youtube.com/watch?v=wwHQyechNm0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gaj8iFlf7FY#t=00m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=uo10HFEfRo4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>best guitarists
>geddy lee
Hefty bait.

>implying a bass guitar isn't a guitar

"bass guitarists". Are you missing a few chromosomes user? OP isn't baiting.

>implying that shrieking jew doesn't take the piss on bass

youtube.com/watch?v=IaH2C2Qe97Y

Obligatory

nice dub dub

and i agree

Kek no

tosin abasi, fucking amazing guitar player

Ayy

He puts all these turds to shame.
The only reason people don't like him is because they want to defend their favorite guitarist and don't like his style of music.

Post the most artistic, soulful piece of music Abasi has played and I'll tell you if it's good or not.

Where's the love for flamenco?

mahnigga.gif

You seem angry friend. Something you wanna talk about?

youtube.com/watch?v=CHXZ1ZqY3jA
for having amazing riffs, seen them live and it was phenomenal firing cannons off and shit. Also because he's kind of the backbone of the band in a very discreet sense.
The new guy they have is very good mind you, his brother stepping in seems kind of fitting...

youtu.be/TNwx84UPzFY

youtu.be/bt-RoSzsEKA

youtu.be/s4Yb_vf-Qfo

Enjoy

Are you fucking serious?

Dimebag!

Roy was the real deal!

makes a couple of good songs
>god tier guitarist hurr durr

pickin' and a grinnin'

Glen played on damn near every record from the '60's

Best guitarist: Bucket head
Best bassist: Les Claypool

>inb4 shit teir dragon force

youtube.com/watch?v=adV8-_hgL4g

Okay autistic grandpa

Neither is either

this guy of course.. he makes that guitar sing!

youtube.com/watch?v=wwHQyechNm0

First link is meh. Second is better but lacks significant impact. Third is quite nice.

Abasi is a technical wizard. His phrasing is not very dynamic. He should try playing different styles of music because this whole modern prog thing he does isn't really demonstrative of his true musicality if he has any. There's really no strong emotional quality to his music.

Eddie Van Halen is garbage and the music is horribly cringey.

Jan Akkerman

Saw Paco John and Al live in Toronto in the 80s. Special guest Steve Morse. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about is jealous as fuck right now.

It is what he loves and he really changed the game for modern metal. It suties him well if you ask me. I see many guitarists nowadays trying to do his techniques. Me being one of them.

What genre would recommend he play then? The prog metal/jazz fusion scene fits him well i think.

I'd agree there's not a lot of depth to the music he's recorded but you have to agree that he is an amazing guitarist, even with the lacking emotional value.

I'm hard pressed to find anyone at his level

Garbage, lol....obviously you didn't watch the vid..

who do you think is god tier?

Who forgot to tell OP that the "Post Geddy Lee pic for a guitar thread" thing is so very overplayed?

Electric guitar has gotten to a point where its more of a percussive instrument and less of a singing instrument and it makes me sad. For all out guitar wankery I like Paul Gilbert.

Damn right I'm jealous as fuck.

I did.
His cocky attitude is cringey and his playing is halfway decent. I know who eddie is and he's nothing impressive. Only to those with a mind as blank as yours.
Newsflash! Popularity does not define your playing.

Music is all about percussive instruments. Guitar is just catching up. Play you melodies all you want but it's all about timing and beats. Why do you think modern day music is all shit lyrics over top of "catchy beats"

Eddie can play, but he can't write a song to save his life - he can only write riffs
He's always relied on people like Dave and Sammy to write lyrics and structure his riffs into songs

Newsflash: being a reactionary hipster about anything that is popular is stupid as fuck. I used to hate all sorts of GREAT fucking music (van Halen, AC/DC, etc) because I was too much of a stuck up cunt to see past its popularity. I ended up growing up and growing out of that autist shit attitude (so there's hope for you yet user), but missed some fucking FANTASTIC live shows because I was an idiot and an asshole.

>Why do you think modern day music is all shit lyrics over top of "catchy beats"
Because niggers are too lazy to learn an instrument nowadays

>it's all about timing and beats
You are why guitar playing is dying.

