The horror

The horror...

>There are people doubting there is any other sort of life in the Universe
>There are people who think we are unique

trillions of trillions of planets
Actually the statistics would be extremly low for no other planet having life on it

Sometimes I wonder if there is like a different scale to the universe that we can't see

yes you cannot begin to comprehend the size of it.

We are unique, we are the one.

I doubt anyone thinks there's no other life out there.

No other intelligent life, though? Plausible.

There is definitely some sort of life out in the universe. Intelligent life? Well that is debatable, you gotta think about the odds of us being here right now.

Quite cleverly hiddenm I commend you.

>Actually the statistics would be extremly low for no other planet having life on it

Yea.. no

I think the real question is, how long can life really survive out there, how long do WE have left.

Because at our current rate theres a 95% chance we wont even survive our own solar system.

I don't think the human mind can really comprehend how large the universe is.

There is no way that there isn't intelligent life. just no way.

If you believe in the possibility of the "multiverse" this shits a trip... Entire seperate universes.. Who knows what could be even BEYOND that.. Like FUCK.

???

But what about this

Huh? there's nothing hidden, it's a Hubble picture.

He's just trolling to try and get you to waste your time searching through the picture for something that you don't even know what it is. Just ignore him and keep browsing.

this sounds like faith. there is absolutely no evidence of there being a second genesis. you believe something based on statistics that tell you otherwise.

maybe there is a universe where i wont die alone

We are quite literally smaller than an atom at a universal scale.

Might come off as a shit head, but my couple times under the influence of lsd gave me a lot of perspective (probably incorrect) about the scale of the universe and where we fall into it. Our individual goal as a single human is to live, reproduce, and get your children to reproduce. The goal of mankind as a species is that but also innately to explore and learn more. But it takes all the rest of man to help support and fuel that expedition.

Right in the feels

>idence of there being a second genesis. you believe something based on statistics that tell you otherwise.
>>>
> Anonymous 10/27/16(Thu)15:08:41 No.709559933 ▶
>File: 1447040462723s.jpg (3 KB, 98x125)
>
>maybe there is a universe where i wont die alone
No user, I'm sorry, but not you.

Can we not have lsd shitheads ruining this thread please thank you.

On the Universal scale, we're a microscopic colony of bacteria on a grain of salt.

Get FROSTy ftmfw

"THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER."

>200▶
> (You)
>On the Universal scale, we're a microscopic colony of bacteria on a grain of salt.

Fuck.

>42

This just shows that you dont realize how fuckign small an atom is, or its sub atomical parts its made out of ( Up and down quarcks and electrons), electrons being the smallest part, they are so tiny they are called Fundamental particles...they can not be split.
the only ingredient to an electron is... and electron.

Well, when you have people believing in pic related, can you really be that surprised other intelligent life doesn't bother with us?

The horror....

Intelligent life might not be as uncommon as we think. You might wonder: If intelligence has been such a successful attribute to survival, why are we the only ones to possess such a trait?

Well, we have witnessed an increasing grip on nature in recent years (the past 200 years). We have invented new ways to help us do more in less time, we are developing ways to manipulate genetics, and we envision a future where we can traverse vast distances and explore space-colonizing new worlds and discovering new life. It would be fair to assume that any planet with life would have intelligent life on it, but only of a single species.

The odds of us being here may look slim, but the universe is expanding at a rate which we cannot even fathom exploration outside of our own galactic neighborhood. However, in time, the universe has ceased to be chaotic. Fewer and fewer chunks of mass collide together like they did millions and billions of years ago. This leaves more time for life to develop and evolve on planets beyond our solar system. Intelligence is surely on the to-do list for some of the life-forms on the other planets.

So are you saying we're as small as or bigger than the atom or the sub atomical parts.. But no shit that's fucking high school science.

Most probably.

Alternate universes, or even some galaxies could have their own physics.

Charlie dont surf!

On a universal scale, we are a virus, Mr. Anderson.

Guys, did the universe really come from nothing?

And if sub-atomic particles travel through time and space, does that mean we can too?

Last one: is it possible the multiverse theory is true?

What the fuck are you talking about you fucking troglodyte? Jesus man sober up.

ur fuckin mums a virus

no doctor bags bruh?

>...of the deep

>And if sub-atomic particles travel through time and space, does that mean we can too?

wtf cunt

The most recent mars missions are looking for past/present life.

They've stopped ditching dying satellites on planets/ moons because they think there could be life.

You didn't even say what the fuck your point was you mongoloid wide domed mother fucker.
Smaller or bigger? What were you getting at? Everybody in the civilized world and their left nut knows what an electron is and how an atom works at a basic level.
In comparison (key word comparison) to the universe man is like (not is) an atom.

Shieeet rs bread?
Post em?

The point is pretty fucking evident, you have 0 understanding of scale, not even fucking close.

Your littel cumskin brain is not programmed for advanced thinking. stick to farming dale.

Oi, g'day cunt. I'm asking if we could travel forward in time using wormholes.

this is now a RS thread

That would be frightening. Would you feel guilty about pounding down an ant colony?

Or do you think we would care if we chopped down a forest to add our own infrastructure, if it possessed a group of the smartest squirrels? No matter what happens, the squirrel wouldn't be able to communicate with us, and when we kill it, we don't feel any remorse. As sad as that is, you cannot say otherwise.

So, if a civilization saw us, why wouldn't they think of us like the squirrel. "Oh look at those little apes playing on their 'smartphones,' oh well.. now they're dead." I'd prefer to think of ourselves as more intelligent than unintelligent.

