smart-anons,
you ever wish you were not so smart?
seems like dumber people are happier.

Other urls found in this thread:

smo.do/DrXpfF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am stupid.

I love boobs 4ever

sometimes, but it's really my only positive trait.

although it fucks me because as a child i could never get away with anything because i was "too smart to not think about it"

It's a double edged sword, we wish we were dumb so we could be happy, but we can't stand the thought of not beingredients as smart as we are. It's a grass is always greener scenario.

Yes in everyway and everyday

You sir, an not smart.

shouldn't it be the opposite that you are smart so you lie your way out of a lot of shit?

You aren't either.
Heeeey!

Use your smart to make money
and torture the dumb, that way you'll always feel better than they will and you'll never have to be sad about being smart again.

dad's a retired interrogator for the DEA, fuck'd me on the whole bullshitting my way out of things lol.

>Heeeey!
WASSSSUPPP

I consider myself slightly above average or so. But sometimes I wish I could be completely ignorant and just enjoy the little things. Is the life of a slave so bad if you don't know you're a slave? Isn't it worse to know you're a slave and getting fucked?

How about sauce on that gif?!

obviously the 2nd case is worse

Not smart enough for that

If i wanted to be stupider i could simply kill myself to knock my IQ to 0. Or i can blast myself with high potency drugs for years on end and gradually damage my brain.

The worst is having to "dumb myself down" in order to carry on a conversation with most people. Start using a "deep" vocabulary and people look at you like you have cancer.

133 last i was tested but who really gives a shit..

looks like you are at a comfortable level of stupid already

I dont think there is a a certain problem all smart people have to deal with, that dumb ones would never have. Id say your "problem" has nothing to do with your intellect, but with you in personal.
Why not use your smart brain to earn lots of money and get lots of women?

>inb4 literally everyone on this board thinks they're a omniscient hacker

if ur so smart y dont u figure out a way to be happy faggot

Julianna Vega

I put higher value on the truth than my pleasure and hate myself for it because of how fucking bleak my world view is haha kill me

I'm really good at critical thinking/problem solving and working with people who just can't do it is fucking aggravating as hell.

Got any examples of what you're good at?

very, very smart user here. i would like to be happier, yes. but i also get to be happy about odd shit like reading about the proof of fermats last theorem, and understanding it JUST enough to get ecstatic. so, i do like being smart, just have to remember to be happy too.

Lateral thinking, coming up with novel solutions to everyday problems that arise.

Shocking newsflash for OP and everyone that feels this thread speaks to them: You're not all that smart. The people around you are a bunch of mouthbreathing dumbfucks and that sets the bar pretty damned low, so you might think you're hella bright... but you are not. Your delusional self-regard is prolly fucking huge, but your actual intelligence is, at best, marginally above average. Glad I could clear that up for you and take away your last bit of consolation. Have a nice day.

Yes
Wasnt there a study that found a direct correlation between intelligence and depression
Like the smarter you are the more likely you'll have depression

Wanton ignorance is the key to bliss

Oh god yes. Lateral thinking is the best. Im super good at it because i was partially psychotic for a while. Its almost like uncontrollable super diffusive thinking that takes you to the strangest of places.

im hella smart like intelectul mostly tho not rly book shit like math. and im hella depressed tbh. why is the world so pointliss? fuk.

dumb people being happier is some thing that dumb people, who think they are smart, say to excuse why their life is so shit.

Everyone is fucking stupid.
You're only slightly less fucking stupid than others when you realize that you're just as fucking stupid as everyone else.

>shit i cant find my keys
>i better look for them
>hey i found them!

ya youre so smart and special faggot.

i have thought about it a lot, but i doubt it would really change anything.. Everyone goes through life and experiences many troubles some more than others, but i feel like level of intelligence doesnt really make that big of a difference. In fact when more intelligent you are more likely to to make your life easier in my opinion. Everything comes with its burdens tho...

