Michael Caine rubbishes Hollywood gender pay gap: 'Elizabeth Taylor got 10 times what I did'

>Sir Michael Caine has waded into the Hollywood gender pay gap debate by pouring water on recent complaints by Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson and Salma Hayek that women in the movies are systemically underpaid. “It’s rubbish,” he said. “I worked with Elizabeth Taylor and she got 10 times what I did – and that was over 30 years ago. I don’t agree about the pay gap because she got a lot more money than me.”
>Caine, then nearing 40, starred as a philandering architect alongside Taylor in the 1972 film Zee and Co, in which she played his wife, a coarse socialite, who attempts to punish her unfaithful husband and his mistress.
>Taylor was, in her heyday, the highest paid star in Hollywood, male or female. For Cleopatra, she was paid a record-breaking $1 million.
telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/06/17/michael-caine-rubbishes-hollywood-gender-pay-gap-elizabeth-taylo/

Why is he so based?

and now people are going to start saying

>how big a star you are matters :^)

He's an old conservative and butt-buddies with Nolan. Harry Brown was pretty goddamn good though

Do you think he fucked Taylor?

I bet he fucking did

lucky dog

>He's an old conservative and butt-buddies with Nolan.

Yeah, because that changes the fact that Taylor got payed more then him

Remember kids that who is saying something is the important thing, not whats being said

He's so fucking cool

Based Caine

Of course he's saying this stuff now cause he's literally a few years from death.

Get Carter is great

>dumb cunts sign on to do films for less than they think they're worth
>dumb cunts expect people to sympathize with them

based

How long until the Jews kill him?

>and now people are going to start saying the truth

>Jlaw finds out she was paid less than the male stars for her bit part in American Hustle, is devastated and outraged.
>Jlaw is paid 10x more than the male stars in the hunger games movies... her silence is deafening

I wonder how much she got paid for the X-Men movies

dem tangerines

Reminder that Iron Man, foundation stone and ostensibly main character of the MCU, got paid the most for Avengers, but the second hgihest paid was Black Widow, who doesn't even have her own branch of the franchise, and who got paid more than all the other (male) Avengers combined.

>MUH PAYGAP
Just ask more money you dumb bitches!
OH WAIT YOU CAN'T because there's always some younger, prettier actress around the corner who's willing to do the same job only for the chance of being famous.

if women get paid less, why do they have more money than men?

Be a high power draw and you'll get paid more

This isn't a difficult concept. You think the supporting character gets more than the big headliner?

Source

feminism is about ''''''''''equality''''''''''

She must earn proportionally to all the other actresses who are paid less then men ;)

How likely is it that he's suddenly outed as a pedophile or gets into a car accident soon?

>ignores statistics
>uses anecdotal evidence

What a dumbass.

He's old. He will die of "natural causes".

Because they expect men to pay for everything

So essentially she's taking all other actresses' money "for" them?

Come on now. This is nowhere near as bad as calling Jews out for owning Hollywood.
Women don't actually have the power to do anything.

Sure, it will trickle down eventually!

>Taylor was, in her heyday, the highest paid star in Hollywood, male or female.

> b-but user! I thought meritocracies were bad!

Exceptions don't make the rule.

I WOZ IN BUHMA AN TAYLOR GOT MILLIONS WHILE I WOZ PAID IN TANGERINES

>Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson

fucking cancer

I will never see a movie with these annoying man-haters

She got 1.5mil for Hustle for just over a week's work
Bale and Cooper got 2.5mil for a months work

Seems to me she got the best deal

communist standards of what is "fair" don't make determine market value of work.

Dont worry they dont have long user.

it's called a counterexample you goob

Emma Watson is only famous because she stole the role from a black girl.
Another fucking overprivileged white girl complaining about her lack privilege.