Why does Estonia (and other Baltic states) opress its Russian minorities?

Why does Estonia (and other Baltic states) opress its Russian minorities?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinschannel.com/estonia-and-south-korea-top-barclays-digital-development-index/
janes.com/article/67551/estonia-begins-k9-artillery-negotiations-with-south-korea
youtu.be/rKpXqwE2rg8
youtu.be/mWJSKhEwjy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why do germans eat shit?

Because """""russians""""" in baltic are utter shit.
Almost all of them are Ekaterinburg/Omsk tier really.
Genocide when?
P.S. give estonian BF

Actually, I am a Russian from Estonia who immigrated to Germany

a victim of oppression then

how precious

This
Why do they get away with everything but the EU (and we're not even a member of it yet) makes us do every single shit for the Albo muzzies

Well, it wasn't as bad as other opressions in history, but looking back, I can definitly say that Estonians were racist towards Russians.
Meanwhile, in Germany, I never experienced any racism because of my heritage

germans are naturally afraid of anyone from the east
besides, they are probably too busy servicing the schwarzen schwanz

ps. don't ever come back here

don't worry, I dont intend to return
I just find it sad that you have such a bad relationship to your eastern neighbour, and take it out on your Russian minorities

Because it's a sovereign country and does whatever it wills best for it

40% of Estonians are of Russian descent.

Soon they will be the majority and vote out their oppressors.

>posts estonian chicks
>posts bullshit statistics
how obvious can you get about being russian diaspora in finland. not much more i guess

also: rubles have been deposited!

why do you hate your fellow countrymen so much?

Baltshits killed Tsar, baltshits took Winter palace, baltshits established NKVD and cheka, baltshits among with hired chinks killed kulaks and other peasants during Civil war, baltshits had 20 times more consumption to production rate in USSR, literally the wealthiest welfare republics. And still they have eternal irrational hate towards russians, this is why baltshits need to be nuked.

you make it too easy

THIS

how?
also watch some other media but RT.
or go here.

that's because germs are cucked af.

*foreign welfare leeches

so you think Germany was better back when they used to opress poles?

>Baltshits
latvians
FTFY

>literally the wealthiest welfare republics

It was like living in locked in dog house while compared to westerners living in mansions.

Too bad that term "wealthiest" means 0 in regards to USSR since we still were dirt poor.

Obviously because thye are of nazi and need to be liberated. Again.

You could at least specify in what way they are oppressed to start discussing it and get to the point of maybe how it could be solved

What I am seeing now is a bunch of total and utter bullshit. Half of my family is Russian and there is no racism, everyone gets along with each other just perfectly. In most cases, if you don't know Russian even though we are an independent nation, it will be harder to get a job because it is seen as a really important thing especially in communications or anything that has to do with clients.

There are literally no cases here of any racism or discrimination. And our media isn't silent about it either, there were plenty of big debates and many articles about Poles and bilingual street signs though, that you can at least bring into discussion. But Russians? What happens to them according to your fantasies?

we force russians to drink dirty water from puddles of mud

did you know that?

russian grills are qts what's wrong with being russian?

>was gibbo still gibbo
>cry a lot

Probably because they got annexed.
And chances are that back then it was the other way around.

my russian ancestors lived for centuries in what today is Estonia

Do you force them to sit on bottle?

not the diaspora, they are fat, they have are far more likely to be unemployed, get welfare, and vote for more welfare(those who can vote(the younger ones)) and they vote for full citizenships without nationality tests for minorities.

Well, I was still a kid back then, and I didn't notice it, but in retroperspective, there was definitly racism against Russians in Estonia.
For example, I was to be sent to a spelling bee competition, cause I was the best at spelling in my class, but my teacher flat out teld my parents that she wont sent a Russian kid to represent the school. She didn't even hide her racism against Russians

the alternative is a rough beating so they volunteer

still, please, fuck off to russia. we dont like you.
i have nothing against you aslong as you are not in my country

Sure

yesterday i saw young fashisti push russian grandmum down the stairs and then piss on her

i high fived and sieg heiled them

last time I went to Tallinna I heard Finnish spoken around the market and Russian everywhere else

do estonians live in eesti at all

That's an isolated case though, I don't see how that's institutionalized racism. I agree that there are racist people everywhere.

My grandfather was a Russian, not from USSR though, his family came here in 1800s I think, when people from Russian Empire were being exiled or something. He was born here and lived here his whole life, yet he spoke with a very thick Russian accent until his death, and his Lithuanian was still broken. And he lived over 60 years. He had good paying job for as long as I can remember.