Eh. Similar issue.
It's not that I'm "smart", but I'm just paralyzed in an existential malaise at the fact that the majority of humanity is dependent on a completely unsustainable industrial civilization which is globally expanding at an exponential rate, irreparably destroying entire ecosystems, fueled by perpetual war, media manipulation, unconscious consumerism, and corrupt governments that create more problems they purport to solve. And few people seem to give a shit enough to even sincerely work on themselves to become a better person. And those that do, who shun government's inherent violence, who try to use their privileged lifestyle to spread knowledge & raise awareness, who engage in self work, are so relatively few and scattered that they are unable to alter the trajectory of imminent global catastrophe.

Stfu op and give me salsa

And you post on Sup Forums? You. Are. Adorable!

>implying

Wow. That hits a little too close to home man.

What a dumb question.

This is bait, but anyone falling for it: you are not as smart as you think you are. Youre not a friendless uncool loser simply because you're "too smart" for it. If anything people that doubt their own intelligence may be smarter.

I don't consider myself smart but the way some people act is just

Yeah I'm highly intelligent. I fantasize about killing myself everyday.

No, not really. I wish I was quite a bit smarter than I am, actually. I was in the 90th percentile of every academic subject in school (as far as standardized testing was concerned) and I ended up graduating college with honors.

Problem is, 90th percentile doesn't mean half a dick if you're interested in contributing novel insights to most fields. I'm just smart enough to see the enormous rift between me and the people who define their professions. It's an emasculating place to be.

No, but I wish I was a different kind of smart. If I were good with computers or engineering I'd be set in terms of career. If I were some kind of math whiz I could just get genius grants and shit. As it stands, I'm waiting on a low-level state government position in the field of law because that's where I'm smart.

Wasting your time, anons. This thread is by and for wannabe special snowflake adolescents and not adults with a sense of perspective.

This is very true, I know from first-hand experience.

When I was in K-12 school (graduated this year), I always felt like I was thrown into to special ed classes. This one time in 6th grade, I was gone for 3 months, so I had to make up every bit of class- and home-work. They gave me one period out the the day to do it at my own pace; I finished in less than a week. I honestly felt that school was a waste of time, like I was a collegiate sprinter forced to run at the pace of the kids at fat camp.

So yes, I wish I wasn't smart. I might not have been bored out of my skull for 12 years.

So why are you here?

>into to special ed classes
God I fucking hate myself and this phone of mine

/thread

> (OP)
>Everyone is fucking stupid.
>You're only slightly less fucking stupid than others when you realize that you're just as fucking stupid as everyone else.
-Socrates

>had debate today for a communications course
>inb4 college is a scam
>debate was on foreign policy
>went way into it
>opponent did not
>felt terrible because he got a bad grade

Sup Forums was never good.
whoops, I meant humanity, not Sup Forums.

The worst pain isn't being dumb as fuck or being too smart. It's being just smart enough to know you're not smart and will never accomplish anything.

Yeah, we're all the same. There really is no difference from one person the next.

once you wake up you can not go back to sleep. I see the system for what it is. Human slavery via banking systems and political ideology.

Gotta be careful with that shit user. It's debilitating / doesn't really fix anything.

does getting called a smartass count as being a clever cunt?

That's because every time you meet someone happy you decide the reason they're happy isn't because they've learned to handle their emotions better than you but instead that they're just stupid. Nobody is constantly happy, but some people are better than others at controlling what they allow to ruin their day. Just wait til you get older or something.

best cringe thread in a while boys

Ignorance is bliss

My nigga

Its the truth, you just gotta grin and bear it

Who /dumb/ here? I am, like normally I consider myself pretty on the ball with most shit, but when I try to play like a drinking game or anything that takes higher thinking and skill like playing trivia or something, my brain just switches off and I'm like a fucking retard. Anybody else know this feel?

I never wished I wasn't intelligent, or that I didn't know things that disturbed me. I don't pity or look down on less intelligent people. I do however feel unsatisfied with my current understanding of the deeper and underlying meaning of my life, everyone else's and everything beyond that.

I always feel that I can descend to the depths of introspection and philosophy to a much deeper extent than most people, yet I walk around feeling like everybody else knows many things I don't, that I should.

