/daily/ - "Cee Lo Gold" Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CS5GThRl_XE
youtube.com/watch?v=FtX50-szJBc&t=2132s&list=WL&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=miF0FcaPfns
i.slacktunes.tech/07-Rekpete/
i.slacktunes.tech/11-Tem-Brabo-no-Samba-Cêna-de-escola-de-samba-/
i.slacktunes.tech/02-Nadoumananikadi/
i.slacktunes.tech/01-A-Brand-New-Wayo/
soundcloud.com/trancarecords/tranca-beats-unidentified-ye-ye
i.slacktunes.tech/Tribo-Massahi-Estrelando-Embaixador/
i.slacktunes.tech/Tribo-Massahi-Estrelando-Embaixador-320/
youtube.com/watch?v=M23DEQDcnT0
youtube.com/watch?v=c0TlQ-tg-EE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for ass

WE LOVE NO THOTS ON GOD

goldboy = me
car = /daily/ thread
everything else = THOTS

saved

how many posts can we go without musical discussion?

stay tuned

you know, i dont remember what i talked to you on those screenshots, so part of me wants you to post em, part of me doesn't

>Communists are the best breast fondlers

Hmm.

Cee Lo coming back after those rape comments?

Remember he said it isn't rape if the girl is passed out.

Not to mention his countless racist remarks against "crackers" on Goodie Mob albums.

rlly makes me think

you just said funny shit about trump and how you hate illegals, which I thought was funny because you were from latin america idk.

this is true ask SDC

she is clearly of age, truly disgusting in the mind of such a patrician.

>Staring at boobs

posting rare disco tits because this is gonna be a shit thread tonight.

we're off to a roaring start.

What are you listening to tonight, /daily/?
i'm listening to some rare groove:
Tribo Massáhi- Estrelando Embaixador

youtube.com/watch?v=CS5GThRl_XE

>illegals and latin-americans are the same thing
lol
also damn how based do i get while high

Ukrainian New Stage stuff. Tonight, it was dada-influenced garage industrial - not very good, despite the other two bands related to it being great (Tovarisch and Kazma Kazma)

>tfw hangin out in the bred

>not naming the thread post-sincere-post-post-ironic-meta-digi-modernism edition
missed fucking oportunity, also the elimination chamber match is habbening now

Letov, since you're into slav shit
you might be interested in this documentary about Yuri Morozov and the Russian underground avant-garde scene of the 70's
youtube.com/watch?v=FtX50-szJBc&t=2132s&list=WL&index=7

listening to Yamir's s/t. Bready good so far.

is this tuco

pretty based.

I wasn't equating you, but I just wonder why you'd care as someone outside the US.

get OUT of the bread jim!

do you like this post-rock meme

>Vladimir Kozlov's film
this makes me incredibly moist

Also, if any of you avant-boys care, someone uploaded a live Cukor Bila Smert' concert to YT

youtube.com/watch?v=miF0FcaPfns

Svitlana Nianio is just as good live!

Seems interesting, I'll check it out. I don't know many 70s artists bar obvious ones like Plastic People of the Universe.

I feel like all that has needed to be said about these records has been said, so I'll just leave my personal onions

>Mercury Rev - Yerself Is Steam
Pretty cool overall and deserves all the praise and hype it gets. As for me though, I pretty much only love Chasing A Bee and Frittering. Everything else is okay.
Will definitely check out Boces soon.

>Comus - First Utterance
This album is definitely weird as fuck, but it's intriguing and unlike anything I've ever heard.
It's like Current 93 but not utter shite.
I'll need time to decide if this'll be a regular spin or a coolio thing that I think of from time to time but don't listen to regularly.
I doubt I'll be sticking any songs into playlsits

yeah, go to bread

I wanted to give nyarl "Drip Drip" as a love song rec but it was too long

Yuri Morozov is probably one of the best of the Russian underground, he's definitely had the most diverse and prolific career
most people haven't heard of any of them though cause they all had to remain hidden and anonymous from the strict soviet cultural controls, so their music never saw the light of day outside of Russian tape circles

I'm well aware of how difficult magnitoalbom releases are to come by, given that they were only given to close friends. Even some of the most famous artists out there have holes in their discography that will probably never get patched. It's always a small miracle when a bootleg emerges.

