"you can't fly jet planes if you're color blind"

>"you can't fly jet planes if you're color blind"

why did he do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JnsxWrPUHN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he was a miserable suicidal gay manlet who got cucked in love ane career by the same guy

Uh... that's true. I have a cousin who wanted to be a fighter pilot but was unable to due to his color blindness. He became an engineer instead.

Being colorblind disqualifies one from becoming a pilot.

Because embracing the truth about yourself and understanding your limitations is better than pretending you're something you'll never be.

also I can't believe this movie is ten years old
I remember seeing commercials for it everywhere

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

that kid was pretty retarded if he took a fucking oath of silence for who knows how long and he didn't even bother to learn the basic requirements for being a pilot

He didn't know he was colour blind dickhead

what? How do you get to be in your late teens and not have a single instance in your life where people are referencing color or asking you about it and you not getting it? That's impossible

Why would you even want to be a jet pilot? It's the most grinding job I can think of

that's not how color blindness work

flying is a metaphor to be free

so how does it work then

There's different levels of blindness

People still think aviation is fun/exciting/rewarding.

He's right. Might as well tell him now and not give him false hopes.

>flying is a metaphor to be free
Not when you're trapped in a tin can

I still feel like if you have enough of it to fail a test you have enough to have noticed long before your late teens. I feel like 90% of my kindergarten and elementary school exercises were color-based

>tfw im a latent homo

What am I a fucking ant? Jesus Christ user

Many people don't discover that they're colour blind until they go for a driving test

If this isn't some meme and it's a serious question... then the answer is because the character was severely depressed and in his state of mind didn't think breaking this type of news delicately would be the right thing to do. Because life is hard and struggle in his eyes, I think in all his genius and logic he felt the kid must know the truth immediately. Also, as a family member he did the kid a favor, a small amount of acute pain now instead of the hardship the kid would suffer later...

gr8 b8 m8

Life is full of small indignities and it's better to hear the hard truth early from a loved one than to find out later after you've given your blood sweat and tears.

Cuz the best pilots in the world are an invaluable resource that's why they're called aces

They get to drive some of the most expensive machines on the planet

You fucker

KEK
which one did you fail m8 it's alright we're all friends here

Can we talk about how Breslin has "developed" as an actor?

color blind doesnt mean you literally cant see colors

this is gonna get reposted again and again right?

becoming a military pilot is EXTREMELY competitive and any kind of physical defect, no matter how benign, will cause you to be dropped from the program in favor of someone without it. People have literally been dropped due to skin conditions.

seems pretty cool to me
youtube.com/watch?v=JnsxWrPUHN8

WTF? I"m GAY!!!! OH fuck dude I knew I knew it! Fuckkkkk dude what am I gonna do now?

well at least he gets to drive a train

>getting replaced by dumb robots being flown by obese midwesterners in air conditioned offices
>invaluable resource
wew lad

kek

kek. good one

Not being replaced by anything because fighter jets are still being made and bought and used???

kys

mad faggot detected