I mean sure you can have a few examples of someone being racist, but I am not sure if that teacher would still hold her position to this day. They get fired for less here, especially recently. With such cases, you could call any country oppressive. They have same rights AFAIK.

Also, such "racism" can't even be compared to what these minorities do and mean to us every day. It's not a meme that they are called 5th column. To whom do you think it is useful to keep them aggressive and with separatist intentions? Certainly not us.

>non free market artificial prices
we're feeding whole ussr
which republic didn't have such claim?

>f you don't know Russian even though we are an independent nation, it will be harder to get a job because it is seen as a really important thing especially in communications or anything that has to do with clients.
maybe in Wilno

are they mexicans in the baltic states?:\

i can understand that why you and your neighboring cunts hates russia and russians but do you guys lynch us asians?

I am not from Wilno though

no we actually like koreans and japanese. we don't like chineses tho, fuck those animals

>That's an isolated case though, I don't see how that's institutionalized racism. I agree that there are racist people everywhere.
The problem is not that this one teacher was racist. It's that she didn't even feel the need to hide her racism, showing that racism against russians was socially acceptable

>I mean sure you can have a few examples of someone being racist, but I am not sure if that teacher would still hold her position to this day.
I haven't been in Estonia since 1999, so I dont know. But of course I hope that the racism against Russian minorities has diminished, although the posts on Sup Forums make me doubt that

well that is strange then are you from Klaipėda?

Yes, crime, unemployment, drugs.
Oh and refuse to speak latvian, also insult us for being latvian.

Baltic jew destroyed muh great russia.

Fuck off Putin.

Well you shouldn't trust Sup Forums posts, you should try finding English sources for Baltic news instead. Posters here are also in anime and traps but that's hardly a representation of whole country.

I think one of the biggest problems is that Russians never bother to learn the language. My aunt (mom's sister) is half Russian and her husband is like what, not even 40 I think. He always stutters when speaking Lithuanian. Some time last year he lost his driver's licence due to having alcohol in his system and my aunt had to fill all his papers when asking for its return because he is illiterate in Lithuanian. Some people, even adults and seniors, have trouble being indenepdent by themselves if they need to fill some paperwork or something, and then they blame it on oppression.

My aunt told this to me actually, when she talks to her relatives or stuff like that, that some of them know Lithuanian rather really well, but outright refuse to speak it on purpose. It really makes me neurons fire up.

I think that racism here against anyone is socially acceptable, well, at least 10 years ago definitely. It's not just Russians, you can't be a black person on a bus. You will always hear monkey sounds and the terms nigger, Africa. It wouldn't have been different with any nationality in your case I think.

Ukmergė. It was one of the main questions they asked when I went to job interview for Bitė. And it was a problem few times when I was doing apprenticeship in a retail shop.

>think one of the biggest problems is that Russians never bother to learn the language.
one way ticket to the shit life train

>refuse to learn estonian
>drop out of primary school
>can't get into secondary beacause can't into estonian
>can't into university because didn't go to secondary
>don't even get minimum wage job because no qualification and don't speak estonian
>turn to crime
>get jail time
>develop alcoholism
>become drug abuser
>get HIV
>get AIDS
>die
muh oppressions?? more like you could have prevented this yourself so cry less bitches

>Well you shouldn't trust Sup Forums posts, you should try finding English sources for Baltic news instead. Posters here are also in anime and traps but that's hardly a representation of whole country.
Yes, I hope that the Baltic people here are not really representative for the average Baltic population.

>I think one of the biggest problems is that Russians never bother to learn the language.
While this is certanly true, I went to Estonian Kindergarden and Estonian school, and still experienced anti-Russian sentiments, even by beeing able to speak Estonian perfectly. I am really glad that my family immigrated to Germany, because I believe in Estonia, I would have been always remained a second class citizen.

>I think that racism here against anyone is socially acceptable, well, at least 10 years ago definitely. It's not just Russians, you can't be a black person on a bus. You will always hear monkey sounds and the terms nigger, Africa. It wouldn't have been different with any nationality in your case I think.
Sad. I can only hope that the next generation of Baltic people will be more tolerant towards people of different culture and skin color.

i love estonia now! you're literally south korea in batic states:3

bitcoinschannel.com/estonia-and-south-korea-top-barclays-digital-development-index/

janes.com/article/67551/estonia-begins-k9-artillery-negotiations-with-south-korea

shouldn't have occupied them and then tried to replace the local population with r*ssians

The problem is, that until the fall of the soviet union, there was no need to learn Estonian language, because people were perfectly able to find work with russian language only.
Then, as Estonia became independant, from one day to the other, Estonian became the only official language, and almost half of Estonian population were foreigners in their own country.

noice!

