Why USA still uses fahrenheit, whats so bad about celcius?

Why USA still uses fahrenheit, whats so bad about celcius?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedstates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_ice
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2264917/UK-weather-Treacherous-black-ice-causes-travel-chaos-country-forecasters-predict-snow-afternoon-Heathrow-cancels-200-flights.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

celsius is capitalist evil degree

true heat degrees come used in glorious myanmar and libya

Because, they're too ashamed to change it now

Why India still uses designated shitting street, whats so bad about toilet?

Celsius is for water you dumb shit the freezing point for water is 0 degrees Celsius and the boiling point is 100 degrees Celsius

Fahrenheit is for people, we know 100 degrees Fahrenheit is hot as fuck and 0 degrees Fahrenheit is cold as fuck

37.7778 degrees Celsius is 100 degrees Fahrenheit

Get it?

what is the melting point of humans?

^ 'murica

americans genuinely believe that they live in the greatest country in the world (in reality they arent in the top 50), so they wont change shit.

I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for russia and china (and the rest of the asian countries) to team up and knock those fat fuckers into the dirt

this is inevitable btw, this will happen one day , and youll be sucking everyones dick to come help you out (again)

around 140 degrees Fahrenheit

I'm sure 100 celsius is PRETTY hot as fuck tho, bro

its one of those "its too late to change it now things"

As you can see, Celsius is logically flawed.

Nah by then the jews will have
has it ever gotten to be 212 degrees Fahrenheit in your country

>not so great
>would require unlikely allies to band together to have a chance at stopping us

sure dave

Pretty sure we didn't lose. And I'm pretty sure France actually did

So Fahrenheit was designed to not have negatives temperatures right?
And body temp at 100?

And completely fucking retarded?

Fuck should I know? I'm not retarded to measure temperature in such a pathetic manner.

Seeing as how one of their states has a richer gdp than the entirety of Russia, I think they have a point.
Overall, they're the greatest country in the world. There's really no arguing that point. Go ahead and talk about your health care or safety or education or anything else - pound-for-pound they're better than you.
Accept it and get off of Sup Forums. Oh, and then take the mudslime dick out of your ass; you're embarrassing the rest of your people.

We are talking temperature
not measurements (which I agree we have fucked up on)
or how we arrange dates (which you can do several ways d/m/y d/y/m m/y/d m/d/y y/m/d)

Full on butt hurt American pretending (unconvincingly) that he isn't an American idiot.

pound for pound America is bigger, true, a 36% adult obesity rate is pretty fucking huge.

Anyway, if you think that gdp determines the greatness of a country, you truly are a brainwashed ameritard at its finest. (btw: nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedstates )

Yes, you can write the date many ways.
>but only d/m/y makes any sense.

Go ahead, argue with logic and common sense.
>It would be un-American not to.

cause the us is a bitch and wants to be difficult just like apple

I think you're the one who needs to "get it", Champ.

Bitch, we ain't got time for decimal points.

Because they want to be speshul, just like how they refuse to call soccer it's real name, football. (Yes I know the brits used to do that, but then they got better and started to use the proper name.)

>So Fahrenheit was designed to not have negatives temperatures right?

No we can have negatives, but if your asking if it was designed to have negatives, there isn't anywhere i could find that statment

>And body temp at 100?
actually body temps at and over 100 means your sick and body temp is 98.6 and below in Fahrenheit

>Too busy getting shot at school

We are the last holdout of the 1700s British Empire. We changed the King and have fought like hell to keep everything else the same.

Ultimately underlies and explains almost everything about our culture.

You try to educate that population of imbeciles.

Nobody wants to do it, not even their own government.

are you trying to sound like a cunt

Or, to sum it up in a word:
>stupidity

>Tells the truth
>is a cunt

U.S.A, huh?

Can you please keep it down? I'm trying to take a Donald Trump.

Don't you have to watch you wife get fucked by a sandnigger right now?

KYS BLUE PILLED NORMIE

don't forget they lost a war too against fucking leafs

Sorry my friend, I have to go rewatch the latest MLP so I can review it for my website, we'll have to discuss this at another date
>tips fedora
>skips out
>playfully turns around and winks

>Britain uses Imperial System
>America thinks thats dumb and makes the United States Customary Standard
>Britain starts sweating and makes the Metric System and makes all its colonies adopt it
>Brits now feel morally superior

:|

You're doing it again, you still sound like a cunt.

