Memes apart, this is objectively the best album of all time

Memes apart, this is objectively the best album of all time

Pink Floyd in the studio
Rog stands up
>"hey you guys know that phrase 'it's not over until the fat lady sings?"
>"roger is this another weird concept thing?"
Greatgiginthesky.png

Did you actually think this was funny when you hit enter? Seriously?

its not though

So which one is?

>this guy
>patronizing me
>on the Internet
I can smell the Cheeto dust from here

it's great, but GOAT? i dont know... "us and them" drags on a little too long... "any colour you like" is a throwaway tune, imo.... there are many other albums by other artists where every tune is a classic...

>Whats the objectively best album of all time
>Music
>Objective

>"any colour you like" is a throwaway tune

>Dark Side of the Moon
>Best album of all time
>"""""""Objectively""""""

I mean, if you said On The Run I'd understand you, but Any Colour You Like?

>"any colour you like" is a throwaway tune, imo

Not even the best jazz rock album of all time.

Memes aside, there's no such thing. I know that really triggers you since you're a teenager and all that and something has to be THA BEST.

everything from Pink Floyd is really good. until this album. it sucks and it's the beginning of the end.

Maximum contrarian

Not even in the top 500 if I'm being totally honest. Not that there is a canonized greatest album of all time, but if there was it definitely wouldn't be Dsotm. Besides Piper blows that era of PF out if the water.

>Implying it's even good

The Wall is better.

Not even the best prog album of all time.
DSOTM is overrated as fuck. It's a prog album with a pop fanbase. That's fine, but it gives room for undeserving hype.

THIS is the best prog album of all time, and If someone argued best album, I wouldn't combat them too much on it.

Nah senpai, there isn't any actual greatest prog album. ITCOTCK is arguably the most influential prog album, not to mention of the most influential albums in general, but even King Crimson fans often prefer Lark's Tongue and Red to it. You also have stellar bands with stellar albums like Genesis, Gentle Giant, and Van Der Graaf Generator to put them up against.

I thought it was funny

>"DSOTM is overrated as fuck"
>posts ITCOTKC

it's an amazing album but all forms of art are by their very nature subjective so it's impossible to be objectively good

It's an important prog album but I personally prefer Yes' Close To the Edge.

If we stretch the definition of progressive rock to include "krautrock" then we have an entire school of albums to choose over this one. NEU!, Tago Mago, Future Days, Faust, etc. would all be good choices.

I agree that there isn't an objective best, but I'd fight tooth and nail over INCOTCK, partly for being as influential as it was. I love Lark's Tongue, Red, ITWOP, Discipline, but I still think INCOTCK is the insurmountable king of Prog. There just isn't a week moment on it for me, and the scale of some of the longer cuts make it even better.

>pretending that ITCOTKC is anywhere near as popular as DSOTM

Same user you replied too, if we did stretch the definition, then we'd reach my favorite album of all time which is Faust's self-titled, but I would barely even affiliate an album like DSOTM with most Krautrock.

>Not even the best prog album of all time.
That's because it's not really prog

Nice false equivalency though

you're right.

Faust's debut is amazing. I really don't understand how it was so underapptrciated for so long...

If we continue the exercise into the Canturbery Scene we get two of my favorites, Soft Machine's Third and Robert Wyatt's Rock Bottom. Both are utterly beautiful jazz rock albums.

dubs of truth any colour you like is god t

You just named two of my other favorite albums of all time. Anything Wyatt touched in the 60's-70's became gold.

>it's popular so it's worse

Not what I said, I simply gave an explanation as to why I believe it's as hyped as it is.

>it's not really prog
when will this meme end

not even the best pink floyd album, stupid nigger
listen to more music before you name "the best album of all time"

My favorite Floyd albums are probably A Saucerful Of Secrets and Atom Heart Mother. I think ASOS was a more improved version of PATGOD

guarateed replies

Nobody will respond

saucerful is my second favorite pink floyd album
both piper and saucerful are way better than the later pop garbage such as dsotm, wywh and animals

i will

(You)
it's a good album, nothing more

I appreciate how straightforward and unpretentious it is, especially for prog rock.

I don't think the later ones are garbage, but I do think that you're correct thinking that the older ones are superior. Way more interesting, especially among what was around at the time.

It's a solid 6/10
nothing more, nothing less

It's the worst of PF's mid 70s prog albums, with WYWH, Animals and Meddle all being better. That said, it's not a bad record. Solid 7.5, maybe an 8.