>foreigners in their own country.
*foreigners in a country where they did not, do not and will not belong to, where they are not wanted, but where they actively choose to live and be "oppressed"

how very peculiar the russian logic is

because, surprise, it's not their country. literally same tier of leech mentality as the turk population here.

I don't know if you guys are aware, but Russian minorities always lived in the east of Estonia.
And at least here in Germany, historical minorities get special rights and their culture and language is protected, even when they are far less than 40% of our population

> Yes, I hope that the Baltic people here are not really representative for the average Baltic population.

No, they're all like that

Except 10-15 young SJWs

They do everything so people like you give up and move to more tolerant places.

They give passports but you will never become a high ranking army officer/governor/etc. When crisis starts and not enough jobs for everybody, they forget every rules and implement old good "profession - estonia" again.
Blame top commies, why the hell you blame ordinary workers/nurses/teachers

> because, surprise, it's not their country

Why? They think it's their country.

And I think this is really sad.
Estonia could do much better if it didn't opress 40% of their population, and if they had better relations with their eastern neighbour

>I don't know if you guys are aware, but Russian minorities always lived in the east of Estonia.
those people are not the same people brought here en masse by the occupant to work shit tier factory/construction jobs during '45-...
and there isn't a lot of them, there never was. perhaps a couple thousand in total, living peacefully growing onions and praying to their weird "god" or whatever

But if balts become not racist towards us we should do the same but I want to hate balts. Really makes my mind go hmm

Nationalism isn't about economy or progress or whatever.

The more monoethnic country becomes, the more orgasms nationalists get. And absolutely doesn't matter what is gonna happen with economy.

There are no russians in government, army, etc.

They all work in private sector and feed estonians

If they all leave, where will estonians get money?

No, fuck nationalist doesn't think about it. He just want muh pure 95% eesti.

RSFSR maybe, they were too poor to complain.

yes, it is true that soviet union settled a lot of russians (mostly lower class or criminals) in Estonia, as a part of their russification policy.
However, it is not very fair to blame those people for soviet policy, and since you can't exactly genocide them, I think it would be much better if Estonia tried to properly integrate them

>40%

where the fuck do you get this from? it's 24% (2011 consensus)

Mнoгoнaциoнaлия нe лyчшe. У нac нeт нигдe дoмa. Mы в пoлнocтью вpaждeбных нaм гocyдapcтвaх c 1917 гoдa.

>invade or puppet all neighboring nations
>why does everyone hate us

Ah yes, Russians

we have done everything on our part to provide ample opportunity for them to integrate. they choose not to.

literallly NOT OUR FUCKING PROBLEM

be happy and rot away like a true subhuman, but at least "i didn't become no dirty fashisti!!!!"

youtu.be/rKpXqwE2rg8

They are evil fashisty

since they are citizens of your country, it very much is your problem.
And mabye not seeing them as subhumans would help the integration process.

> we have done everything on our part to provide ample opportunity for them to integrate.

No you didn't.

You can start with equal representation in government.

kys

>I think it would be much better if Estonia tried to properly integrate them
Yes I wonder where I have seen this kind of speech before

kys fascist

i wanna strangle you to death and burn your worthless body

Funny that you mention it, cause Jews were almost fully integrated and incredibly productive part of German society, until that retard Hitler took over and killed millions of them.
Now America benefits from all the Jews who used to contribute to Germanys wealth

lewd

Exactly, I plan to move to another country in future, but I am not making a step even out of my city until I know the language.

It absolutely could have been the case, we don't have really good history together. But main problem is the first generation adults who came here to us and didn't grow up here. Adult people refuse to integrate and our adult people refuse to make peace. Children just mimic adults, it's not their fault over what happened over the centuries. And younger people don't care anymore, but of course media tries to set them against each other as always. Again, I am not sure who it is useful to, to keep them separated.

Another problem is that because almost every adult here speaks Russian, and so the Russians aren't forced to learn the native language. There is a couple from Russia who immigrated into my city, a man and a woman, I think woman is Chuvash or something. We had article in our newspaper about them, how the language barrier was really difficult but in the end they passed the national exam. I used to write with that woman and when I asked how people treat her here, she told me it's really easy because everywhere she goes everyone speaks Russian to her. This couple should be taken as example by all Russians, especially those who live here their whole life, which are put to shame.

