The OFFICIAL Sup Forums patrician opinions list...

The OFFICIAL Sup Forums patrician opinions list. They cannot be argued against or else you expose yourself as a full pleb. Only TRUE cinematic patricians may add onto this list.

Let us begin:

- Plot is for babies; it is a visual medium, to be used as so
- Star Wars is for 5 year olds
- Stanley Kubrick is a slight step above pleb but nowhere near patrician
- Genre films are trash and are to be treated as such
- Christopher Nolan is pleb tier director; none of his work reaches film status and often time delves into flick tier
- European Cinema is objectively better than other any cinema
- Women cannot truly enjoy a film properly
- Book adaptations are pleb trash fit for only the unoriginal
- Steven Spielberg is intro to pleb tier; no argument can be made against this
- Animation is for children; kill yourself if you enjoy any of the sort and you are older than 10
- CGI is below pleb tier and is automatic filth
- Dialog is for babbies; it is a visual medium, to be used as so
- Naturalism is best style; everything else is commercial shit that are dated before they even leave the editing room. The first film that will be shown to patrician extraterrestrials will be from the realism school
- Remakes and sequels are cancer; no exceptions

Again, only TRUE cinephiles can add onto this list accordingly.

what the fuck does kino even mean

"I'm autistic."

Stale pasta is stale

The last film I watched was Sunset Blvd. Spew your garbage opinions about the film at me.

I'll make the first contribution to the list.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Sniper: Special Ops

Starting with the right foot.

>Sarris put Billy Wilder in the canon

For a guy who started auteurism in the US, he sure made some boneheaded moves.

Only patrician will recognize what pic related is.

Who /Dunkaccino/ here?

Dismissing CGI is an obvious indication of butthurt manchild pseudo-intellectualism. CGI allows for the realistic portrayal of events and circumstances which would otherwise be impossible to put on screen without making an unintentional comedy.

It says kino club not Sup Forums movie buff club

Any true patrician would find that rigidly accepting some other persons predilections and proscriptions as immuteable fact is total anathema.

I'm afraid the only people you'll find agreeing with you OP are plebs pretending to be patrician.

Name 3 patrician films that use extensive CGI

post your true kino webms Sup Forums

Nothing about this sequence is kino user. I sense you might be out to prank us with an ironic post. Am I correct in this assumption?

This is not any old autism, this is pretentious hipster autism.

sucker punch
speed racer
pacific rim

you fucking know I am

You can always tell who the actual insecure plebs are because they start threads like this.

t. insecure pleb

>he actually responded

>No
>No
>No
You're bating or don't know what patrician films are like. Which is it?

thread wont bump itself my friend

i hope you're not op
op can't bump threads

2deep4u

Absolute cinema.

bump

Weak bait, nice dubs.

Some shit meme when you ironically like somethng

This is frightening

no i'm not

I think OP's rules are pretty much there.

Curious, is this kino? It's my personal fave...

OP I feel personally embarrassed for you.

Oops.

That feeling you have is called "butthurt" and it has nothing to do with him.

Attention fellow Sup Forums posters, these are NOT, I repeat, NOT kino

Can you imagine the disgust you would feel if you were talking to some people and one of them unironically used the term Kino?

If Sup Forums was a person he would get blasted in the face so many times just for being a weird nerd.

this is true for every Sup Forums board, except for /trv/

So that means Only God Forgives is kino

Shit

That is both a genre film and features extensive use of CGI.

>That is both a genre film
What genre?
>and features extensive use of CGI.
Uhhhhh no. BvS is extensive.

kino bump

>MY PEOPLE ARE MURDERED?
So was Molasar jewish or did he just pretend to make the old man help him?

I think in some sense he was a Jewish golem.

It's short for "aбcoлyт кинoгpaфи" or lè kinèmàtógràphié màgnifiquè. It's a movement started by Дaви́д Áбeлeвич Кáyфмaн in order to achieve the creation of an authentically international absolute language of cinema – ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY – on the basis of its complete separation from the language of theatre and literature.

>- Plot is for babies; it is a visual medium, to be used as so
That depends on the film.
>- Star Wars is for 5 year olds
sure
>- Stanley Kubrick is a slight step above pleb but nowhere near patrician
depends on the movie
2001 is good, dr strangelove not so much
>- Genre films are trash and are to be treated as such
objectively wrong
>- Christopher Nolan is pleb tier director; none of his work reaches film status and often time delves into flick tier
aside from the autistic meme language sure
>- European Cinema is objectively better than other any cinema
no, American cinema is best.
>- Women cannot truly enjoy a film properly
*tips fedora*
>- Book adaptations are pleb trash fit for only the unoriginal
cringe
>- Steven Spielberg is intro to pleb tier; no argument can be made against this
really bold statement dude
>- Animation is for children; kill yourself if you enjoy any of the sort and you are older than 10
objectively wrong
>- CGI is below pleb tier and is automatic filth
objectively wrong
>- Dialog is for babbies; it is a visual medium, to be used as so
dude I just watched my first Stan brakhage movie now let me tell you how much I spurn traditional narrative cinema lmao cringe
>- Naturalism is best style; everything else is commercial shit that are dated before they even leave the editing room. The first film that will be shown to patrician extraterrestrials will be from the realism school
'no'
>- Remakes and sequels are cancer; no exceptions
'no'

It means "cinema" in German and Russian (and possibly other languages). At least in German it refers to both the location (theater) and movies "for the big screen" (as opposed to TV movies), while the medium itself is "Film".