I made this about a week ago. I have many 99s (including farming), but can no longer so much as login to RS on this laptop.

no we are not. i bet you 10 bucks.

Exactly, thank you.

Y'all actually believe the absolute bullshit NASA feeds to you by the spoon. They are filling you all full of absolute shit. Mars rover? Man they havent even been to the moon. Every photo of earth or any planet is a composite. NASA is "for entertainment purposes only"

It's alright bb I'll farm your ass all fucking night. I'll break it down Barney style for you since not even fucking armor piercing 50 caliber rounds can pierce that fucking tungsten skull of yours. Atom is fucking tiny yes, so are we in comparison to the universe which is fucking massive. Tiny like atom (like your melon) when looking at giant universe.

Shit dog just reminded me to get my tinfoil hat, thanks user.

Laptop shit the bricks or you just not update malware definitions in a couple centuries?

NASA is as relevant as a Hollywood movie. Over budgeted brain fucking wizardry. Laugh away, wont be for long.

Your retarded analogy broken down:
Humans are X, so is Z compared to Y...so this means we must be Z.

It makes 0 sense, your brain is literally not wired for this stop barbarising yourself.

yes

Yes op, absolutely unfathomable.

Well, the laptop *is* from 2008...

Nice pic.

Which one's Earth?

How?

Thanks for the (you). Here's one for you, tooooooo

What the fuck user are you fucking high?
Jesus christ I can't be the only one here who sitting here face palming all the way through my entire head. I'm done user, I can't even.
You're full blown been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

how could we get a picture of the milky way? not to mention you cant see planets from other solar systems, we just recently made a new telescope that can by blocking out the light of the star so they can look at the reflected light

So how are pretty pictures of nebulas and galaxies etc.. proved for authenticity also the "facts" they are so quick to publish about them?

It's alright user. All been there. Old school should run good. I haven't gotten around to it since I don't feel like just starting all over again.

Notice all the slack jaw head slanted dudes. New zombie shit for halloween event

Statistically speaking there's a good change that another race has far surpassed our own technological levels.

>not to mention you cant see planets from other solar systems
Actually, we can. At least a few of the brighter ones.

>tumblr

I wish I could in my lifetime see our planet visited by intelligent life that didn't want to eat us, steal our water, rape our women or anally probe us. Seriously, I want to see a change that would shatter our concepts of the universe and our place in it. We'll end up destroying ourselves or dying on this fucking rock.

I guess I should try osrs. At least that could tide me over until I can get a new laptop and back on 3.

got it from google

But if aliens had greater technology than our own, how much greater could it be? We are kinda advanced. There's not much more we will be able to do than what we can now.

How are you this dumb? pretty sure this is bait at this point.

Stars zipping around the black hole in the centre of our galaaxy.

>We are kinda advanced.
>won't resort to solar power because people honestly believe it would drain the sun
We're the Talaxians of the Alpha Quadrant.

I don't even know what to believe in anymore

Nice Ad homonym, but you didn't address anything anyone said int his thread, you're one of these extra Y chromobois aren't you...
Blurt out some dumb shit until someone points out you are full of shit, then start attacking people on personality not on substance.

Boy you could not be more American.

Not necessarily.
I may sound pretty optimistic here, but with our rate of progress, all we have to do is not die off, before we can get to the good stuff, and then we can probably do things like
terra-form, if not create whole stars/planets,
create or at leas seed life on other planets,
defeat time/space limitations, (or at least advance within it)

We are already building computers that could calculate all this stuff. Not long before we can do it.

i dont want to think about it

>not much more we will be able to do than what we can now

Sweet child, imagine how advanced we would be 5 million years from now.

there could be life so advanced they could be orbs of light with a shared consciousness. They could be so advanced that they would seem Gods to us.

We still haven't shedded our meat sack bodies.

We will be able to do full head transplants 100 years or so, maybe even transplanting consciousness into quantum computers. Or robots.

Future virtual reality will make today's shit look like sticks and stones.

I understood that reference!

This reminds me i still need to fly 300LY to find the nearest space station... thanks user

ALIENS ARE NOT SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN
They are simply a myth people create so that they have something to believe in. These people probably suffer from some range of serotonin imbalance, causing them to seek 'dreamy' 'out of this world' storylines. It's simply a defense mechanism to the boringness and repetition of daily life. These people that think aliens 'are out there' are imbeciles and should probably get an education.

SOL is somewhat on the edge of the galaxy, we are ''on the outside looking in'' if you will, go to the desert and you will be able to see it with your naked eyes fampai

Yeah, yes

Trillions of planets in our own galaxy, and how many galaxies are there? more than a billion. So basically Trillion times a billion. There has to be a life.

But we are proven. On the contrary, it would be delusional to think this single spec has the only intelligent life in the universe. If that were true, it would be so statistically improbable it would be much more than a miracle that we exist, to the point of it being more unlikely than buying the winning lottery ticket every year of your life.

there is no evidence of you being not a faggot either.

2% of the known cosmos is mapped. How could you possibly know that there is no life? It's just a god-complex, those men who think they are the only chosen beings in this universe.

meant to

Well said. How did the white race get this stupid?

Okay go back to my first post. Where I said we are smaller than an atom at a universal scale.
What is so fucking dumb about that. He tried to correct my shit but didn't even make his point, so I called his ass out. I feel bad for you, being raised to be so beta and go as far as to defend a cuck on Sup Forums. I pity you man.