>temperature not measurements

How do you find out temp? You MEASURE it with a thermometer. Found the retard folks.

its used in science

Doesn't really matter who came up with the metric system. It's still better.

>not in the top 50

i can agree we have our problems but you have to be retarded to think the US is not on the top 50

lol no it's not.
Not even in our own country it isn't.
Only in elementary school thru high school, where bad ideas are perpetuated for the entire country by the Texas education boards disproportionate influence on the textbook industry. Literally USA is only as educated as Texan suburbanites have allowed it to be. Fucking Texas. No wonder our "history" education is little more than a cliffs notes version of a propaganda pamphlet.

And the award for most pedestrian response goes to...

>This cunt

its not so much better as it is different.
For example, Fahrenheit was based on the observational freezing point of Sea Water. Which is useful if you were you know.. in a boat and out at Sea. Celsius based on the freezing point of Distilled water. That isn't terribly useful.for daily life.
Also, in many cases British people STILL use their older imperial system such as weighing things in Stones. Pints of beer and milk. Etc.
We also DO use metric, for example we buy sida in 2 liters. Alcohol is sold as 750mL for the smaller bottles, dailly products such as dental floss, etc. are measured in meters and grams.
Nutrition labels are in metric as well.

Really, both countries use a mixture of systems, but only british people act like a cunt about it and accuse us of using the "Imperial system" (which we don't, you do), We use the US Customary Standard and were the ones who tried to standardize everything in the first place.

are you just the least likeable person in the world or what

If that's the best you can do to defend Fahrenheit,
I'm afraid to tell you that "really cold" and "really hot" are vague as fuck. I can just hold my hand out the window and that would be just as helpful.

>Celsius is for water
>meanwhile Fahrenheit is for brine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit

sorry, Afrika, china, russia have all surpassed america while you were pretending to love your country.

Yeah, when I ever decide to take a boat across to the USA, I'll be so worried THAT THE FUCKING SEA WILL FREEZE

c'mon

no, 0 Fahrenheit is your -18c
100 Fahrenheit is your 37c
you can see how 0 to 100 is pretty representative of hot and cold and pretty much all 4 season states experience 0 to 100 temperatures rarely getting hotter or colder.

They why do Britbongs still use miles per hour but Canadians don't? Checkmate Commonwealth, you've cucked yourselves again.

you might not, but a captain of a ship would like to be conscious of that fact, When you are driving (in which case, the water ha elements of salt, unlike Celsius which does not) will normally freeze at 0F and certainly people in 1724 would be concerned.

>literally the ONLY use for fahrenheit is to help you choose between a shirt and a sweater
KEK
E
K

>Claims the imperial system is better

> doesn't use the imperial system for volumes because it is inconvenient.

This is exactly why we won't switch.

Like at the weather channel in any Celsius using country. It is always a decimal. (22.4*C)

Fahrenheit doesn't need to use a decimal because of the reason in the comment above.

Celcius is bad for your teeth.

and if there is ice on a road, if you have to be concern about icy water if you are on a boat, if you

Fahrenheit actually seems more logical. 100 is really fuckin' hot, 0 is really fuckin' cold.

I live in Australia and the weather channels never use decimals. and even if they did its not that hard to understand you fucking tard

so why dont you just change your weather system to

"really fuckin' cold"
"fuckin' cold" (0)
"cold"
"warm"
"hot"
"fuckin' hot"
"really fuckin hot" (100)

Would that be easier for you dumb dumb ?

I am not saying its better or worse. There are different use cases for using different systems. So much so that WE use metric and YOU use imperial still. Most countries don't strictly follow any system but instead use the system that works the best for that country and there are also all sorts of standards everyone doesn't use. For example, your outlets that every british person is wildly excited about is prob ably the furthest thing from the ACTUAL standard suggested by the ieee and your outlets are actually the result of concessions caused by metal shortages after ww2.
This is the actual ieee standard outlet, which only Brazil uses.
Enjoy being faggots who religiously defend standards when it fits your purpose, then religiously blast standards when it fits your purposes.

