buzz
>changed strings
>mfw playing it afterwards
It's the most wonderful feeling in the world. And who knows, new strings might come in handy when he records our next demo.

Hes just going to complain about how it feels weird and how its your fault

I don't know why, but they look ugly as sin to me.

Well, I did meddle with someone's instrument without asking permission but there's no one in the world who could complain about playing a properly set up guitar instead of a fucked up one.
The boost pot was so loose the only thing keeping it in place was the wiring inside the body.
Gotta love those Ibanez basses tho, they're ugly as sin but light and very comfortable to play.

>there's no one in the world who could complain about playing a properly set up guitar instead of a fucked up one.
Lol, if thats what you think.

Your friend is lucky to have you.

However even if you intend on recording in a few days, you should still put new strings on the day of recording. 90% of bass sound is in the fresh clank that strings make, and that shit wears off super fast.

>tfw scored myself a super cheap dod milkbox as a bday gift to myself

Have fun tuning between takes. Stretching bass strings is a chore and a half.

You should check your tuning every 20ish minutes when recording anyway.

You must only record 20 minute takes

I get paid by the hour, i tune between every take when playing and encourage musicians to tune between every take when recording them.

Citation needed

>tune between every take

Recorded in a world famous studio before and nobody did this.

I have to do it because my Squire Jaguar can't stay in tune

>Squire

I doubt you've ever been in a studio let alone outside of grade school since you can't even fucking read your guitar's headstock

because the producer didn't give a shit about your djentstick

youtu.be/iTO269GF3hc

> Nippon Reissue P-bass fender
> Mexican Jazz bass fender
> Weird no-name P-bass copy made in '73
> Orange 2x12 cab
> custom lamp amp
> 5 pocket operators
> Kawai SX-240 synth
> Midi keys

AAAAAAAAND 15 years wasted.

Most strats have parallel wiring so there's really no point to a humbucker imho

That sucks, shouldn't be happening just because it's a budget guitar though so I'd try and see what's causing it.

Actually he was extremely enthusiastic, wouldn't give us the time of day otherwise. Producers all have the same certain laid back but professional attitude, you'd know what I mean if you'd ever stepped foot in a studio.

>MUH STUDIO EXPERIENCE
>MUH IM ABOVE YOU ALL IN THIS THREAD

Post your shit then faggot, let me rip you to shreds

Because it was amateur hour.

>spring reverb demo
>starts playing surf rock

Does anyone play classical guitars without nails?

>playing classical guitar with nails
post a pic of you doing this

i think most people use fingers, not nails

save up for axefx

i do--the pads of my fingers are super calloused so i can get away with it

my friend has really long and thickened nails on his right hand though it's crazy

Alright /gg/ come take a look
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S70931134#p70931134
The mods finally decided to to their jobs and they nuked every roman post from the last thread. Go look at all the red trashcans, those are all roman posts you idiots replied to. /gg/ really has to stop falling for this shit already

You do know you can just link the post instead of to the archive since Sup Forums threads only die a week after bump limit, right?

No you can't his posts were deleted, that's what the red trashcans are they're deleted posts. Click the link and go look how many there are, this is how bad it's gotten

>he doesn't have 4chanx

Enjoy your botnet

>half the posts in the thread are romans
have a nice life /gg/ I'm done

I can get to you but you cant get to me

>linking half the posts in the thread

I didn't know it was this bad.

That wasnt even roman. Roman changes ips pretty often so if he gets banned most of his posts stay. Also the thread wpuld have been with frusciante pics. This is someone else.

I see youve been paying attention

>t. roman

Paul, I'll take one PRS Private StockĀ® with Dalbergia Cocobolo Tonewood please!

>a roman impersonator
even worse desu

$300, should I Sup Forums?
keep in mind i already have an i banez gsr200sm and an Schecter Stiletto extreme 4. Would this be good for hard rock/metal, i was using the ibanez mainly for this but its very buzzy and not very comfortable.

no it's roman pretending to be roman. I fucking hate it but even I have to admit it's pretty inspired trolling on his part. it's sad this is where /gg/ is now as a general. roman can even troll by pretending to be someone else posting as roman. we might as well stick a fork in it and be done with it at this point

Like how i stuck my fork in your mom

>He was like 22 when he made this

kill me

Get his dumbass roman

>one tuner on the other side of the headstock

why do they fucking do it? it looks revolting

I fucking adore the way headstocks with one tuner on the other side look

Hell yeah roman, you know how we do

Whats the point of this?

>tfw Roman is dead for 6 years
who will defend us from gibsons and prs

Probably to keep the string as straight as possible for better tuning stability.

How do I play like this(from 4:10):
youtube.com/watch?v=8eDV4fJcRUI

To get a low break angle over the saddles.

Also some people claim you get better toan by having more of the bridge in contact with the body of the guitar.

gain some weight

What if froosh created a fake identity for himself and gave us the necessary info to dox the fake identity. Think about it, would you really put it past this little faggot? With hom much effort he puts into spreading his copy pasta and replying to it

>it's roman pretending to be roman
god you're probably right

It's not a tonepros

Who's Roman? Did he play sweet metal licks?

Hey marketing guy, send me one of those new spanky Canyon pedals. I'll tell you how I like it :)

>he doesn't know ed roman
wew lad
edroman.com/rants.htm

I have a Sterling, it plays like a dream. $300 is a good deal depending what shape it's in.

Nice elite!

The moment I googled it I knew exactly who you were talking about. Just haven't thought about that guy in like 5 years.