This is one of the best rock albums of all time.

Anyone who says otherwise is just being contrarian or is just overexposed to it.

>album you have to be on drugs to enjoy

This literally means the album is bad

I had a little chuckle tb.h fa.m

It doesn't make much sense because it wasn't the end of the song nor the band

(You)

This is actually the best album of all time.

I've been seeing posts like these a lot here lately. Please fucking stop this futile nonsense.

Not even the best Can album

You mean "Do you think this was funny when you posted it?" or "[dumb childish humor]"?

Meddle > Piper > WYWH > SoS > DSOTM > Animals > the rest

>Memes apart
what did he mean by this?

the dumb childish complaining about [dumb childish humor]

tago mago

How is it childish complaining? It's a legit question. Without questioning poor content, it will continue to propagate
Wrong

this one is better

No not listen for 20 yrs as i did acid tabs and listened to this and went into physics not even joking, forever paraod.

can i have an opinion?

Animals is the best Pink Floyd album, if anyone disagrees I'll find out where you live I swear on me mum

You can have it, but just so you know it's wrong.
I was unaware the "best" means "boring"

Its a through and through snooze-fest, perhaps I got my expectations a little too high after listening to their previous albums Ecoehs and Obscured by Clouds, though the first three tracks just seem like random samples with no real direction. Then it gets to Time and Great Gig in the Sky (both brilliant songs) and the quality sharply increases, before decreasing on Money which, again, is a bit boring and sounds like something you'd play whilst shopping at IKEA. The rest of the album doesn't do much save for the part where they talk about Syd Barret and close the thing off.

Agree
Ritalin. Take some.

Love this album man. Not posted nearly enough
>NO MORE WHITE HORSES FOR YOU TO RIDE AWAY

>Hey guys, memes aside: Memes
Yep, epin thread.
I actually agree with you user. Almost muzak. No interest to the concept, not engaging, and not even virtuous playing that makes it fun or something.

this is the best album in the history of popular music.

Finally, someone who isn't completely retarded.

>Accidentally presses Next when "Great gig in the sky" starts.

Its not supposed to be OMFG.LMFAO.PMSL.png
Get over it

every colour you like isnt as such a throwaway tune, just one where they could have used a different chord pattern but with the same concepts and structure

5/10 at best, really. It just feels so empty, like there needs to be 2-3 more instruments playing at any given time. I found it kinda boring. That, and horrible sound effects/samples

Garbage

it was utter crap desu

>There just isn't a week moment on it for me
Oops, you skipped Moonchild...

this

It's literally filler mate and shit one at that.

Its the only pink Floyd album that I have listened to completely.
Anyone recommend any other albums by them?

Not really this album is so slow and boring that its painful musically its simple and boring vocals aren't great and the content is unoriginal

listen to them cronologically (skip the soundtracks)

If you liked it listen to Wish You Were Here and if you want more songs with philosophical lyrics/meaning listen to Animals. You should also listen to "Echoes" song on the Meddle album (about 25 minutes long) and if you prefer that over Animals and WYWH stuff check out Saucerful Of Secrets, Meddle as a whole and possibly Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

I'm trying to get this album but it's not clicking. What can I do?

Its not even the best Floyd album

It clicked to me but I've lost it. Just go on and find better music. It's not that good in the end.

Jazz rock? Wat?

Couldn't agree more. Piper at the Gates of Dawn was made by a person on the edge of insanity. You would basically have to be Syd Barrett to understand what the fuck is going on with it. But hey, to each their own I guess

It took WAY too long for this to be posted. Sup Forums doesnt like fun anymore.

You do realise that good music doesn't have to be complex, right? That's what I love about Gilmour-era Pink Floyd. Their compositions are fairly simple but it packs a punch both lyrically and musically.

This, I think paul mccartney summarizes it best by saying that the wackiness of sgt. pepper still holds up and that was a review in like the 80's or something. If you don't think this is one of the best albums of all time, if not the best album of all time you're literally just being a contrarian.

>If you don't think this is one of the best albums of all time, if not the best album of all time you're literally just being a contrarian.

I wouldnt consider myself a contrarian hell far from it, but i truly dont see what is so great about this album. I'd take Rubber Sould, Revolver, MMT, Abbey Road above it anyday.

Plus Pet Sounds is better.