Also, I don't consider myself smart, I'm average. The problem is that the most of the people is under the average. Seriously, you can't have a decent conversation about any topic, they prefer to talk about someone else's life or daydreaming instead of any interesting topic.

Sometimes its easier to think that, but I have found that I would rather live with the crushing despair and hopelessness than float through life as another ignorant lout with no greater understanding or perspective.

Also vote Trump, Clinton is a vote for oligarchical oppresion

If it helps, I used to be smart, then I did some stupid things and let myself slip, now I hate myself and kinda cry a lot.

I don't even feel like I'm a real person sometimes because of how differently I act compared to how I used to.

That's what weed is for.

>smart
>ruled by your emotions
Pick one and only one.
Pro tip: most people believe they are smarter than average. I'm going to let that sit there while you try to figure out why that isn't true.

>trips never lie.
OP i hope you got your answer fagoot

I find that intellegence in this regard is simply a lack of innocence but i think that what ppl often forfet is that no matter what changes everything fundamentally stays relatively the same we pride our selves on our intellengce an yet it seems that children are the ones teaching us how to be happy they that innocence isnt necarily the lack of knowledge but perhaps having. Sad knowledge but still being able to see the beauty in things no matter how smart everyone always has something to teach u

>ignorance is bliss

I guess that's one way to do it.

True shit, that's why I decided to become dumb

Im bssically good will hunting level of genius

quite frequently

it gets lonely

there are maybe, what, 1 in a 500 people I could have a meaningful discussion with

most people, if I get going on something that interests me, their eyes immediately gloss over and at best they'll just say "that's cool user" or at worst they drastically misunderstand something I'm saying and then I'm Hitler

I'm still very satisfied with my own work - after all, there are very few qualified to even really make sense of it let alone judge its worth - but it would be nice to get affirmation from someone where it would actually mean something coming from them

I'm actually unable to even think of most humans as being more than animals, like pets that you can train very well. I wish I could think higher of people, they just don't do much to help with that

~160 IQ here

ITT: lonely fedoraslords

better than tinder! plenty of hooorny sluts of your city on smo.do/DrXpfF

You type like a toddler and frequent this website, so you can't be too smart.

>I'm so smart and lonely, wah wah

Maybe develop some fucking social skills you cheeto-munching retard.

just remember
none of you are anywhere near as smart as you think you are.

To be wise while young is no wisdom at all.

aspergers

Your gif would have been more pertinent if it was somebody masturbating.

lel social skills aren't the problem I am perfectly adept at getting people to do what I want

imagine living in a world where everyone only ever wanted to talk about the latest episode of Big Bang Theory

every single discussion like that - it's boring

it drives you crazy

also I don't even like cheetos so who's the smart one now

better than tinder!! plenty of horny sluts of your city on smo.do/DrXpfF

Are you masturbating to me right now vegeta? I wanna help you

Dubs demands it

>Still types like a toddler

You see, the real issue here is you have no ability to connect or empathize with people, which means you have no social skills.

Thinking you're some edgy master of manipulation just proves the point.

That's why you're fucking lonely, you just look at socialization as a way to get what you want, which is a fucking horrendous attitude.

Tip: Focus more on other people, and less on yourself, and life will be a lot more pleasant.

Talk about yourself less, and be nice to people instead of being a condescending cunt who barely skimped past the 9th grade.

Also, that Facebook IQ test you took was horseshit.

To the person whom sent that awesome comment i understand wgat u mean being smart is incredibly lonely an yet its a gift an with every gift is also a curse an for intelligence it is lonelyness but the beauty of intelligence is that u can think in ways ppl cant lead them but to lead them u must first learn to love them fir there differences an shortcomings just as u have ur own regardless of how smart u are u r a man as flesh an blood as any other there for no better if u are smart guide ppl try ti inspire captuvate the imagination an leave behind a world of oppurtunity for thise after u

Also, not gonna wait for a reply on this one. Just think about what I said.

I got work in the morning, g'night.

shit-tier bait

Mmmmmmmmmm

SAUCE