Tfw a harpist (by profession) makes better recorded music than women who are recording musicians (by profession)

>tfw a harpist (by profession) makes better recorded music than women who are recording musicians (by profession)

get REKT

How can she be so based?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BOlhc5KADwv/
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/
rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>AAAAAEEAAEEAAEEAAGGGGGHHHHH

she's a horrible singer

delete this

>tfw no qt Joanna gf

I honestly had a hard time believing at first that people actually, unironically enjoyed her music, 2bh.

she has a good bum

HOoM > Ys > Divers > MeM

>How can she be so based?
What about her terrible voice? Did you forget about that?

BTW, Grimes > Joanna

you all have no reason to be on a music board

>tfw work with a girl that looks exactly like Joanna Newsom
>except she doesn't have a fat ass like Joanna

why even live?

both are great, but claire is supercute

both are terrible womanlets though

>being a femlet

google just told me only one inch separates them

Grimes and Joanna have LITERALLY the same child-like singing voice. Did you forget about that, shithead?

I love her music, but I don't even know if I'd even like it more if she was a better singer.

Yeah, I was also shocked to learn that she is primarily a professional harpist that decided to record some music, I was stunned

Have One on Me is the album of the decade

Which one would you bang first?

BTW, you are wrong
Keep living in a delusion, kiddo.

user, have you seen Joanna's ass? How is this even a question?

She's great, she should really be more famous

joanna is preggers...divers will be her last decent album before full-on slide into MOR soccer mom tier soft rock

instagram.com/p/BOlhc5KADwv/

Was MeM only a memE?

>RYM

i'm of the unpopular opinion that I think it'd be neat if she retired musically early.

too many musicians go for too long.

it's an unpopular opinion because it's a shit opinion

worst case scenario she never releases anything good again and nothing is lost

best case scenario she continues to release great music and something is gained

Here's another photo of the two

kek

>based
>married a jew

fuck off idiot

sent ;)

I love that story where Grimes told Joanna she grew up listening to her music and that made Joanna feel old since no one before told her they "grew up" listening to her music, heh

good goy

top kek

this is just genius

She is pretty based

Fuck her and her (((husband))), and her uncle (((Gavin Newsom)))

JN is a crypto-Hollywood fraud.

>Interviewer: What young artists do you feel an affinity with? I heard you're a Kendrick fan.
>Joanna Newsom: I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.
spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/

>In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.
rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/

>implying that nerdy site has any relevance

This. I'm calling bullshit on Joanna Newsom.

Claire's height is 165 cm / 5'5. That's a normal height for a woman.

>RYM outed as plebs
The real genius is never recognized while it's alive.

>implying that nerdy site has any relevance

And are you implying that your shitty opinion on an anonymous imageboard is more relevant than aggregate rating of a few thousand people? Your mommy didn't give you enough attention while you were a child so you have self-esteem issues now?

yep nepotismed into the industry

My opinion is irrelevant too. I never claimed otherwise. But the consensus? That's relevant. And the consensus regarding Grimz is really, really positive. Now you're free to go mad. Start!

PS: bonus www.whatdoestheinternetthink.net/grimes

Yep, but it's not really an industry.

She's one of (((them))).

Wtf are these conspiracy theories

>THE MEADOW LARK EIUIIIIIUUUI
>Banjo noises

Man, I hated her in highschool, but I received a physical copy of Have One on Me for my 21st birthday and decided to give her another chance. As a fan, her voice is definitely an acquired taste. But the way she writes and composes sometimes is incredible. Baby Birch is one of my all time favorite songs.

how is Joanna Newsom not a recording artist by profession

she's a harpist that plays in orchestras or has solo performances of classical and traditional pieces

Perfect taste

any other harpists worth listening to?

I am in the other side of the spectrum. Listening to her made me think that everyone on here would love her style, specially her phrasing.

Never listened to her until see this thread.

Holy shit.

You must be new. I'm glad we helped you discover this amazing artist :-)

Ys will blow your mind away user. I wish I could listen to it all over again.