Why does he talk like it physically pains him to speak?

Why does he talk like it physically pains him to speak?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WvI6pMyAMHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thank you, Wesley

Wesley died

A PET CAT

THANK

It's distinct and memorable, also makes people underestimate him.

Autism.

NORMIES GET OUT

I was sad kingpin speak didnt become as popular as bane speak.

Literally.

There's a lot of speculation that D'Onofrio might actually be autistic himself which is where a lot of the mannerisms come from.

[citation needed]

THANK YOU WESLEY

THANK YOU WESLEY

youtube.com/watch?v=WvI6pMyAMHk

>Thank you Westley thank you, however

He's a bad actor.

you're a bad memer

He's meant to be on the spectrum.

THANK YOU WESLEY

I don't meme. I only talk in facts.

Thank You Wesley

Thank you, Black Wesley.

THANK YOU WESLEY

Thank you Wesley

Incorrect

THANK YOU WESLY

THANK YOU WESLEY

you're a bad factor

He's a literal manchild.

I've learned not to question the acting choices of Vincent D'Onofrio, he's some kind of mad genius.

because sgt. hartman fucked him up

Remember that time when Fisk was a boy and beat his father to death with a hammer to protect his mother, and she then forced him to help her cut his body into bits and dump them into the pier? Or that time when his dad forced him to continue kicking someone who was already down?

>to protect his mother
Nope.
>to remove a man he didn't like
The motivations are shifted a bit. He didn't like seeing his mom be beat, but he acted out of self interest not hers.

He was like 12 and had no reason to do it except to save his mom. He risked getting his ass beat so he could stop his dad from beating the shit out of her.

THANK YOU WESLEY

literally the best part of daredevil, him and my man Foggy

someone took off his mask and it's VERY painful

Is this Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket?

He's a guy from a lower class background trying to appear classy and educated. He's trying to sound like the part he's playing. The man is all about appearances

Listen to what he says like right after those scenes when he's talking to whats-her-nut. It's a crucial bit of character info. Protecting his mom is not how he thinks. It was an element of his motivation, like """""saving""""" Hell's Kitchen is, but the primary motivator in his acting is selfish. He killed his dad because he didn't like him. It's a minor shift in focus because it does feature not liking him due to how he treats Wilson's mom but it matters.

>I MUST SAVE MOMMY I DUN LEIK
is not the same as
>THIS DICK IS GOING TO DIE BECAUSE HE WRONGS ME AND OTHERS
Fisk is selfish. He is selfishly motivated. He outright states this. He didn't do it for mommy, he did it for himself. Mommy only stood to benefit because he happened to love her. That's really key so I'll reiterate. People Fisk likes are not wronged, but the moment they get in his way they're trampled all the same.

This is all ignoring a shift in ethics that takes place when his Wesley, his "Piggy", breaks later on.

Thank you Wesley

because it does

YOU EMBARRASSED ME IN FRONT OF VANESSA
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So autism was private Pyles major malfunction.
>the Kubrick cast an autistic man to play an autistic man.
Pottery in its purist form.

>YOU EMBARRASSED ME IN FRONT OF VANESSA
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

more like SPLAT.

Means the world to me

THANK YOU WESLEY

ZUPA

THANK YOU WESLEY

THANK YOU WESLEY

the actor has aspergers irl and let it all hang out for the character

Yeah, but why does that cause him to sound like he really needs to take a shit whenever he speaks?

That's how the actor always talks.

Fisk/D'Onofrio literally makes the first season, and completely steals the second half of Season 2 by being so immense in presence after being incarcerated and then helping out the Punisher, a means to his own ends, as a pawn to help further himself like said.

Literally one of my two reasons why I watch Daredevil and will probably get it on BluRay eventually.

B-but he's the bad guy! He's Kingpin! I'm not supposed to like him!
Then why am I kind of rooting for him?!

THANK YOU WESLEY

THAAAAANK YOU WESLEEEEEEEEEEY

THANK YOU WESLEY