In my local area I can study Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Jujitsu, Judo and Muay Thai...

In my local area I can study Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Jujitsu, Judo and Muay Thai. With a 40 minute train journey I can take weekly classes in the nearby city where I could learn keysi, Krav Maga, Wing Chun, MMA or Ninjutsu.

I would prefer not to travel but if travelling is more worthwhile in user's opinion, I will definitely consider it more and research it.

Before anyone suggests it, I looked for Jeet Kune Do but the nearest club is a two hour train journey away unfortunately.

What does b/ think I should learn?

How to use a gun

fpbp

Kek

Muay Thai is the real deal

From what I've seen it looks pretty great

For his role in Only God Forgives, Ryan Gosling learned and trained Muay Thai for 7 months. After going over the script, Refn decided to make Gosling's character an ammeter fighter with no technical knowledge.

At least he got to learn it regardless..?

I agree, sweet skill to know. Just funny and had to do with the thread (kind of) lol

BJJ and Muay Thai make for a pretty good combination.

I do BJJ and it's fucking cool learning how to grapple, rolling is a great way to experience combat without getting knocked the fuck out. Kickboxing has much bigger hits, gets you a lot fitter and lets you dish it out from a distance so if you're aggressive, I reckon it's your best choice.

Krav maga looks fucking nasty.

See my ideal martial art would be Jeet Kune Do because I prefer staying on my feet for the fight. I am fine with using grapples as a did jujitsu for years but I want a change of pace if you get what I mean.

Muay thai to get in shape and learn how to kick ass, krav mage to learn how to seriously fuck people up.

>K R A V M A G A

Well buddy, I've done karate (one year), taekwondo (three years), Judo (one year) and Muai thai (going for almost one year)

Do you want to show off kicks? go for taekwondo
Do you wanna go to competitions and show off? go for karate
Do you wanna kick ass for real? Go for Muai Thai

For grappling I would go for Jujitsu since it's closer, and you didn't mentioned BJJ.

Krav maga teaches a lot of scenarios and so on, it's pretty good, but man 80 mins, and only weekly classes? not worth for me.

Muai thai teaches you how to use punches, kicks, knees, and elbows, wich can be pretty vicious and useful in many situations.

And jujitsu well teach you how to throw motherfuckers or choke them down.

Sounds like a good combo.

Go ahead user, have fun

I've just discovered the place that teaches Muay Thai also teaches BJJ and Capoeira. Which of those, since that style seems to be primarily your recommendation, would you suggest I choose?

Muay Thai + BJJ for the win. Capoeira is dancing.

krav or keysi then do mma once you have some skills and need the sparring experience

DO NOT SPAR FOR FIRST 6-12 MONTHS YOU WILL NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Which though Muay Thai or BJJ? Which is better?

I think you should learn Bukkake.

I would say Muay Thai. But BJJ is a handy skill to have if the fight goes to the ground.

Depends on why you're doing it, if it's for actual self defence then MMA is probably a good bet, but if it's for anything else then just pick what you think sounds best, I personally do Karate to stop myself becoming a fat shit plus the lessons where I go are cheap but you still get a really nice workout.
Muay Thai has always sounded pretty cool to me so I'd try that personally.

I learnt a lot of ground fighting with my Jujitsu class so I would prefer Muay Thai I reckon. Cheers for the advice m9.

/thread

Written by a fat weeb who would get destroyed by someone half his size.