Is it even possible to instantly snap someone's arm in a standing position like aikido claims...

Is it even possible to instantly snap someone's arm in a standing position like aikido claims? Can anyone show me one documented case of this ever happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5vTigEoBnk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvpwWSCM-Xc
youtube.com/watch?v=KV9LAg-5k_Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aikido is a joke.
No you cannot break someones arm.

It's theoretically possible, but if someone is trained in another martial art, he is gonna be so fast that you won't be able to intercept the attacks in time

m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5vTigEoBnk

holy shit.

well, guess it's true.

Fkin virgins

You'd have to use your own body as leverage.

The faggots making fun of aikido have never even been thrown. Look at the shotokan form called jutte. The majority of the opening sequence are arm capture and breaking techniques from a standing position.

Ask your mom if I'm a virgin

I'm a virgin but I'm right.

oh boy, here come the bullshido argumentative faggots.

put up a vid of any of you fuckers doing any of this. then come back and talk shit.

His mom says you are still a virgin, you did not know where to stick your small penis.

She says that sucking her grandfather's cock doesn't count since he was in a coma and didn't even cum.

But thats not aikido kid.

Fite me irl 1v1 pusy faget

I'm with you buddy. Lets get 'em.

Possible? Yes
Hard? Very

I'm an aikido blue belt but I'm also a realist. It is a fun traditional martial art to do and there is value in learning it, but it's not particularly effective in a combat situation. So in short, of course it's possible, but not realistic in the slightest.

I will pass, you will most likely poop yourself so hard that you will tear a hole in your pants.

Very similar to hapkido, but OP's reference to "breaking" bones is fantasy. The weakest points are the joints, which will typically separate before a bone breaks.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvpwWSCM-Xc

It's possible. Standing kimura and even some wrestling grips it's possible to snap an arm.

Alot of it is impractical but it also teaches a lot of the same throws you see in judo and wrestling.

1st sane argument i see.

What i hate about most people that i've met that did aikido is their claims that it is ultimate self defence martial art with which you can defeat anybody when in real life situations they have no chance unless they are on really high level and have years worth of training.

I come from traditional ju jitsu background but know that thing like ultimate self defence cant come from traditional martial arts.

If somebody wants to learn self defence, thay should learn something that soldiers/spec ops are taught and even then it is not ultimate.

TL;DR Aikido is full of snotty brats that think they can stop any attack.

You do realize a lot of the same techniques are used across all japanese martial arts. Jiu jitsu, karate, judo, aikido teach a lot of the same techniques.

broken bone or dislocated elbow (bent backwards)?

You can break the elbow joint quite easily while standing. But I kinda regret doing that --

I don't know about martial arts but I once witnessed a street fight where a guy was thrown against a wall and had his arm snapped backwards at the elbow.

Every martial art has practical and impractical techniques depending on the circumstance. Even the generally accepted effective combat sports have a lot of the techniques in sport jiu jitsu, wrestling, boxing and muay thai that are stupid to use on the street. People wrote off karate and now karate based strikers are dominating mma. There are thousands of techniques across all martial arts. A lot are effective. The best thing to do is to learn as much as possible and use you're own critical thinking to apply them in different situations.

Systema.
Y'all don't even know...

youtube.com/watch?v=KV9LAg-5k_Y

Sambo > systema

It's a very dangerous opinion to have. I'm all for traditional martial arts but if someone actually believes they can disarm and beat a knife wielding opponent or defeat multiple opponents with no real life experience they're a fool.

Joe Rogan talks about it a lot if you care to look it up.

Joe Rogan use to talk shit about karate and even distanced himself from tkd at one point. Now that karate guys are owning mma and Yair Rodriquez came along e changed his tune.

>can quickly and forcefully twisting someones limb or joint the wrong way break it?
Are we really debating this?

okay so, i have practiced hapkido and aikido, blue belt in hapkido but only yellow in aikido, thing is, is it possible in aikido.. ehh, if you're on your 3rd dan with your dank ass hakama maybe, it requires a lot of training, is it possible in hapkido though, yes, but still requires training

Also traditional martial artists are not delusional. They know those are low percentage situations. But traditional martial arts does address those situations and do teach techniques that could potentially save your ass.

