youtube.com/watch?v=IdKr6_AjwIk
youtube.com/watch?v=2F0HmlmUne4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=jOB5m8_x9fI

why have i never seen this on Sup Forums, it's amazing

melodic black metal should have gained traction instead of atmoshit

Nice

yo this is fucking good.

Forest poetry by ildjarn is very good. The punkish simplicity keeps it engaging for me

It did, it just turned into shitty nuclear blast-core. The only good meloblack right now is the offshoots of MGLA, most of which are better than MGLA themselves.

Ildjarn is great in general, but I love his ambient works much more than his black metal. I find it so strange too, as it's pretty much the exact opposite of what he does on Forest Poetry and Strength & Anger.

ildjarn is a teacher and lives in a cabin at the woods

That's fascinating. I laughed reading his Wikipedia page for why Ildjarn ended.

>Part of Vidar Vaaer's motivation for ending Ildjarn was due to his 4-track recorder breaking

That's actually really funny

What are you listening to?

I'm giving my Telepathic with the Deceased cassette a spin, feeling pretty down tonight so it's fitting.

>something that's not memegla is better than memegla
shocking

I actually dont think memegla is that great, their offshoots have been great though.

I don't think you understood me
mgla sux lmao

Listening to Mare Cognitum in bed. Ready to fall asleep.

Mooncitidel is some solid newish (released something last year iirc) black metal. Dude behind everything but the drums did live stuff with Goatmoon according to metallum.

No. Very bad.

t. Guy who's owned it in two formats before

What are the essential muh-gla core?

Huh.... you know honestly, I know i've heard derivative shit, but I can't remember much right now. Pillorian is basically very sad atmo mgla tho, try that.

>220×220

what are you doin nigga

>what are you doin nigga
first one that came up on Google cause I'm a lazy son of a bitch

>not having high resolution artwork stored with every album in your collection

what are you doin nigga

>high resolution for black metal album art

That's not very kvlt of you.

If the band wanted the artwork to be kvlt, they would intentionally issue it in low quality. Bastardizing the artwork yourself is just plebbery.

Fagalloch is hardly trve anyway.

>give this a listen
>it's literally blackened explosions in the sky if made by a homeless dude
what the fuck
I like it a lot though

uada is probably the closest copy of mgla there is to date. Pure copy of sound and song structure. fucks sake even their name.

>it's literally blackened explosions in the sky if made by a homeless dude

Kek. Never heard it described that way, but I guess I understand. I love it a lot thought, it's absolutely beautiful and by far the best LLN release.

What's some good more experimental/avant-garde black metal I can check out? I was listening to Ordo Ad Chao last night and it's got me in the mood for some similar or even more out there stuff

Plasmodium - Entheognosis
Todesstoß - Hirngemeer
Lunatic Gods - Inhuman & Insensible (not as much experimental as just fucking bizarre clown world but still)
Root - Zjevení
Spektr - Cypher
Striborg - Ghostwoodlands
Leviathan - Tentacles of Whorror
Reverorum Ib Malacht - What Do You Think of the Old God, We Call Him Judas?
Abhor - Vocat spiritum morti

those are some of what i got at least. Most of them aren't going to be tagged with avant-garde metal or anything, but they're pretty damn weird or experimental in some way.

I figured this would be a good place to ask, what's the difference between the "fake" and "true" version of this album? I can't seem to find the "true" version anywhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=IdKr6_AjwIk

what the fuck does that even mean?

The artist claimed that he only gave copies of the album to 60 people and released a version of the album that's just a remixed version of the album prior to this. This is the remix.

Oh

Yeah idk where you would find that, sorry man.

what does Sup Forums think of atmo?

>pic related

Out of all of these what would you rec

They are all of different aspects of black metal
I recommend them all but my favorites are anal throne, invertebrate and mons veneris

Min Kniv

Aakon Keetreh is the best LLN project, followed by Moevot of course.

Does anyone fuck with Greek black metal? If not, pic related is highly recommendable.

brenoritvrezorkre is my personal favorite from lln

After Norway and Poland, the Hellenic scene is my favorite Black Metal scene. So much great melodic albums came out in the late 90's it's incredible. But Dawn of the Martyrdom will always be my favorite Greek album.

Bump

All the bands posted ITT are S H I T compared to ANY band from Norway's second wave.

Just because something is less known, it doesn't mean it's better, you sad wannabe poseurs.

Now come at me with the angry (You)s, I know how triggered you little manlets get.

Mayhem is my favorite band.

>All the bands posted ITT are S H I T
>Mayhem is my favorite band
lol

>28/m/Trve Kvlt/Kauai

Who else do you know with Kvlt tattoed on them?

>base as fuck

>MyBlack Metal project Brontemancer
>Kik:
RobCrystalAcc1995

>Pic related

i plan on getting the burzum logo on my butt

Outside of /nbbmn/, this general seems to go to shit pretty quickly.

it's always garbage. /metal/ is for memes, and every other metal general is garbage.

metal is best left to your own devices on the internet. dont come to Sup Forums for it.

>thinking you'll find the trve version online.

Doubtful.

Saw them live like 2 days ago

Great raw black metal youtube.com/watch?v=2F0HmlmUne4

Is OPs picture a soundkit? Where can I find it?

>incapable of ignoring 4 shitposts

you should probably stop browsing this site

Black Cilice is the best thing in that style going right now

>ending your band cuz you're a poorfag
Fuck, man, I really identify with that

Just started listening to this for the first time. This is really great user! I immediately thought of Caedes Cruenta, which is a good thing in my book.