So people go to the "kino" to see a "kinofilm", the release date is the film's "kinostart" etc.

Fuck, I'm gonna use

>kinofilm

on here now.

Ironically it'll trigger autists as wrong, although it's not only the legit term, but does sound almost pedantic to any German, since nobody says "Kinofilm" in everyday conversation (just Film).

Come on, mate. You're actually answering pasta

Crime film. And uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes.

>I was just pretending to be retarded
implying you don't actually believe this when you copy paste it

??
I'm not OP. And I wouldn't start a thread as cancerous as this one is. Fucking anti-art fags

Haha triggert.

The point of a thread like this is to start discussion. I doubt even the person who wrote the text in the OP believes every point.

I guarantee he believes most of it but is exaggerating his beliefs and using inflammatory language to get people to respond

>plot is for babies, it is a visual medium
So according to your standards, a great movie could consist of a guy literally sitting in a chair staring blankly at a camera for 3 hours with proper framing and cinematography.

It could be. But if you say 'the plot was predictable,' you have outed yourself as a plen. It doesn't say anything about the cinematic quality of the kinofilm.

Plot is part of the film though

It's not specifically cinematic, though. Plot exists in novels, plays, oral stories, etc.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't consider it when an evaluating a movie.

But it does show you don't know how to talk about things that are specifically filmic.

You just outed yourself as a moron though.

Plot is just as important as every other aspect in the movie

Luis is kino acting in its purest form.

nope. stop considering yourself knowledgeable about film if you refuse to consider all aspects of a film, instead narrowing your scope to whatever interests you. furthermore, what is specific to film? framing is found in photography and so is composition (also in theatre).

the part where he is digging his brains out is maybe the most graphic thing i've ever seen

camera movement, editing

I don't understand the ending of only gods forgive.

Did he cut his arms or not?

Sin city. 300. Dark city.

So film criticism should be strictly limited to talking about camera movement and editing? brilliant

Chinese kino , best kino

>Steven Spielberg is intro to pleb tier; no argument can be made against this
we must admit that Jaws was a fucking masterpiece, though

>Dialog is for babbies; it is a visual medium, to be used as so
m-michael?

I agree with everything else

>- European Cinema is objectively better than other any cinema

lol

The thing is most critics wouldn't talk about that at all, or only superficially and not how it creates the meaning of the film

maybe it's just me but I think it makes much more sense to criticize people for not talking about that than to criticize people for talking about plot

Maybe.

5/7

loved it

I'm 10 years old and wat is this?

who unapologetically """"pleb"""" here?

fuck your boring indie arthouse flicks

Literally every film is a genre film

damn its been deleted. It was a webm of a guy in a weird bead studded poncho beside a corpse on a bench in the desert. Poncho man hacks off the hand of the corpse and begins chewing on the flesh around the wrist of the newly severed hand. He appears to be enjoying this immensely. The webm jumps to poncho man cracking open the skull of the corpse and proceeding to dig out grey matter with his hands, stuffing the brains into his mouth and slowly chewing it, then gagging and spitting it out. Another flash forward and our guy is playing with intestines, draping them on himself before digging out an organ and going to town on it. Then there's this shot where he puts on a mask and takes it off after a few moments. Then he is straddling the corpse which is now just a skeleton, presumably because poncho has stripped all the meat from the bones to play around in, and he is making out with the skull of his playmate.

I only watched the webm once and its burned into my brain. What the fuck is this from? The webm was titled "communion" but no google results yet.

do you know what movie it's from?

are you fucking baiting me or are you actually that retarded? That's what I'm asking fuckface

sorry i forgot to read your last sentence because i went to look it up in the archive half way through reading your description

did you find it in the archive? Fucked up right?

>pic unrelated. bumping with tv waifus until someone answers my question

yes well reading the description i thought you were talking about some sort of snuff video like 3 maniacs 1 hammer or whatever so i was relieved to see it was just a movie

congratulations

I think youre forgetting "narration" on your memelist

>- Stanley Kubrick is a slight step above pleb but nowhere near patrician

>kinofilm
kinograph

no its got to be from some movie, you can tell its pork he's eating

bump

FUCK YEA THUMBNAILS