Jorge Salán

Lol. That post just proves how retarded you are. Have fun with your shitty dad rock.

I mean all power to the guy doing what he loves. I recognize him as a great player technically, there are very few even on par with him, but I just don't hear any distinct individualism in his playing. I don't listen to the genre but I would bet that if you took a blind test comparing what his playing sounds like compared to a hundred of the next best players in the genre you wouldn't pick him out on your first try.
I don't really know what other genre would work. It's hard to say with a guy that plays at his level because I feel like it would be hard for him to significantly dial back his playing.

Rip in peace maestro

Jump, is a song by the American rock band Van Halen. It was released in December 1983 as the lead single from their album 1984. It is Van Halen's most successful single to date reaching number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. As early as 1981, Eddie Van Halen had written the keyboard part that would eventually become this song. David Lee Roth didn't like the idea of Eddie playing keyboards, and it wasn't until Eddie had built his own recording studio (5150) that he recorded the song with Ted Templeman during a late night recording session. When hearing the song, the band decided to include it on the 1984 album - something that is rumored to have contributed to Roth's departure a year later.

Sure do, son. I'll also have fun with the Classical, Jazz, and country that I love. Cause I'm not an autist moron, I get to enjoy more good music.

But hey. Let's dick size, motherfucker. I saw Andre Segovia in concert before he died. You can go to your grave knowing that you never will.

you know hes a bassist....... zzzz i took da bait

Disgruntled slap-tap happy wanna be bass player who makes fart-sniffingly unlistenable music.

Damn man! You're so fucking sensitive!
And who are you to judge? Country is as autistic as it gets. No one gives a shit about your good old days grandpa.

Yngwie Malmsteen, 'nuff said

The synth line was written around 1981 by Eddie Van Halen but it was refused by the other members of the band. In 1983, producer Ted Templeman asked Roth to take a listen to the unused song idea. Riding around in the back of his 1951 Mercury, with band roadie Larry Hostler driving, Roth listened repeatedly to the song. To come up with a lyric for it, he remembered seeing a television news report the night before about a man who was threatening to commit suicide by jumping off of a high building.

Meh

Jeff Beck and Frank Zappa

Yes please
Yesyes

Also obligatory

Decent
There's better tho

>And who are you to judge? Country is as autistic as it gets.

Literally the very next sentence judgmental as fuck. LMAO.

Who else likes Joe Satriani here?

Not the point nigger.

"Dad rock"
Fuck off you cringey piece of shit, you think you're superior? The fuck you listen to? Rings of saturn and that shit
Fucking idiots
I dont even like van halen, but I hate cunts line you

There can be only one true guitar god.

I thank Spongebob every day for introducing me to Tiny Tim.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gaj8iFlf7FY#t=00m30s

Me.

So much technique wasted on such shit wankery

Wew.

There is only one. Les Paul. Everyone else tried to copy him but never came close.

Dadrock is the fedora and cargo pants of music.

Yngwie is great, but so too is Syu from Galneryus.
youtube.com/watch?v=uo10HFEfRo4

Dad rock is cringey garbage. Get over it you sensitive retard.

That's a Bass, get it right faget

Samefaggot here.
Let's also not forget Randy Rhoads. RIP, it's a pity we never got to hear his full potential.

Erectnigger.

You clearly don't understand the technical side of things.

idgaf wat any1 says, drake bells sooo cute and hes soo good @ music

Oh i do. Just not much of a fan of him.
Not saying he sucks.

can't hear shit.

Indeed that he doesn't. I love classical and neoclassical. Lyrics aren't needed when the band is up to snuff - though a good vocalist certainly lends to power metal.
Then again, I'm probably one of five people here who listens to Beethoven, Mozart and Wagner at all.
Define that please?

>couple of good songs
obviously you dont know shit about Ribot, gtfo kid

A nigger with a long hard penis.

I dont even listen to that, Im into metal, but u fucks are the trash of the music industry, so u think that van halen or angus young vouldnt sweep or 8 strings and be "technical"? Its called playing with feeling
Tell me what you listen to, edgy anons