Shouldve recced Diana

> Tribo Massáhi- Estrelando Embaixador
NICE!

jamming to some shinsei kamattechan right now, probably some field recordings later to round the night out

I'm in, boys!
we did it, /daily/!

słodka kotka

thanks, it's a male kitty though :)

p nice, is this improvised stuff?

whom'st up

me, makin' beats

rec me rare soul/funk/afrobeats with good breaks

I think so, though it might be material from their early cassettes that have yet to see an internet release. It's very hard to find information on non-Koka Records releases from New Stage Ukraine.

the song Rekpete by Hedzoleh Soundz

here's a copy

i.slacktunes.tech/07-Rekpete/

thank

José Prates - Tem Brabo No Samba (Cêna da Escola de Samba)

i.slacktunes.tech/11-Tem-Brabo-no-Samba-Cêna-de-escola-de-samba-/

good part is ~1:15 in

Nadoumananikadi by Luka Productions

i.slacktunes.tech/02-Nadoumananikadi/

first part is lit af. The MC'ing is fantastic, too

Mixed Grill - A Brand New Wayo

The whole thing is fucking great. Listen to the compilation 'cause it's lit

i.slacktunes.tech/01-A-Brand-New-Wayo/

thank
bit too modern for me, I like my samples old/acoustic

I may have beat you to it but here's Fareuá by Tribo Massahi (which I hope will become daily-core in the next few months)

soundcloud.com/trancarecords/tranca-beats-unidentified-ye-ye

this is cool
post album plz

wouldn't use though, don't like using already doctored samples

i.slacktunes.tech/Tribo-Massahi-Estrelando-Embaixador/ here is in FLAC

>Achebe's criticism of Heart of Darkness
Is there a bigger literary meme criticism than this?

and 320kbps MP3 if you're into that
i.slacktunes.tech/Tribo-Massahi-Estrelando-Embaixador-320/

Chinua Achebe was a literary God donut speak his name in vain

I should finish TFA, I remember liking what I read.
His criticism of HoD is ass tho.

heart of darkness has clear racist themes, but i disagree with achebe when he says academia should stop reading it. it should still be taught because it is an important piece of literature and a beautiful piece of writing imo. i'm still torn on whether or not conrad was racist himself, however.

Japandroids - Near to the Wild Heart of Life (2017)
>indie rock

Japandroids have always sounded like a less ambitious, much more boring Titus Andronicus that have never had a song half as good as "A More Perfect Union", and they continue that streak of pure mediocrity with this record. It's just boring as shit commercial rock from start to finish. This whole style of overly anthemic indie punk has already been done to death, but this is bland even for it's genre. The lyrics are sappy; the songs are unmemorable and derivative, and they rely on their choruses far too much; and it all just seems like music concocted for maximum profitability in a beer commercial. The title track is alright, the rest is fucking worthless.

I was just relistening to that first Vampire Weekend album recently, and it really has so much energy and spunk on the first half that it kind of loses going into the second half

still a fantastic, cheeky little album tho, imho

Erasmo Carlos - Carlos, Erasmo... (1971)
>MPB

Rogério Duprat doesn't have a massive role in this album, but the influence of his style of arranging practically bleeds over every single track here. It's a lot more rooted in western rock than anything else done by him or Chiquinho de Moraes, but the very distinctly Brazilian arrangements are still put front and center, and they're wonderful. I don't really care for the more straightforward folk rock tracks that much, but these heavily orchestrated, lush tracks are really astounding, and some of the best MPB I've heard.

