Im 30 years old and all my career plans fell through. I work at a shitty fast food place...

Im 30 years old and all my career plans fell through. I work at a shitty fast food place. How do i justify in my head that I am not a loser working here.

You don't.

Because you got a job
Anyone who has a job is not a loser they are a person who contributes to society and ought to be proud of that and themselves

this

Since when do you work here ? After a couple years you could try to work in a small restaurant, learn cooking stuff and maybe end up a chef before 40

Real talk: What you do from here on out is what'll actually decide if you're a loser or not People's plans fail sometimes, OP. We don't all get to win. That's not the same as losing. Working a shitty fast food job might still pay your bills while you figure out what else to do. That's more of a start then some people get, and hey -- some people's careers don't get started until they're in their 30s. You aren't a loser, man. You're a guy who had some setbacks and is trying to figure out what to do next. It happens. Just remember that and you should come out OK. Is OK good enough for you? That's what you have to decide for yourself. Good luck, man.

Thanks this did actually make me feel better

You have aspects of your life that aren't your job.

this is true
the real loser is the person who's defined by his job
you have a life outside of your work -- focus on that, turn that into something, and you'll be happier than the people who make 3x what you make

You don't. Take your time, find a new career path. You're still young; don't feel like you're stuck there.

you are a loser for working there, work towards getting a better job if you care about being a loser too much, if you're working towards something better you'll feel like less of a loser and more of a user of that shit job as a stepping stone to a better career

No, user you are a loser. Change it

What do you want from life, and what are you doing to achieve it? That's the only way success can actually be measured. If someone wants to spend their life working a low stress, low pay job, then by their standards they're successful. What are your standards?

How are you going to waste your life working 60hour weeks to provide for some bitchy hamplanet and her spawn?

LOL, what a LOSER

Join the armed forces
>thank me later

this guy is the truth

Wow thanks. I got a lot of good responses. I was expecting way more ppl to tell me to kill myself.

>justify in my head
That attitude right there is why you're working fast food at 30. I'm not telling you to get a Bachelor's degree, but for fucks sake go learn a trade or something fast-ish like that.

Right now, you're looking for approval from external source. You need to find internal happiness and intrinsic motivations. In other words, if you haven't found your life purpose yet, keep looking. Your life purpose is something you will work toward every day. This will give you the happiness and fulfillment you seek. It doesn't matter what job you have or don't have. It doesn't matter how much money you have past the basic necessities. One your surivival needs are taken care of, the only way to be happy and fulfilled is to find your life purpose and work toward it every day. Life is what you make it. Just don't be a victim who gives up control over his life. There's a much better way to live, and that's when you take full responsibility for the situation you're in and change it. Other than that, you're fine. You're still young and shit. Good luck!

*Once your survival needs are taken care of

Sorry, I typed that in a rush.

do you find joy in what you do?

if you do, you're not a loser.

One more thing I wanted to add to this:

Once you find your life purpose and start working toward it for a while, you won't ask questions like you just did anymore. You won't fear what people think of you, you won't be insecure. You'll be content. We all have our fears and insecurities, but choose not to focus on them. Focus on something bigger and more important.

You don't justify it. The minute you justify it is when you give up and accept mediocrity. Don't accept being stuck at a fast food place in your 30's. Be better than that, OP. You can do it.

Faggot.

work your way up to managerial faggot

why?

if you don't have a good reason, don't.

Don't fucking kid yourself, man. Your "career plans" didn't "fall through". You're a loser, and you obviously didn't try. So get the fuck off of Sup Forums, and go try.

hahaha

jobs are given to you because you try

so try harder

qed

Fucking this.

no, that's moronic

unemployed artists and single moms aren't losers if they find joy in what they do and have

if you have a job you hate, regardless of the status or salary, you're fucked

Most of the suffering we live in this world is caused by the ego (self-image). Once you realize that, you can learn to live more in the present moment. Don't spend your life regretting the past and worrying about the future like most people do. Live for the moment and work toward that life purpose.

this
don't give up trying though. you might still find a good job with an employer who realizes that despite setbacks you haven't given up on your goals.
tenacity is as good as ability, and diplomas are only paper anyway.
some of the stupidest people i know have college and/or university degrees.

this

and here I am at 20, about to jump out of my parents house out of fear of being a loser who lives with his parents for a prolonged period of time

I haven't gotten back into college cause my family is pretty fucked, but I'm throwing myself out of my nest and learning to fly. Gonna have to provide rent and sustain myself completely

Hopefully I can find room for school in the midst of this. I'm not a loser am i Sup Forums?

depends

Do what scares you the most. That's how you grow as a person. I'm at that stage myself (21 years old), and I haven't taken that step yet. Do what scares you, but you know you can do to improve.