>hmmm what's that solid water on the road
>better check the FAHRENHEIT scale to see if it's cold enough to be ice
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

logical does not equal intuitive

you win, I didn't consider that you lived in 1724

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_ice
underage b&

Africa is a 3rd world shithole where tribal bullshit still reigns supreme. South Africs was once great but when the niggers took over it reverted to shit like everything else with too many niggers involved.
China is absolute shit unless you are in the top 1%. Everyone else is basically starving and working in hellish conditions to make iPhones and Nike shoes for Americans to buy.
Europe is overrun with sand niggers thanks to the EU.
The Middle East is sand nigger central and has always and will always be shit.
Nice try faggot.

Actually, yes. That would be much better.
Imagine watching the morning news while getting ready for work and a weatherman points to a green screen, calmly proclaiming, "...and this Saturday, it looks like it's gonna be really fuckin' cold with an 80% chance of snow."

Does that really sound like a world you wouldn't want to live in?

you have been engineering around your retarded outlets that you adopted because of metal shortages in ww2 for YEARS. Sure, it made sense then, but your outlets make Zero sense these days. That doesn't stop you from using it and defending it as one of the best.
You just have misplaced nationalistic tendencies. its fine, we do that with a lot of things as well but it is important to recognize it when you do it.

>apparently only Fahrenheit can be used to see if it's cold enough for ice to form
PFTCHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ARE AMERICANS THIS STUPID?

Americans never take anything seriously. This is why Trump is going to be your next president. Have fun with that.

So I can use weather to gauge temperature. If it's icy, I know it's toward 0°C.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2264917/UK-weather-Treacherous-black-ice-causes-travel-chaos-country-forecasters-predict-snow-afternoon-Heathrow-cancels-200-flights.html

1°C = 1K
1°F = 9/5 K

Wtf dudes ?

>look at this article I cherrypicked that somehow proves that nearly 7 billion people can't use Celsius
PFTCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AMERICAN LOGIC RIGHT HERE, FOLKS
HE'S THAT STUPID

ALSO
>DAILY MAIL
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

underrated kek

> assumes that I'm brittish

it would have to be 30 degrees below 0c since 0c is distilled water, road and sidewalks have usually been treated with salt and salt is naturally occuring around you, as are other elements which lower the freeing point of water. Hence for ice detection, fahrenheit is better.

Honestly I would love to live in a world where reporters swore more often regardless of measurement.
>"Last night, a man led Phoenix police on a 20-minute chase after he continued to drive with an outstanding warrant after being told to stop. About 15 minutes into the chase, however, he pulled into an In-N-Out drive-through to order himself a burger."
>"Fuckin' dumbass."

the daily mail is a british newspaper. You are just mocking yourself at this point.

Fahrenheit is a scale of human habitat. Anything outside of the 0 to 100 scale is pretty much shit weather that you don't want to be in. It's based on the human experience. We Americans use Fahrenheit for every day stuff like "how fucking hot or cold is it outside" and Celsius for physical sciences and kelvin for extreme measurements. We are smart enough to use the right tool for the right tasks instead of being retards and only being able to comprehend one system.
/thread, jealous fags

>AMERICAN LOGIC
YOU'RE WITNESSING IT LIVE FOLKS, FULL-ON AMERICAN RETARDATION

where are you from, since all measurements are based on praacticalities, not god given holy standards. Your country along with every other country uses an admixture of metric, imperial, customary and other standards. So, please tell me.
Of course, unless you are from brazil your outlet is all wrong

Amerifag here. I will gladly admit that the Imperial System is retarded and that the Metric System is probably the way to go.

But Celsius can fuck right off. It's the most retarded temperature scaling system on the planet.

> Need another unit for knowing what is cold or warm
> Call others retards

Ok ...

i wonder at what kind of fahrenheit temperature jet fuel can melt steel beams

Why do you care?

You should then create a new unit for dick size : 0 dickometers is 3 inches, 100 is 12 inches. You can then know if your dick is big or not. Nice logic dumbass.

Efficiency.

Your logic is F makes sense because of an arbitrary and subjective sense of comfortable temperature range. This has to be bait.

I'm from Germany

Now please tell me whats wrong about our outlets, and under what circumstances I use

- imperial
- customary
- other standards

UK here:
Still use Fahrenheit, feet and inches, yards and miles, pounds and ounces, pints and quarts and gallons.
Sensible real world values. Decimal shit is for computers.

>dickometers

I lol'd