I don't even understand how this isn't just accepted as the greatest album of all time by everybody

I don't even understand how this isn't just accepted as the greatest album of all time by everybody

not even the best sufjan stevens album

It's really good but all time? Idk about that

*Teleports behind you*
"psssshhh...nothin personnel kid.."

I like adz but it's really not even close lyrically, thematically, or composition wise

Although it's a very good album, it's overshadowed by as well as Carrie and Lowell

Because there's better albums....

...also, the guy who made it has a stupid hat.

The mountain goats aren't even as good as AJJ

>lyrically
I can sort of agree with this but I appreciate Adz's lyricism, with the repitition of phrases as almost a mantra.
>thematically
Don't agree with this, Adz is just such a more personal album thematically, Illinois is much more all over the place thematically.
>composition wise
I really like the electronics in Adz and I appreciate it more just because of how unique it sounds as a composition.

illinois > adz >c&l

michigan > adz > illnois > seven swans > c&l

bad

god will forgive you for your sins

what did he mean by this?

>christ would be ashamed of us all
jeez didnt know he was THAT religous

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US. HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US. HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US.

hes actually based compared to the fraud Christians who run churches

illinois > michigan > seven swans > carrie and lowell > christmas music >age of adz > everything else (shit)

Friendly reminder

YOU GO SUFJAN.

If Michigan were more inspired in terms of its harmonies, chord progressions, etc. it'd maybe trump Illinois (if only because Illinois is a little too careful and Michigan is almost the right amount of slapdash) but it doesn't.

Where Michigan trumps Illinoise for me is the feelings it invokes. Yes, Illinoise happy, sad, joyful etc., But Michigan makes me feel like I'm in a small hunting cabin on the North Peninsula, looking at the fresh snowfall while eating a nice breakfast, wrapped up in a cozy blanket. It just has this feeling of contentness and unity that I feel Illinoise don't want have. Illinoise is still better though, I just wish it was more cohesive.

I like enjoy your rabbit though so ur wrong.

Because not everyone is a giant pussy.

Michigan has amazing songs on it. Romulus, Flint, Detroit, those are all my favourite Sufjan songs, but Illinoise just has the consitency of quality. You can finish Illinoise and feel complete in a way, but with Michigan, there's something missing.

Yeah, I definitely don't think Illinois eliminates the need for Michigan. It's a different animal mostly.

oh look, someone just started college

>It just has this feeling of contentness and unity
unity I agree, but some of the songs are fucking crushing

>I came to uchicago because of sufjan stevens' illinoise