I need some advice Sup Forums. I'm a 21 year old guy in America. I work full time and bring home $1,200-$2,000/month...

I need some advice Sup Forums. I'm a 21 year old guy in America. I work full time and bring home $1,200-$2,000/month. I live at the family homestead with my uncle who refuses to get a job. I pay the bills, but I have no freedom to do what I want. I have a variety of interests/hobbies (woodworking, gardening, art, science, music) but if I partake in them at home, my uncle gets pissed and throws a tantrum. If I have friends or a girl over, he gets extra pissed and embarrasses the fuck out of me. I want to move out, but if I have to pay rent plus bills I won't have the money to do the things I want to do, which would make it pointless. So I guess it boils down to; have money but no freedom, or have freedom but no money to take advantage of it. What do Sup Forums?

Move out. Your uncle sounds abusive

Rent a flat with someone or a room by yourself - if you split it two ways it's much more efficient. Fuck your dreams only if you want to fuck em up, don't let no uncle take control.
Carefully plan, find someone and take your life forward. Did that a while back and it worked out.

Just deal with his shit until you get a better paying job. Or move out now and make it a lot more difficult to get a higher paying job and do the things you want

Move out. You'll naturally adjust with whatever income you get. But the price of that freedom from your uncle will be more than worth it.

either downsize your lifestyle and live on your own, or pour through the classified ads and move in with a roommate.

Even the playing field and quit your job

you live on 24k a year... get a new job, you ain't living on that.

Move in with roomates

Literally just post on Facebook you're looking for a roommate and pick one that won't steal your shit and has a job. BAM! Problem solved

I wouldn't say he's abusive, he's just miserable and has given up on life, and misery loves company. I also don't want to abandon him, he was like a father to me growing up. Now, we're the only two left out of our family as well. He used to be a great man, until 6-7 years ago. Now he's basically a waste of life. I don't know, I feel obligated to take care of him. But at the same time, I feel obligated to do my own thing. I'm 21 years old, I should be getting my life started

Dude, you really think most people make over 25k?

I would move out!
Im living by My self and have a 50m2 appartment. My friends comes over and get Coffee once in a while.

Move out.
I plan on living in a selfmade caravan so it's obvious that I prefer freedom over money any time.

50m^2 is pretty much for living alone, isn't it? I'm gonna come around for a coffee as well

OP here. I've considered doing something similar. I thought about getting a box van and turning it into a mobile home. I've also entertained to idea of building a tiny house. I don't really like the idea of renting because, if I lose my job, I lose my residence as well.

Let's all go to user's apartment and discuss this over a coffee

Not that user but I make 30k annually at a shit job. Can't be that hard to find something better than 25k

You're going to freeze in a van unless you let it run all night. A tiny house won't have running water or electricity and you still have to pay for the land you put it on. Just get a better job, apply for a mortgage on a small house in the country, and work toward owning your own home that's actually livable

I'm going to use a Fiat Ducato. The version I will be using has a higher roof and more than enough place inside.
My dad says I have standards like a rat so I could basically live anywhere :D
It's gonna be so cool, I can go anywhere I want and pay about 600$ "rent" per year.

I'd like a cappuchino and a steak, medium done

Take said rent and bill money and bail.

I live in rural Pennsylvania. I'm doing better than most of my friends right now. Even the ones with a degree are working at McDonald's. The only way to make decent money around here is to work construction/roofing, and you end up getting laid off 4 months out of the year.

Kick his stupid ass out the house. What the fucking fuck is wrong with your brain. He throws a tantrum, then throw a fucking table. Throw that bitch out of the house.

I can't really, it's his house more than it is mine. Although neither of us really "owns" it. My great grandfather built it, and its just been passed through the generations