I study several forms of martial arts including Aikido. It takes about 20 years to get to the point of being fast enough and flowing enough but yes, if you flow well enough you can break someone's arm. In class one student had a broken wrist and quit afterward.

That is true. The delusional dojo hypnotist is an anomaly for sure but they still exist and make people think they can beat trained fighters. I used to think that it was a shame that MMA was demystifying martial arts but in a way it's been important in showing which techniques do and don't work. This has helped to stop mcdojos teaching ineffective techniques and selling them like they're lethal moves.

>but if someone actually believes they can disarm and beat a knife wielding opponent
Incredibly easy senpai.
>Joe rogan
Go home Joe, your drunk again.

Enjoy getting sliced up pham

you can say fucking on here kiddo.

Yeah thats true but at the same time mma has evolved and is still evolving. 10 years ago people thought karate was a joke. Now they're praising it as probably the most effective style of striking for mma. A lot of the ufc competitors don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of martial arts and a lot of them are meet heads so they don't advance the sport. People are starting to come along now and show there are things to be learned from traditional martial arts if you apply them correctly. Also fighting in the street is very different than fighting in a ring of cage with gloves and rules. There's a lot of techniques that can't be utilized in sport but are still effective.

Id debareably get sliced either way, user. Rather do it fightan.
>Letting some schmuck with a knife dictate your life
How's big brother treating you?

For sure. Karate techniques in particular have been creeping in- Machida, Wonderboy Thompson in particular. Even though you're right about the meathead part- usually there's an intelligent coach working with that meathead always looking for new techniques. Maybe the best way is to just learn MMA technique and then some of what they teach the army that isn't in MMA.

Just carry a gun you fuckboy, what are you doing? You gonna tell me "hurr le durrr real men use fists!" next?
>backing down from a knife-fight in which you will die or get seriously injured, means you are a statist
the fuck are you chatting m8

Neat!

Former aikido fag here- tomiki kind.
Only story i have about this, is once a young lady came to class & was urged by the dipshit instuctor to really try and punch me in randori. To my great surprise I caught this and threw her in an armlock. I swear to god I saw her arm bend the wrong way against the elbow when dhe hit the floor and i spent the rest of the class consoling her as she cried. I quit the next day. Now I do bjj and get constant injuries to my throat from the dumb fking chokes.

Also tomiki. Sounds like your instructor was a fuckwit.

Yeah, he busted my shoulder severely by holding my arm too high during a kote gaeshi. I tried to flip over it but ended up mashing my shoulder into the mat. Weak.

I hate ballbags like that. Small man by the sounds of it. I've been in similar situations when people have wanted to show off and take the kote gaeshi as high and wide as possible. Luckily never been hurt that way. Only time I ever did get hurt I got whiplash from a ridiculous sumi otoshi.

I survived a stabbing.

Some people suggest going for the wrist, to prevent getting stabbed, but this can lead to you getting slashed without closing ground.

2 techniques

1. go for wrist and the connected armpit. Try to grab attacking hand's wrist and use other hand to hold arm from the armpit, and push up. Then move under/through to attacker's backside while pulling their wrist with you.

2. Go all out and rush into the attackers face. This method involves a "controlled" damage approach. When charging the attacking will put the knife between him/you and try to stab or slice. You will mitigate this by deflecting using your arms/eblows. Try to deflect using topside of arm, or areas where bone/muscles is more prevalent. Do LET knife go across the underside of your arm where your veins are. The fuck the assailant in the nose/throat. Sweeping out their legs is also smart

Basically 1 is safer but harder to do but 2 has higher success rate as long as you accept that you will be hurt and do not recoil in shock.

I did option 2 and will never forget the look in that sandniggers eyes when he realize that the knife in my arm isnt going to stop the adrenaline fuelled super punch into his windpipe. If I could make that pos's choking noise my ringtone, I would have.