3.0+

David Bowie - No Plan (2017)
>art rock

"Lazarus" is of course an astounding track (see my year-old write-up of Blackstar for convoluted, stupid thoughts), and the title track is no slouch either. You can definitely tell it's an outtake from Blackstar, it's got the same very dark, dismal, jazzy atmosphere, and the vocals are terrific. The other two tracks are pretty middle-of-the-road. I don't like the hard-edged "Killing a Little Time" at all really, and "When I Met You" is a pretty safe little pop tune, decent but unmemorable. I'm glad they put this EP out, because the title track really is terrific, and it's a nice listen because I really wish we could get more of that Blackstar sound, but it's a bit pointless.

yeah, the first four tracks are really great, but the only track besides those i really like is walcott.

honestly it blows its load in its first two minutes with mansard roof

nice! It's for real one of my favorite albums out there, and it's mainly /because/ of the folk rock tracks that I think it's so good. That said, one of the drawbacks of this album is that Carlos doesn't let the tracks really develop (Case in point: Gente Aberta). Even so, I think this is a fantastic album and I'm glad you gave it a shot

oh yeah, gente aberta definitely seemed like it cut off /right/ when it was getting good. thanks for showing me the album though!

i'm pretty sure it was written in good will. it may be inherently racist and perpetuating some harmful ideas but it also does a good job of exposing hypocrytical colonialist attitudes and stuff like that

Who's ready for another year of angry Beyonce fans?

Also in the theoretical circumstance I made a Ukrainian New Stage chart would anyone want it

>You Are My Everlovin' / Celestial Power
Wow you guys weren't memeing, this is fucking amazing. It has such a captivating, surreal atmosphere that gives me chills. There is very little change in sound throughout both of these pieces, but that doesn't matter when the sound is that damn good.

>Glassworks
"Opening" was a beautiful piano piece and works great as what its title says it is. "Floe" was pretty cool; I was not expecting that electric organ when it came in. "Facades" was beautiful too. I wasn't floored by the rest of it, but I still really enjoyed the majority of this album.

>Too Many Voices
I was not a fan of this one. Most of the tracks here were pretty messy and dragged on too long (or felt like they did). "Forgotten" was actually really great though.

I also bumped up Coltrane's Meditations up to a 9. I can't stop listening to it.

night-o
youtube.com/watch?v=M23DEQDcnT0

You should probably come back to those bass records if and when you get a greater appreciation for modern electronic music, just saying

this is the greatest song of all time

crazy that Current 93 won a grammy this year

huh

wait what

Oh shit I just saw. That's crazy man.

>Also in the theoretical circumstance I made a Ukrainian New Stage chart would anyone want it
I would : )

Only a 2 for Mr Bungle?

I like how you have 18 possible values between the scores 0 and 3.

I think Pi might be dying.

Is this a bamboozle?

:0

do you know why???

Ni, but she seems to have some respiratory problems. Might be because of the bedding, so I cleaned their enclosure and changed to a different kind of bedding. She seems a little bit more active now, but she still has one eye mostly closed and breathes very slowly :(

oh no!
#prayforpi

pls support

#prayforpi

Get well soon pi you beautiful damn mouse

pray4pi :(

what a bunch of nerds

lovin this desu
youtube.com/watch?v=c0TlQ-tg-EE

o i pry

#pray4pi

he shoulda done that collab with The Acacia Strain
Alt Slowcore vs Hardcore Slowcore

but this is even worse than i thought wtf
havent heard anything i thought was this bad in months

lovin that pic desu

get well soon mouser

Missed grammys, was kween bae?

isn't it just 11 cos I don't use a 0.5- a 1 or a 1.5?

GET WELL SOON PI

you just know

thats heading for the door tho

sleep tight pipper

I hope your dog gets better

hes 2 yung to die

bump for pi

Anyway, how's your sex life?

my dick dont work

same

Quick review bump

The Awakening - Hear, Sense and Feel
>jazz, spiritual jazz

Thoroughly uninspired and boring work, can't write too much on it. It's not bad, per se, but it's not all that good either. I thought stuff on the Black Jazz label would be as good as Infant Eyes but it doesn't seem to be the case.