So what's the appeal of Post-Punk?

So what's the appeal of Post-Punk?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Post-Punk&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=Tzn3_NEek4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

punk music for snowflakes

punk music for artfags and pussies

Its appeal.

punk music for sudointellectuals ad >tfw to intelligent for punk-fags

>sudointellectuals
>sudo
Oh the irony

that's the joke

Dumb people tend to be quite bitter towards those of higher intellect.

punk music for p4k kiddies and eym hipsters

Taking the crazy free-aggression of punk and toning it down to be pretentious with black-and-white covers.

No, really
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Post-Punk&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

Raw punk is appalling both technically and creatively as a genre. How dare artists draw influence from it and start making more refined music!

It isn't about making it more refined (which Post-Punk is). It's about its contrived content and mood.

replace the anger of punk with "muh depression" and you get post punk

This does not help your argument, there are far more albums with color than without.

And most of these covers aren't particularly "pretentious".

Recount them.

At least half of them have heavily black and/or black-and-white covers. Compare that to any other genre of music and you will see the trend.

And I never said the album covers themselves were pretentious.

Is U2 post-punk?

spotted the salty Retards Attempting Poetry

>Does something stupid
>It was a joke, honest

It's punk for people even more vain and image obsessed.

It has a cool image. Same thing with minimal wave, avant-prog, No Wave, avant-folk, etc.

>he's never seen the sudointellectual meme before

>he still says snowflake

That's so dumb, why would you leap to them enjoying rap over punk

hip hop and post punk were the two genres I loved most when I was just starting to branch out

just to follow up, now i listen mostly to prog, classical, and noise. i'm an adult and my taste in music reflects that

I can deal with that.

I'm honored but I'm not anyone worth pretending to be

i like how it sounds :)

PUBLIC IMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

>I'M SO MATURE GUYS XD I ONLY LISTEN TO CLASSICAL, NOISE AND PROG WHICH IS MUSIC FOR US MATURE AND INTELLIGENT GUYS. POSTPUNK? RAP? PFFFT, NO, THAT'S MUSIC FOR KIDS! I'M A REAL GENTLEMAN NOW HAHAHA F-FUCKING P-P-PLEBS!

How does like post-punk make me a pseudo-intellectual? Some of the greatest songs ever performed come from post-punk. I think of it as punk + a sense of humor.

it's punk as reappropriated under leftist ideology, i.e. "safe"

this is literally the dumbest thing I've read all week, congrats

Go to bed Mr Watson

More like punk without the sense of humor

all correct

Listen to The 15 or Mannequin by Wire.
Also, user is not completely right. I think of PP as punk where the rebellious attitude is given a hue different to "fuck the man", and it shows in the form of the music.
So some PP bands are indeed too serious, but there are many playful ones.

Lurk more

Have you even listened to the first few PiL albums?

youtube.com/watch?v=Tzn3_NEek4M