>There are no russians in government, army, etc.
>They all work in private sector and feed estonians
Bullshit and bullshit.

>Country has to integrate minorities
Yes, just like a country has to integrate gypsies, who refuse it, right? If we don't integrate you, you blame non-integration for oppression. If we try to forcefully integrate you and shove down the language - it's oppression and fascism then, no?

impresif
veri nais

> Bullshit and bullshit.

Yeah smth like 5%? yeah

It should be 20+% at least

Just an example, if Spain conquered Portugal, sent us a million Spaniards to settle here, and then 50 years later we got independent and those Spaniards who settled here and never learned the language and adopted our cultured started playing the victim card I would go full Nazi on their asses too, literal genocide.

Also most of those productive jews were Zionists who actively conspired against Germany.

are you seriously comparing Russians to gypsies?
Gypsies have a culture that teaches them it is ok to steal from non-Gypsies.
Same can't be said about Russians. As a matter of fact, Russians are rather well integrated in Germany.
Baltic countries could have the same, a well integrated and productive Russian minority, which probably could help them to improve relations with Russia, if they didn't choose to discriminate against their minorities.

>25% of your population being drug using HIV positive slav criminals and degenerates
fate worse than death

>I would go full Nazi on their asses too, literal genocide.
so you would kill families, women and children, because spain relocated their ancestors to your country 50 years ago?

youtu.be/mWJSKhEwjy8

Because nazism never lost. Baltic micro nations are abusing Russians, Croatians/albanians/muslims are abusing ortodox nations on Balkan peninsula etc.

I don't know if its true, but it seems to me that balts are suprizingly uncritical of their history of nazi collaboration

>Nazi on their asses
Nah, go atatürk but not Nazi.
Relocation with some last bigger welfare check to either kaliningrad or crimea who both are regions profitting from more russian settlers.

Find that hard to believe

I am not talking about Estonia, I am talking about Lithuania. For Latvia and Lithuania your "statistic" is absolute bullshit.

I am not comparing Russians to gypsies, I am comparing how much of it is a government problem and how much incentive has to come from the minority. It is not as simple as you describe it. These territories, are still considered by many minority people, to be still part of Russia. Of course Russians are well integrated in Germany, it is Germany. Baltic countries will never have good relations with Russia, even if they tried and put 100% into it. It has to do with geo-politics, economics, everything... I think Finland is one of better examples of normal relations with Russia, but they don't have such minority. You can't really compare Baltics to pretty much anyone else in this matter, it is a single case. Well of course you can compare us to other ex-USSR nations and what their relations are with Russia, but admit it, no one wants life standards as those nations.

Actually we are and we had a heated debate about it last year when a woman released a new book called "Mūsiškiai" or "Ours"/"Our people". It describes in graphic details how Lithuanians collaborated and killed Jews, how they stole and sold their stuff etc. Our nationalist party, which gets less than 1% in elections, is frowned upon due to their "FUCK FAGGOTS LITHUANIA FOR LITHUANIANS" attitude. This Serb, like many people in this thread, doesn't know what he's talking about.

I am not trying to offend but you should just look more into it. I know it's a useless advice because most of sources are in Lithuanian and not in English, but lots of stuff said here are simply untrue. People who posted so far have made most of their research in news websites and Sup Forums.

You can start by learning the language and aspiring towards becoming politician. Nobody hands you a government place on a silver plate just because you're a minority. Fucking minority/diversity quota niggers.

> You can start by learning the language and aspiring towards becoming politician

Estonians will never support an ethnic russian.

Estonian boss will always reward estonian employees. Hell, he won't invite you for a job interview if you have wrong surname and name.
They do it on purpose to force people emigrate.

I guess the Russians now know what it is like to be spoken down to inn a place they call home.

Yeah, quotas are retarded I agree. But the main problem of baltic states is they inability to understand that russian will not migrate or just magically disappear. You need adopt americans way of dealing with them or you will continue to suffer and nothing will change for ages.

Because it is easy and fun. :-DDDDD

>Nobody hands you a government place on a silver plate just because you're a minority.
pro-tip: in estonia you can only be a member of the parliament if you have estonian citizenship...

We know it since 1917 burger

...and estonian ancestry you forgot to add

no i did not forget to add anything. if you want to get into estonian parliament, but you're a russian then learn the language, pass the national exams, wipe your ass with your russian passport and take part in the elections. until then stfu+gtfo