Why was the Vietnam War unjustified?

Why was the Vietnam War unjustified?

it was about politics not people

bit like this election

not a question of justified vs unjustified

robert mcnamara admits that the gulf of tonkin was faked

the justification was basically the domino theory: that if vietnam became communist ore countries would fall to communism.

Ironic, given that vietnam did become communist and ended up going to war with china right after america left. Also, the illegal bombing campaigns of cambodia actually aided Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge in rising to power.

*more

Because I got these dubs.
>check em

Yes and no,

Russia loved pumping communism into places and then exploiting them. Eastern europe suffered as Russia filled their coffers while pretending to be great liberators. They then did this shit into Asia and some places of south america. The united states did not want to be contented with their failure of preventing this outcome like it did with berlin.

The race against russia was not one of pride like liberals have tried desperately to sway. But the greatest generations want to end imperialism such as Churchills Percentages agreement.

The great irony of the flower bullshit movement out of Britain that would plague the US. Is that it was Britain that thrusted us into the cold war, just as it thrusted the jet engine into the Mig.

High-pitched Voiced complicit cock suckers they are.

I thought the cold war started before Vietnam, in 1945?

Meh, that was a lot of the Spin but IMHO it was more about billions of dollars of helicopters and jets.

Unjustified and Immoral. Drafted Dec 1965. Served drank the cool aid, and slowly over the years came to the realization that the war was unjustified, and the Govt. lied to the country. Just like Iraq.

Thank you for your service

You are the first person in 50 years to say that. Like most other guys that served, we came home took off our uniforms and tried to never look back. Thank You

It did, but the battlegrounds continued to move as russia did. When the russians began exploiting vietnam and arming the NVA the united states monitored the situation.

Eventually this would lead to the gulf of tonken incident. The NVA torpedo boats were undisciplined and typically fired at anything. When the NVA group spotted a US destroyer they moved into an aggressive attack pattern. But as the US Destroyer came into view the NVA shit their pants and fled. The issue with the scenario is no one is for sure whether or not the NVA actually fired at the US destroyer.

One possibility is that they did but missed or the torpedo malfunctioned.

Another is that although they did not fire, the aggressive action was enough to piss off the hornets nest.

The end result is that Lyndon B Johnson used executive powers to respond to the NVA.

Most people between the ages of 20-35 think you did a fantastic job considering both arms tied behind your back.

No problem

We were helping France.

Oops! This was meant for

>not actually fighting for anything meaningful
>inb4 muh communism
>forced people who shouldn't have been involved to get involved
>had no affect in the end

But it did give me this fucking awesome picture

Alot of cool pictures came out of the Vietnam War

>Russia loved pumping communism into places and then exploiting them

Russia does whatever the fuck it wants for any little benefit. Watch them swallow up eastern Europe and keep it a shithole for many years just for a bit of """protection"""

fuck russia. Literally shit tier country.

No kid we were not helping France, we were propping up a leader who we led the plot to overthrow using the CIA . We should have learned from the French, at Dien Ben Phu . VC were in essence fighting a foreign invader, and were willing to fight to the last man, woman and child. Don't misunderstand me, at the time i saw myself as fighting to keep the poor people of South Viet Nam free. i did what a soldier does kill or be killed. Only later did the reality of what Viet Nam was became apparent to me. I make no apologies for my service. I blame my Govt. for being dishonest

America does the same shit just way more and way worse.

It wasn't. Killed alot of dinks and boosted the economy while doing so.

Pretty soon they're gonna do it again, but with Syria and Russia. The corruption must stop.

>north korea is completely shit
>south korea is actually a good country

I get what you mean, the middle east and all. But aside from that russia is much worse. I'm not saying Amerika is perfect either. America is pretty shit too.

We lost money

>They were fighting a foreign invader

So was germany,

It prevented the nuclear apocalypse

In their minds asshole. I sm not suggesting we were like the Nazies and Getmany. What I am saying is the VC and NVA fought to defeat what in their minds was another foreign invader, in a long list of foreign invaders going back to the Chineese. They were prepared to fight to the desth to defeat what in their minds was a foreign invader we could never have defested them without totally anielating them

Because there was no point in it. It was fought by people who didn't want to be there over something that was none of their business and ended up happening anyway which, as it turned out, was of no consequence.

and the kicker my friend is that our Govt came to this realization in 68 after Tet, and still sent my generation to fight and die there, when our Govt. had no intention of doing what had to be done to win that war. For that Inwill always be bitter.

>unjustified?

it would have better to let the commies take over all the gook countries. Imagine if Korea had not been fought for - no Samsung galaxy note fires.

That really sucks dude. I am sorry for your loss.

Because North Vietnam had no reason to spread their filthy degenerate form of government.